• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
6 6

3,607 posts in this topic

Everyone loves the WD , especially the Black, now it's time to shut everyone up...Hold on, it's coming ...

WTF, this is the longest deuce in history!! :taptaptap:

Sorry, Still in the woks, may be somewhat delayed.....

:grin:

Stir-fried?

AMC CEO Says No End to The Walking Dead in Sight !!

When series creator Robert Kirkman brought the series to life in comic book form, he invisioned it as the "never ending zombie story," which seems to be the mantra being brought to the television series.

“We hope that zombies live forever and we’ve just begun to find out what the post-apocalyptic world is like,” said AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan (via The Hollywood Reporter), “so that we’ll be sitting here at the Barclays conference in 2022 discussing the fact that Walking Dead is not over."

:headbang:

I will say it once more - I don't think anyone here actually thinks this will be a $5 or even $50 comic one day again. It is a modern key, to be sure. I think I speak for most of the so-called "haters" when I say that I believe the book cannot sustain its current value. IMHO, $2000 + is an inflated price due mostly to the show's popularity. In my not-so-professional opinion, the book will dip as far as $400-500 at its worst, but will probably float back up to $800 as a long-term price for CGC 9.8s.

Which, if you paid cover for the book, is still pretty dang awesome!

:)

I think we understood your opinion the first time :baiting:

Pfff, I am sure it will be said again in this very thread.

:/

-slym

Everyone loves the WD , especially the Black, now it's time to shut everyone up...Hold on, it's coming ...

WTF, this is the longest deuce in history!! :taptaptap:

Sorry, Still in the woks, may be somewhat delayed.....

:grin:

:sick:

Prarie-doggin' like a mo-fo.

:roflmao:

-slym

When series creator Robert Kirkman brought the series to life in comic book form, he invisioned it as the "never ending zombie story," which seems to be the mantra being brought to the television series.

“We hope that zombies live forever and we’ve just begun to find out what the post-apocalyptic world is like,” said AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan (via The Hollywood Reporter), “so that we’ll be sitting here at the Barclays conference in 2022 discussing the fact that Walking Dead is not over."

Good for him of it does end up that way. But, the Nielson ratings will tell the real story in a few years. They may be as good as he hopes, or it may be gone in 3 years, only time will tell.

;)

-slym

lol Of course they say that now. If it continues this same ratings success it could run as long as the Simpsons. When the network stops making money they stop airing shows.

Here's a headline that's pretty similar.

NBC CEO Says No End to Heroes in Sight !! (December, 2007)

lol Of course they say that now. If it continues this same ratings success it could run as long as the Simpsons. When the network stops making money they stop airing shows.

Apples to oranges. Don't beat yourself up about it. It's a common mistake.

Apples to oranges. Don't beat yourself up about it. It's a common mistake.

Thanks, pal. lol

BREAKING NEWS: Exec Backs Own Product; Says "It's Going Very Well, Thanks!!"

We hope that zombies live forever and we’ve just begun to find out what the post-apocalyptic world is like,”[/b] said AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan (via The Hollywood Reporter), “so that we’ll be sitting here at the Barclays conference in 2022 discussing the fact that Walking Dead is not over." :headbang:

I think wrote in this thread ages ago that the popularity of horror and zombie films ebbs and flows with the overall socioeconomic environment. Bad economy + dark mood = greater popularity of horror films. Just look at all the Universal horror properties that were big hits during the 1930s and 1940s. Good economy + sunny mood = greater popularity of Disney animated films and the like. There's a reason why Night of the Living Dead came out amid the tumult of the late '60s, and there's a reason why The Walking Dead TV show has resonated so much in the tough economy of the post-financial crisis world.

If The Walking Dead is still popular in 2022, it probably means we will have been in a decade-plus long economic malaise and have bigger problems to worry about than whether TWD #1 black or white edition is worth more money. I hope for all our sakes that TWD is cancelled by 2022. :wishluck: