• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

I guess so on that one. This was in person though, so i'm not even sure what the current going rate on ebay is. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the seller had tried ebay and got it returned to him or something due to it's ugliness, so this one maybe shouldn't count anyway. I've looked at thousands of cgc 9.8's and i honestly think this is the worst i have ever seen. It's like the grader was watching the mid season finale while he was grading it and was like "Walking dead, Helll yeah! 9.8!!!!"

I guess so on that one. This was in person though, so i'm not even sure what the current going rate on ebay is. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the seller had tried ebay and got it returned to him or something due to it's ugliness, so this one maybe shouldn't count anyway. I've looked at thousands of cgc 9.8's and i honestly think this is the worst i have ever seen. It's like the grader was watching the mid season finale while he was grading it and was like "Walking dead, Helll yeah! 9.8!!!!"

Ha! Probably! CGC gave my copy a 9.8, but I truly think it was 9.9. It was one of the most flawless books I'd ever seen. I bought It when it first came out and bagged and boarded, and I don't think I ever read the darn thing. But whatever.

Here's the last 9.8 ebay sale. Sold for $1750. Not bad, but nowhere near the $2500 average it used to be.

WD1

by bubble do you mean the value of #1 because isn't it down considerably from last year or do you mean when will the comic series die and a final issue happen?

I think we're finally seeing some price corrections on original art.

This went for $765.

This for $399 didn't even sell.

This is at $2100, likely to end at that price.

wow my buddy has the page right after that one where dude's head comes off i brokered it for him 3 years ago at $320....

This went for $765.

This is at $2100, likely to end at that price.

wow my buddy has the page right after that one where dude's head comes off i brokered it for him 3 years ago at $320....

Can you broker it again ? hm

This went for $765.

This is at

$2100, likely to end at that price.

Can you broker it again ? hm

I can pass on an offer and try to tell him now is a good time to sell. its way better page than that other one-it's a beaut...should have kept it myself it seems

[font:Book Antiqua]

Once this season is over

we are going to see some price reductions

and adjustment of the market...

By now, the book and the series has reach his peek

both are going to stay top of the hill for a couple of years...

But after that is a slow downhill...

2c

[/font]

A lot of head-chopping-off 'round these TWD parts lately...

:D

-slym

i always consider it a body being chopped off...

Here's the last 9.8 ebay sale. Sold for $1750. Not bad, but nowhere near the $2500 average it used to be.

WD1

The book never averaged $2500 from what I can see.

There were a few high sales that propped up the average (one was a $3750 sale that is an anomaly but a real sale) but the book has consistently been an $1800-2000 book for nearly 2 years now.

WD1

The book never averaged $2500 from what I can see.

There were a few high sales that propped up the average (one was a $3750 sale that is an anomaly but a real sale) but the book has consistently been an $1800-2000 book for nearly 2 years now.

hm then why does it not sell on on here at $1,600 and lower...

Multiple copies have been for sale on the boards below the $1,800 price point that have moved on to "the bay."