• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Honestly, the show is incredible. The books are clever and there's a GIANT engine that's propelling this behemoth of a vehicle and pushing it forward as a current sustaining trend. It will NATURALLY slow down once the next big thing will pop up but it will take awhile, and in my belief, will ALWAYS remain a KEY book.

My estimated guess is that it will peak at 5K and then drop down slowly to its current value (2.5 - 3K), but that's just a guess

If that is what you truly believe, are you buying all the copies on eBay that are under $5k so you can sell them at the peak?

There are quite a few listed at $3.5k and less.

Gentlemen...

I do not have a horse in this race. I enjoy the TV show immensely yet I have not picked up a single copy of the comic.

So here we go...

Remember Mystery Tales #40, the comic that appeared on LOST? Everyone said that it would eventually cool down and copies would be available after the show ended.

I am still waiting and would like my copy.

While I realize that WD is in far more abundance, I believe that there will always be a strong demand for this book. The demand coupled with the mystique will hold most of the value even after the dust settles.

To retaliate, what about DC's "Faster Friends?" Another comic shown on LOST. I was selling sets of those two for $25-$35 at the height of the show. Where are they now?

Just for comparison.

;)

-slym

Honestly, the show is incredible. The books are clever and there's a GIANT engine that's propelling this behemoth of a vehicle and pushing it forward as a current sustaining trend. It will NATURALLY slow down once the next big thing will pop up but it will take awhile, and in my belief, will ALWAYS remain a KEY book.

My estimated guess is that it will peak at 5K and then drop down slowly to its current value (2.5 - 3K), but that's just a guess

I like it... Great analogy..In all honesty I am just playing, I have been the fool many times, I hope I am not with this book, I also think it will sustain a decent pricing, there is too much of a following, and Zombies are here to stay forever..

And so no one gets their panties in a wad again:

Just for clarity - I have not once said this isn't a key book (it is,) and I know it's rarity alone will keep it at a high-end value.

What that value will see, well, let's all wait a while. It will show itself in time.

In the meantime, opine and speculate!!!

(:

-slym

To retaliate, what about DC's "Faster Friends?" Another comic shown on LOST. I was selling sets of those two for $25-$35 at the height of the show. Where are they now?

Just for comparison.

;)

-slym

Excellent point. I offer this as a response. Mystery Tales 40 seems to share more of the show's premise than Faster Friends. Mystery Tales features the Hidden Land and the guy is on an airplane. The Spanish version of Faster Friends was just a book that Hurley read. Mystery Tales had more of a mystique about it once Richard presented it to John Locke as a child hinting that the comic book itself had a connection to John's role on the island.

Yes, I want my Mystery Tales 40.

Gentlemen...

I do not have a horse in this race. I enjoy the TV show immensely yet I have not picked up a single copy of the comic.

So here we go...

Remember Mystery Tales #40, the comic that appeared on LOST? Everyone said that it would eventually cool down and copies would be available after the show ended.

I am still waiting and would like my copy.

While I realize that WD is in far more abundance, I believe that there will always be a strong demand for this book. The demand coupled with the mystique will hold most of the value even after the dust settles.

This is what I believe will happen. There will always be a mystique about WD1. If this discussion were about any other issues above #6...I'd have a stronger opinion they will degrease. I wonder if my green foil cover Gov 1 issue will ever go higher than $200 that I paid for it....

Know what I'm saying? lol

I feel much better about the likelihood WD 1 will be a player for years to come.

Just for comparison.

;)

Excellent point. I offer this as a response. Mystery Tales 40 seems to share more of the show's premise than Faster Friends. Mystery Tales features the Hidden Land and the guy is on an airplane. The Spanish version of Faster Friends was just a book that Hurley read. Mystery Tales had more of a mystique about it once Richard presented it to John Locke as a child hinting that the comic book itself had a connection to John's role on the island.

Yes, I want my Mystery Tales 40.

:applause:

I wish more exchanges could be this civil.

Well done, sir!

-slym (never saw LOST past Season 3) :blush:

Don't listen to these fools it will never burst ... The WD is here to stay, especially #1.

I'd say this is just as inflammatory & divisive as anything I have said here tonight... but no one calls him out for it.

hm

-slym

you're worried about comments from a guy that bought Revival #1's in 9.9 for $950 and flipped them a month later for $500?

Don't listen to these fools it will never burst ... The WD is here to stay, especially #1.

I'd say this is just as inflammatory & divisive as anything I have said here tonight... but no one calls him out for it.

hm

-slym

you're worried about comments from a guy that bought Revival #1's in 9.9 for $950 and flipped them a month later for $500?

Sounds like a financial genius (thumbs u