• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Here is what is not going to happen after the show ends.

1. WD #1-9, 19 ,27 will rise in value

2. WD #1-9, 19 ,27 values will burst into becoming cheap books

What will happen after the shows ends is their values over the next 1-2 years after will deflate to a true realistic value, but still retaining a good portion of their TV show value. Lets say 60-65%.

WD #1 is the Hulk #181 of the BA, TNMT #1 of the CA, and now the mega book of Modern Age.

So some of you who think you will be able to buy a WD #1 CGC 9.8 for as low as $100-$600 bucks after the show ends please stop saying opinions that are very stupid.

recorded high = $3,750 (was in 2013)

average price of 2013 = $2,139 or 57% of high

current low price I have seen = $1,600 (fyi no one bought it) or 43% of high

book has dropped 67% versus high and 25% versus average of 2013

$600 = 38% of $1,600 => While an aggressive forecast in a year, not all that "stupid" long term.

(shrug)

Try to be a little nicer with your insults.

:grin:

Try not to take a couple 3K sales and not see they were outliers. :eyeroll:

WD #1 in CGC 9.8 during the show has pretty much traded at $1700-2300 with the show hype.

If you think you will be able to buy a graded 9.8 for less than $600 or a CGC 9.6 WD #1 for less than $300 I will gladly add you to my ever growing list of stupid people in this thread. (shrug)

hm Thinking you need to add him to your list......

It would seem so.

I don't know if Rfoiii is correct, I suspect not, but at least he put his argument forward in a reasoned and polite way.

Also I am not sure you can dismiss the $3750 sale so easily, I haven't crunched the numbers but it might fall within the upper quartile of the distribution and even if it doesn't you could take one of the high 2k figures and still demonstrate a large reduction in price.

Comics are entirely speculative and demand is driven by sentiment. Because of this prices are very hard to predict and I would never be so rash as to rule out a reasoned argument as stupid so quickly.

What will happen after the shows ends is their values over the next 1-2 years after will deflate to a true realistic value, but still retaining a good portion of their TV show value. Lets say 60-65%.

WD #1 is the Hulk #181 of the BA, TNMT #1 of the CA, and now the mega book of Modern Age.

So some of you who think you will be able to buy a WD #1 CGC 9.8 for as low as $100-$600 bucks after the show ends please stop saying opinions that are very stupid.

$600 = 38% of $1,600 => While an aggressive forecast in a year, not all that "stupid" long term.

(shrug)

WD #1 in CGC 9.8 during the show has pretty much traded at $1700-2300 with the show hype.

If you think you will be able to buy a graded 9.8 for less than $600 or a CGC 9.6 WD #1 for less than $300 I will gladly add you to my ever growing list of stupid people in this thread. (shrug)

It would seem so.

I don't know if Rfoiii is correct, I suspect not, but at least he put his argument forward in a reasoned and polite way.

Also I am not sure you can dismiss the $3750 sale so easily, I haven't crunched the numbers but it might fall within the upper quartile of the distribution and even if it doesn't you could take one of the high 2k figures and still demonstrate a large reduction in price.

Comics are entirely speculative and demand is driven by sentiment. Because of this prices are very hard to predict and I would never be so rash as to rule out a reasoned argument as stupid so quickly.

See bold where everything you said was beautiful till after you kept going. :cry:

(shrug)

It would seem so.

Gentlemen or ladies (not sure). Quoting arbitrary price points and stating you personal opinion is not a valid argument.

You provide no data, make large claims and then insult people.

I may not be taking this seriously, but it is because you don't deserve it.

(real slow) Dooooooooo youuuuuuuuuuu knoooooow what GPA is? :idea:

This magical place where people such as yourself can see factual numerical data to backup logical reasoning of comic books values on a lot of comic books

Sooooooo

Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8

Aug-25-2013 $3,750 (2 others sold on that same day for 2k and $2500)

Dec-30-2012 $3,500 (1 other sold that same day for $2600)

Dec-25-2012 $3,050

So from the known 209 CGC 9.8s copies of WD #1 that were sold in 2012 and 2013 only 3 went for over 3k, and 2 were around X-mas of that year. The other 206 went on average for about $1900 bucks there about. So again those couple sales of 3K are for #1 who knows if the buyer even paid the seller, and #2 were obvious outliers from all the other sales of the past couple years. The high was to sell your WD from the time period when they were selling at $2500-2800, but that was short-lived.

2014 so far a couple have sold for $1800-1900 which for the past year they have been steadily trading at since the pop of the WD as a new TV is over. Now the question is how much will it drop once the show is over.

In CGC 9.8 it will always be a thousand dollar + book. 6-7 years from now the book is is probably trading at $1100-1300.

At $600 I wouldn't hold my breath.

(shrug)

It would seem so.

Gentlemen or ladies (not sure). Quoting arbitrary price points and stating you personal opinion is not a valid argument.

This magical place where people such as yourself can see factual numerical data to backup logical reasoning of comic books values on a lot of comic books

Sooooooo

Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8

Dec-25-2012 $3,050

So from the known 209 CGC 9.8s copies of WD #1 that were sold in 2012 and 2013 only 3 went for over 3k, and 2 were around X-mas of that year. The other 206 went on average for about $1900 bucks there about. So again those couple sales of 3K are for #1 who knows if the buyer even paid the seller, and #2 were obvious outliers from all the other sales of the past couple years. The high was to sell your WD from the time period when they were selling at $2500-2800, but that was short-lived.

2014 so far a couple have sold for $1800-1900 which for the past year they have been steadily trading at since the pop of the WD as a new TV is over. Now the question is how much will it drop once the show is over.

In CGC 9.8 it will always be a thousand dollar + book. 6-7 years from now the book is is probably trading at $1100-1300.

Friend, I got my data from the same place you did.

The first half of your argument reported the same sales I quoted but with a different take. Which is arguably fine.

The second half of your statement jumps into a rash conclusion where you set an arbitrary low for the book based on its popularity relative to a TV show without relevant data to support. This is pure speculation and supported only by your opinion - and thus subject to scrutiny. Having an opinion is fine, but so is challenging it.

FYI - you could be nicer, sarcasm doesn't make your point stronger, it makes it appear weaker.

Of course $600 isn't outlandish, and I would say that long-term, it might be a bit high.

That's because all these "true fans" of TWD are mostly fair-weather fans, and congregate when the heat is on, but when the show is off the air and forgotten, the vast majority will flit over to the latest "hot fad" and profess their "true fanness" once again.

Today's pop culture is all about the here-and-now, and no one wants to be sitting on a cold street corner, rambling on about a zombie TV show that's been off the air for years.

(shrug)

It would seem so.

Sooooooo

Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.8

Dec-25-2012 $3,050

Your argument is wrong.

Of course $600 isn't outlandish, and I would say that long-term, it might be a bit high.

That's because all these "true fans" of TWD are mostly fair-weather fans, and congregate when the heat is on, but when the show is off the air and forgotten, the vast majority will flit over to the latest "hot fad" and profess their "true fanness" once again.

Today's pop culture is all about the here-and-now, and no one wants to be sitting on a cold street corner, rambling on about a zombie TV show that's been off the air for years.

everybody-is-going-there.gif

:cry: I'm going to miss those guys Joe......I really am

everybody-is-going-there.gif

:cry: I'm going to miss those guys Joe......I really am

:golfclap:

It's a $1200 book. Rare, first issue with a low run, kicked off by the series, will outlast the series, you will have zombie fans and have had hardcore zombie fans since 1968, plus you have people that paid too much to let it go for pennies and these holdouts will sustain a higher price than if it were in free fall. There will always be a demand for it.