• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT WOULD BE YOUR SS GRAIL?

146 posts in this topic

It just occurred to me that a Frank Miller and/or a Mazzuchelli on Batman 404 would certainly rank high up there for me, particularly the latter.

That'd be awesome. I have a Mazz. I have a Miller. But a combo would be swell.

Say whaaa? Which Mazzuchelli do you have?

Sports: Roger Staubach. But plenty of others after that...

Movies: Yeah, DeNiro, Pacino, Eastwood... They'd all be great. But a Brad Pitt, Ed Norton, David Fincher, Chuck Palahniuk, Helena Bonham Carter, Meatloaf, Jared Leto SS would be sweet.

TV: Sarah Michelle Gellar/Eliza Dushku double sig; Michael C. Hall Dexter SS, Big Bang Theory Cast SS, Sienfeld Cast SS...

Mainstream Comics: Ditko/Lee and Kirby/Lee double SS's ;), Alex Schomburg SS, heck those would be in order as far as the one's I'd want the most, but the unattainable comic list could go on and on: LB Cole, Lee Elias, Dan DeCarlo, Bob Montana, Dave Cockrum, John Buscema, Gil Kane, etc...

Undergrounds: Charles Burns, Joe Matt, Daniel Clowes, James Kochalka...

It just occurred to me that a Frank Miller and/or a Mazzuchelli on Batman 404 would certainly rank high up there for me, particularly the latter.

My Miller is a DD 231, my Mazz a 232.

He did a few before he turned his back on it. Somebody on here probably has better knowledge of how many. Someone had a few they sold on the boards here 'bout a year and a half ago. Haven't seen one available since...

I'm not positive but I think Chuck got the bargain Mazz. lol

My current grail project is an Adventure Comics 346 in 9.8 SS by Shooter, it will be a quest in every sense of the word.

To a lesser extent I need to kidnap convince Brandon Choi to stop by Project Comic-Con next year so I can get the final Sig on a bunch of Gen13's.

My current grail project is an Adventure Comics 346 in 9.8 SS by Shooter, it will be a quest in every sense of the word.

To a lesser extent I need to kidnap convince Brandon Choi to stop by Project Comic-Con next year so I can get the final Sig on a bunch of Gen13's.

I hear ya on the Choi.

I am also looking for 9.8 SS Michael Turner Wolverine

I also always wanted one. I remember seeing these being sold on the Wizard website for $40 when they first came out and should've gotten one then. After his untimely death they skyrocketed.

I am also looking for 9.8 SS Michael Turner Wolverine

I also always wanted one. I remember seeing these being sold on the Wizard website for $40 when they first came out and should've gotten one then. After his untimely death they skyrocketed.

Well here something dum..I bought one, the sketch one...and took it out of the slab, don't ask me why...it cost me 100 bucks

Still love it...and want Trimpe's sig on it..but I want to personally get it.

I have mine. A nothing book to most collectors but it has sentimental value to me.

Hulk 197 signed by Buscema

Hulk 197 signed by Wrightson

Hulk 197 signed by both.

That book has a great cover. I picked up a Wrightson SS a year or two ago. It's only a 9.4 but I've always been a sucker for Bernie covers.