• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Here's a breakdown of profit from last season

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/10/amc-makes-per-episode-of-the-walking-dead

If there are about 18 minutes worth of 30-second commercials during a single episode, that means AMC makes about $11 million off an episode.

11m an episode and they still can't hire a weapons consultant. I like the show despite all the errors mainly because its the only zombie show in town. Actually there is one on the sci-fi channel but I couldn't even finish that garbage. Almost everyone who works with me watches TWD but none of them collect or have any interest in the comics.

No wonder they want to have so many episodes. It's a shame because it's detrimental to the story-telling, imo. I stopped watching a while ago because it was just dragging on too much.

The first season, at 6 episodes, was brilliant. Really tight story-telling and it felt more like how the original story felt.

Clearly a lot of people disagree with me haha.

Will have to check out the season 5 premiere at some stage because it's getting a lot of great reviews.

giphy.gif

TWD TV show is unwatchable but that Sunday night blowout was worse.

Revel in this short-lived victory my friends and feel no shame when you are pretending to chop off zombie heads during your Monday morning coffee break because you beat football dammit.

Next week viewers will probably choose to watch SF vs Denver (*) rather than watching a virtual repeat of the show they watched last week.

:grin:

* maybe not if it's 20 to nothing before "your" show even starts :baiting:

Edited by bababooey

No wonder they want to have so many episodes. It's a shame because it's detrimental to the story-telling, imo. I stopped watching a while ago because it was just dragging on too much.

The first season, at 6 episodes, was brilliant. Really tight story-telling and it felt more like how the original story felt.

Clearly a lot of people disagree with me haha.

Will have to check out the season 5 premiere at some stage because it's getting a lot of great reviews.

giphy.gif

lol (thumbs u

Revel in this short-lived victory my friends and feel no shame when you are pretending to chop off zombie heads during your Monday morning coffee break because you beat football dammit.

Next week viewers will probably choose to watch SF vs Denver (*) rather than watching a virtual repeat of the show they watched last week.

Giants fan, eh?

Is this from an actual human being? He's trolling, right?

The Walking Dead beats Sunday Night football heads up (and beats them even more decisively in the 18-49 y/o male demo, which is where the real money is) in a matchup featuring TWO TOP FIVE MARKETS (the Giants & Eagles), in a game RIDDLED with playoff implications for both teams, and you actually think it's a fluke????

tumblr_lrlinuX7VB1qg6v9wo1_400.gif

Giants fan, eh?

:cry:

Nope.

throwback.gif

The Walking Dead beats Sunday Night football heads up (and beats them even more decisively in the 18-49 y/o male demo, which is where the real money is) in a matchup featuring TWO TOP FIVE MARKETS (the Giants & Eagles), in a game RIDDLED with playoff implications for both teams, and you actually think it's a fluke????

I did try to watch it for three seasons. :foryou:

Don't mind me, carry on with the victory lap Woot_Emoticon.gif

Jeremy Piven is awesome.

Decided to look it up. The final numbers came out (Nielsen) and Sunday night football came out on top with over 18m viewers.
:o:fear:

I predict no one will pay attention to this and continue to rant and rave about how great the zombie television show is and how it will contribute to the long-term value of the comic.

Mostly in mocking meme format.

Decided to look it up. The final numbers came out (Nielsen) and Sunday night football came out on top with over 18m viewers.
:o:fear:

To be fair, I couldn't find any official numbers for TWD other than the 17.3m in the links posted by others above.

Its a big difference when you consider its on a cable channel

Here's another good article

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/2014/10/13/the-walking-dead-season-5-premiere-breaks-ratings-record-as-the-most-watched-cable-show-of-all-time/

With 17.3 million viewers, last night’s season five premiere of AMC’s “The Walking Dead” was the highest rated show in cable television history. The show topped a 2007 airing of “High School Musical 2″ which aired on August 17, 2007 and drew 17.2 million viewers as highest-rated live/same day non-sports telecast in cable history.

That season 4 premiere, with 21.1 million total viewers, had been the most watched cable show of all time when considering time-shifted viewing, which wasn’t much of a factor when HSM set its record in 2007. Last night’s premiere, entitled No Sanctuary, is expected to break that record with more than 22 million total viewers.

What’s been even more impressive than the raw numbers is “The Walking Dead’s” demographic performance, and last night was no exception. With 11 million viewers, a 6% increase over last year, the premiere was the most watched show in the 18-49 age group, beating powerhouse live programming like Sunday Night Football.