• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

The fact that this thread exist is because all the people that have resentments against such an awesome book and the phenomenon of it. It errks them so much that they have to make such a thread waiting and hoping and praying that it crashes, so they can have the last laugh. Just f***ing leave it alone. It is what it is. Look at the sixth gun, IF the show does air, there will be another one of these threads but it will have "The Sixth Gun" title in front of it.

I love the TV show, but I don't own a single issue of TWD. And if I did, I'd sell it now and wait to buy it back later at 1/2 to 1/4 of what it is currently selling for. There's no way a modern book can sustain that value for long.

And we won't leave it alone, thank you very much. But thanks for telling me what to post & what not to. I will be sure to run all future posts of mine by you.

PM sent, the first of 100 a day!

:D

-slym

I don't think that is the reason this thread exists.

It exists because the comic had a meteoric spike in value and it's a viable question to ask when or if the bubble will burst.

Resentment isn't in the equation as far as I can see. I'm a WD #1 owner also.

I see no harm in asking the question.

The fact that this thread exist is because all the people that have resentments against such an awesome book and the phenomenon of it. It errks them so much that they have to make such a thread waiting and hoping and praying that it crashes, so they can have the last laugh. Just f***ing leave it alone. It is what it is. Look at the sixth gun, IF the show does air, there will be another one of these threads but it will have "The Sixth Gun" title in front of it.

I love the TV show, but I don't own a single issue of TWD. And if I did, I'd sell it now and wait to buy it back later at 1/2 to 1/4 of what it is currently selling for. There's no way a modern book can sustain that value for long.

And we won't leave it alone, thank you very much. But thanks for telling me what to post & what not to. I will be sure to run all future posts of mine by you.

-slym

I have to admit...comments like this Slym add fuel to the fire here. You don't have any facts to back up your definitive claim there is "no way a modern book can sustain...". You don't have a time machine and you don't know for sure.

Speculating is one thing. Making comments like yours just cause division among people.

-slym

I have to admit...comments like this Slym add fuel to the fire here. You don't have any facts to back up your definitive claim there is "no way a modern book can sustain...". You don't have a time machine and you don't know for sure.

Speculating is one thing. Making comments like yours just cause division among people.

Thank you Mark I couldn't have said it better myself.

nevermind

Don't listen to these fools it will never burst ... The WD is here to stay, especially #1. If it does spike down , make sure you buy another #1, because this baby is here to stay....

Don't listen to these fools it will never burst ... The WD is here to stay, especially #1.

I'd say this is just as inflammatory & divisive as anything I have said here tonight... but no one calls him out for it.

hm

-slym

Honestly, the show is incredible. The books are clever and there's a GIANT engine that's propelling this behemoth of a vehicle and pushing it forward as a current sustaining trend. It will NATURALLY slow down once the next big thing will pop up but it will take awhile, and in my belief, will ALWAYS remain a KEY book.

My estimated guess is that it will peak at 5K and then drop down slowly to its current value (2.5 - 3K), but that's just a guess

Don't listen to these fools it will never burst ... The WD is here to stay, especially #1.

I'd say this is just as inflammatory & divisive as anything I have said here tonight... but no one calls him out for it.

hm

-slym

I agree. Both you guys are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

doh!

Just for clarity - I have not once said this isn't a key book (it is,) and I know it's rarity alone will keep it at a high-end value.

What that value will see, well, let's all wait a while. It will show itself in time.

In the meantime, opine and speculate!!!

(:

-slym