• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

anyone got a WD #1 stan lee SS?

Right here! You wanna buy it?

yes! stanlee was integral to that series creation! he should have a cameo in new season.

Here's the last 9.8 ebay sale. Sold for $1750. Not bad, but nowhere near the $2500 average it used to be.

WD1

The book never averaged $2500 from what I can see.

There were a few high sales that propped up the average (one was a $3750 sale that is an anomaly but a real sale) but the book has consistently been an $1800-2000 book for nearly 2 years now.

hm then why does it not sell on on here at $1,600 and lower...

Multiple copies have been for sale on the boards below the $1,800 price point that have moved on to "the bay."

Because these boards have never been an accurate indicator of how to price a book.

If you've been here for more than a few months and observed sales you'll notice that many books fetch more on the open market than they do in a closed marketplace.

There are many books that don't sell here that fetch more out in the real world.

I offered my WD #1 here a few months ago and it wouldn't get a sniff and then I got over $1900 for it elsewhere.

I offered my WD #1 here a few months ago and it wouldn't get a sniff and then I got over $1900 for it elsewhere.

Yeah, and the original asking price was what ... 2.3k or thereabouts IIRC

Because these boards have never been an accurate indicator of how to price a book.

hm

I started at $2250 because there were a few $2500 sales at that point in time as the season opened and dropped the price to $1900 and I think I entertained a $1700 offer through the forums, or something like that. Ended up getting my $1900 ask without fees elsewhere.

hm

I meant the selling forums. If it's a fairly common book it's usually just boardies trolling for a cheap flip. Tougher, more desirable books will fetch strong money but they are not the norm.

I started at $2250 because there were a few $2500 sales at that point in time as the season opened and dropped the price to $1900 and I think I entertained a $1700 offer through the forums, or something like that. Ended up getting my $1900 ask without fees elsewhere.

hm

I meant the selling forums. If it's a fairly common book it's usually just boardies trolling for a cheap flip. Tougher, more desirable books will fetch strong money but they are not the norm.

Not all of us are trolling for the flip. But there used to be the idea that you would price on the boards a little below what you would get on eBay as you didn't have to pay the eBay fees.

But there used to be the idea that you would price on the boards a little below what you would get on eBay as you didn't have to pay the eBay fees.

Yup, and I still generally do unless it's something extremely difficult to replace or something really special.

I find a lot of the 'hype' and max dollar listings in the selling forum to be kind of sad.

Here's the last 9.8 ebay sale. Sold for $1750. Not bad, but nowhere near the $2500 average it used to be.

WD1

The book never averaged $2500 from what I can see.

There were a few high sales that propped up the average (one was a $3750 sale that is an anomaly but a real sale) but the book has consistently been an $1800-2000 book for nearly 2 years now.

hm then why does it not sell on on here at $1,600 and lower...

Multiple copies have been for sale on the boards below the $1,800 price point that have moved on to "the bay."

If you've been here for more than a few months and observed sales you'll notice that many books fetch more on the open market than they do in a closed marketplace.

There are many books that don't sell here that fetch more out in the real world.

+1

I said before and I will say it again. Women love The Walking Dead TV series and comic book. The Walking Dead definitely doesn`t have the same demographics that most old school comic books have.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Thoughts on the plot development in latest show episode showing little girl as zombie-loving hippie???

Edited by kav

I sold a cgc 9.8 number 1 for $ 2050 a few weeks ago. Ccmp99 is my username if u check sales. Only reason I sold it was to pay down an amazing fantasy 15. I paid $400 for it a few years ago ungraded, so it's still a decent profit but I miss it. I had two wd 1's 9.8. Now I only have my black label 9.8. Which I'll probably keep for the long haul.

I know prices have gone down this past year but I really think it was a chain reaction of everyone selling their books. I guess we'll see what happens

All i can say is that I'm glad when i was able to sell my copy for $2700. That really did seem like the average at the time. I had no faith at all that it would be self sustainable at that price, so i dumped it at the opportune moment. Theres no way i could get that much for it now. The book has definitely taken a hit, but it is still going strong...for now.

What i love the most about this book is that it has broken barriers that comic collectors had never seen before. Its a real slap in the face to the general rules of comic investing. For that, i cant wait until it really goes down in price 10 years after the final episode, so i can afford to buy another one. ;)