• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New comics for 7/8/2004

38 posts in this topic

and my picks:

Fantastic Four #515

Supreme Power #11

AND MY UPDATED PICKS:

DC COMICS

ACTION COMICS #775 2ND PTG $3.75

MARVEL

FANTASTIC FOUR #515 $2.25

INVADERS #0 $2.99

LOKI #1 (Of 4) $3.50

OFFICIAL HANDBOOK MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS 2004 $3.99

THANOS #12 $2.99 (thought this was out already confused-smiley-013.gif )

THOR #82 $2.99

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #62 $2.25

UNCANNY X-MEN #446 $2.25

WIZARD

TWISTED TOYFARE THEATRE VOL 4 TP $9.99

Came back from the LCS and picekd up a couple more not on the list above:

Cap America/Falcon 5 - part of Avengers Disassembled storyline

Swamp Thing 5

My Thanos 12 has "Samaritan Part 4 of 6" on the cover, but issue 10 was part f4 of 6. On the inside of Thanos 12, it has the correct part 6 of 6 confused-smiley-013.gif Anyone have a correct Part 6 of 6 on the front cover of their Thanos 12?

3 Geeks Swimsuit spectacular

Y the Last man 24

My purchases today:

CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE FALCON #5 $2.99

FANTASTIC FOUR #515 $2.25

OFFICIAL HANDBOOK MARVEL UNIVERSE AVENGERS 2004 $3.99

THOR #82 $2.99

UNCANNY X-MEN #446 $2.25

My buys today-

CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE FALCON #5 - story is still a bit convoluted, but at least the art is much better. tongue.gif

FANTASTIC FOUR #515 - I've loved all of Mark Waid's run so far, but this Frightful Four arc is losing me. boo.gif

SPIDER-GIRL #76 - Still the best book Marvel is currently producing. cloud9.gif

THANOS #12 - That "4 of 6" on the cover confused me, too. foreheadslap.gif Oh, well. A knid of ho-hum final issue. juggle.gif

THOR #82 $2.99 - deepest regrets, FD, but verily, thine issue t'wern't naught but to write thy home regarding. sorry.gif

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #62 - Whoa. This is getting *seriously* creepy. And poor you-know-who! 893whatthe.gif

WITCHES #3 (Of 4) - Is it the cheescake art? Or the intriguing plot? Gotta by the former! cool.gif But at least the book has Dr. Strange. thumbsup2.gif

TWISTED TOYFARE THEATRE VOL 4 TP - I'm still laughing! 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

THOR #82 $2.99 - deepest regrets, FD, but verily, thine issue t'wern't naught but to write thy home regarding. sorry.gif

I think he was referring to the last page? That really was drooling fanboy heaven, even if the rest of the book wasn't.

I think he was referring to the last page? That really was drooling fanboy heaven, even if the rest of the book wasn't.

THe last page wasn't drooling fanboy heaven? Come on! It doesn't get more fanboy heaven than that. Also, the Valkyrie cameo was pretty cool.

THe last page wasn't drooling fanboy heaven? Come on! It doesn't get more fanboy heaven than that. Also, the Valkyrie cameo was pretty cool.

I was agreeing with the drooling fanboy heaven-ness of the last page. A surprising and super cool development. thumbsup2.gif

I had no idea that this was coming out but, luckily, I grabbed the last copy at my LCS. I can't wait to read it.

One question for all....how were the USM's at your shop? My shop has to send back almost their entire order due to damamge (they had 3 copies that were "sellable", but were still bigger dogs than normal).

I had no idea that this was coming out but, luckily, I grabbed the last copy at my LCS. I can't wait to read it.

gossip.gifGo to page 27 for a Borock sighting. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

gossip.gifGo to page 27 for a Borock sighting. 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

Awesome!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Allen: "Comrade Borock!!! Th-thine comic book containment unit is magnificent!! Surely Mighty Odin himself didst shine his glorious light 'pon thee whilst creating it! Verily, not even Thor's mighty Mjolnir couldst penetrate it's nigh-impregnable construction! At last hath I found a worth vessel in which, henceforth, mine precious cargo shall be carried, protected, and proudly displayed!! Hail Mighty Odin! Hail Thee! Haill the GGC!"

Jim: "Dude! What is up w/ the frikkin' banana-hammock?!"

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I like the FF arc. Who is the girl tho?

SPoiler? maybe - this was revealed two issues ago - The girl is the Wizard and Salamandra's daughter - the way the girl's faces and bodies are drawn remind me of the later Gen 13 mangaesque style - and you read it this issue, they go into it more how the girl gets her powers... funny how the Wizard apllies such an effort to keep the Frightful Four to only 4 members foreheadslap.gif Did you catch the Paste Pot Pete reference? 27_laughing.gif and I didn't care for the Wizard's way to take out the Trapster...just saw Flash pull the same thing on Zoom/REverse-Flash a couple issues ago confused-smiley-013.gif

OK....Here's my reviews:

3 Geeks Swimsuit - Great stuff. Always funny, always entertaining. Good light-hearted fun aimed directly at us "fanboys" and collectors. Great ad for CGC in there.

USM #62 - Wow! Totally unexpected! I don't know how to react. Don't want to say anything here that may spoil it for those that haven't read it yet.

FF #515 - I liked it. I knew that Waid would eventually get this title back on track. I'm back and forth on the art, but I think it fits the mood of this book. Waid has fun with the characters, and it really feels like an old school book.

Swamp Thing #5 - So glad that I'm finally caught up with the series. It's been great so far, in that Vertigo style. This issue was a real shocker too. I was hoping that Tefe wouold play more of a role in the series. Guess that's not gonna happen. Good to have the "real" Swampie back though.

Y: The Last Man - Always save the best for "last" (pardon the pun). It's about frikkin' time!!!! Yorick finally takes advantage of his "last man" status and gets it on w/ a girl that looks like Tulip from Preacher.

USM #62 - Wow! Totally unexpected! I don't know how to react. Don't want to say anything here that may spoil it for those that haven't read it yet.

Y: The Last Man - Always save the best for "last" (pardon the pun). It's about frikkin' time!!!! Yorick finally takes advantage of his "last man" status and gets it on w/ a girl that looks like Tulip from Preacher.

Yeah, whatever you do don't spoil the ending to USM, that would suck.

However, do feel free to spoil the end of Y! 893frustrated.gif

tongue.gif

Loki 1 - Ribic has a Ross-esque style to his art and I'm surprised Rodi can write a good Asgardian dialogue and story... looking forward to the next issue. Lady Sif and Lorelei looking good in Ribic's style thumbsup2.gif

Loki 1 - Ribic has a Ross-esque style to his art and I'm surprised Rodi can write a good Asgardian dialogue and story... looking forward to the next issue. Lady Sif and Lorelei looking good in Ribic's style thumbsup2.gif

Loved this issue. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, whatever you do don't spoil the ending to USM, that would suck.

However, do feel free to spoil the end of Y! 893frustrated.gif

I had to weigh the spoilers against one another. Tell Tori I'm sorry if I spoiled it for her. Oh, and the Y thing, isn't 100% confirmed.....yet.

Loved this issue. thumbsup2.gif

I'm curious if it is in continuity with the regular Thor series, undergioing a Ragnarok storyline, and if so wouldn't Loki 1 be the biggest spoiler since the ragnarok storyline has 3 more issue to go before conclusion?

I was leaning this way until I say how the Sif's were drawn in both Thor 82 and Loki 1... spoiler warning :

She's missing an arm in one book...