• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Villain(s) for Spiderman III will be....

120 posts in this topic

You'll know when the Spider-man movies have run their course when we get into lame "super villain team-ups", like what happened with Batman.

2 hours is barely enough time for one bad guy, let along something like the Sinister Six. 893frustrated.gif

Who's talking about the Sinster Six? foreheadslap.gif I wasn't thinking about a teamup situation. Weren't the two of them at odds over who was going to be the "man" in the crime world? Would make for a more interesting movie than just Hobby wanting revenge kind of scenario. I don't see how a Lizard story is going to pack enough punch, Mysterio too weak. Scorpion? Sandman maybe. Juggernaunt story would kick arse.

Would make for a more interesting movie than just Hobby wanting revenge kind of scenario.

I beg to differ, and that scenario is just chock ful of conflict and suspense.

Of course, that was before Pete was "outted" in public, and the old "will Harry blow my secret identity" scenarios won't play out as good now that everyone knows who Spidey is.

Come to think of it, I think that "outting" was a really bad longterm call by the writers. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Its his show - - as long as its working. He lived and breathed the first film into being and received the credit by "those who know" in Hollywood. Afetr it was a smash, and XMen became a hot franchise (also thru his tireless efforts at top quality of story and effects), plus Blade, minus Hulk (not his film, Ang Lee had far more clout at the time) and Punisher (Avi but only a small budget misfire that may yet make money) and DD (same story)

Funny how Avi "worked tirelessly" on the BOX OFFICE SMASHES, yet the MONEY LOSING DOGS "weren't his movies".

Oh man, this is too rich. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Joey Joey Joey.... Hulk was Ang Lee's film from start to finish. Academy Award winning director is hired to create HIS TAKE on the Hulk after Crouching Tiger breaks every record for subtitled and art films. Avi Arad was a "producer' of the film due to clout and Marvel's ownership of the character, but Gayle Ann Hurd was the top Hollywood voice on the film, working with Ang Lee, and Ang's long-time partner producing James Schamus. It was Schamus and Good Machine (his company) that became Focus Features when Universal bought them during production of teh Hulk to keep them "in-house" and take over Gramercy and USA Films, their two indy subdistribution arms..... In tern, look at the credits on IMDB: every key tech credit has a background not only solely on art films, BUT, a consisten pattern of having worked with Ang Lee in the past.

Hulk was Ang/Schamus' film. end of story. That it failed is totally attributable to letting them make the film that THEY wanted out of respect and hopes that THEIR Hulk would be a blockbuster money-maker like Crouching Tiger AND, at the same time, a quality film. Certainly, in retrospect, a mistake.

Punisher and to a lesser degree Daredevil were made with financial restraints which arguably contributed to their lackluster reception. That and casting issues. Hey JC, no one is saying Avi is a genius (Im not) but he has shown a flair so far for making big-budget superhero hits. He's the flavor of the year (He was Showwests Man of The Year this year which of course means only what you think it means...)

villains that should NOT be in a sequel (unless completely overhauled).

1. Kraven

VZ

I love Kraven but you would indeed need an over haul to have him. I guess kids wouldn't care about how corny he would be in the type of movie they had but teenagers and adults sure would. Now if they did an over haul and made it a darker atmoshpere like the original Crow than you could make put together a nice little Kraven's Last Hunt story.

You'll know when the Spider-man movies have run their course when we get into lame "super villain team-ups", like what happened with Batman.

2 hours is barely enough time for one bad guy, let along something like the Sinister Six. 893frustrated.gif

Who's talking about the Sinster Six? foreheadslap.gif I wasn't thinking about a teamup situation. Weren't the two of them at odds over who was going to be the "man" in the crime world? Would make for a more interesting movie than just Hobby wanting revenge kind of scenario. I don't see how a Lizard story is going to pack enough punch, Mysterio too weak. Scorpion? Sandman maybe. Juggernaunt story would kick arse.

I hope it's the Lizard and Hobby but NO TEAM-UP!

Having Spidey try to find a cure for doc Conners would be a nice sub-plot while the main story focuses on Hobby and Spidey.

A nice 3-way free for all ending would rock! thumbsup2.gif

I'd like to see the Lizard kicking Goblin butt. sumo.gif

popcorn.gif

Spidey 3 is going to be fun! Cant Wait! Looking forward to it! Looks set up for a Goblin Courtesy Harry O. Would be surprised if it didnt go that way!

Davidking623

But it will be lame as hell...

Unless Spidey gets the black costume in the movie to keep it from being stale.

cloud9.gif

It would take to long to develop Venom given his history. Carnage would be easier to do for the big screen. I think Sandman would be boring and you wouldn't want his lame character following Doc Ock. It would be hard to capture the essence of Lizard without looking like a B movie creature or a raptor from JP. Now the living Vampire would be awesome since everyone is fascinated by vampires, werewolfs and the like and they could really do some scary things with him.

Yeah... those raptors in Jurassic Park sure looked stupid. foreheadslap.gif

Don't you think the whole "vampire/werewolf" angle would be just a BIT confusing for a mainstream audience? They go in expecting superheroes, they get monsters? Think about the huddled masses.

Spidey 3 is going to be fun! Cant Wait! Looking forward to it! Looks set up for a Goblin Courtesy Harry O. Would be surprised if it didnt go that way!

Davidking623

I think Sam Raimi could still surprise us.

You are probably right. It could possible get too complicated for the mainstream but it still be pretty cool. I think Sam likes Venom but as I said earlier too complicated to develop in a two hour movie.

It would take to long to develop Venom given his history. Carnage would be easier to do for the big screen. I think Sandman would be boring and you wouldn't want his lame character following Doc Ock.

It worked ok when it came to ASM 3 and then 4. insane.gif

You are probably right. It could possible get too complicated for the mainstream but it still be pretty cool. I think Sam likes Venom but as I said earlier too complicated to develop in a two hour movie.

But again, I can certainly see the next "arc" being not just a single two-hour movie, but another "trilogy"-type. This one has focused on Peter and Harry... why wouldn't the next one be more Peter-centered with the symbiote as the antagonist? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But again, I can certainly see the next "arc" being not just a single two-hour movie, but another "trilogy"-type. This one has focused on Peter and Harry... why wouldn't the next one be more Peter-centered with the symbiote as the antagonist? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifOh forget trilogy type after the third movie. They can do the old prequel trilogy staring Peter's parents and in the last one a very young Anakin Parker...I mean Peter.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifOh forget trilogy type after the third movie. They can do the old prequel trilogy staring Peter's parents and in the last one a very young Anakin Parker...I mean Peter.

27_laughing.gif Damn you, George Lucas!

You want the next film to be based on trouble??? 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Looks to me like the Hobgoblin is all set to go, which would be great if there is enough variation fron the Goblin treatment in the first movie. It would also be cool to see the Lizard make an appearance.

villains that should NOT be in a sequel (unless completely overhauled).

1. Kraven

2. Mysterio

3. Vulture

4. Carnage

5. Tarantula (maybe)

6. Scorpion

7. Rhino

8. The Enforcers

9. Black Cat

10. Chameleon.

Your thoughts?

VZ

I would like to see the Vulture, Scorpion or the Rhino in a future film. Any one of them would translate well to the big screen IMHO.

Davidking623

But it will be lame as hell...

Unless Spidey gets the black costume in the movie to keep it from being stale.

cloud9.gif

I think Doc Ock was great in 2 I really think the romance that went on was a little better a real story between the 2.I really think Spidey 3 is going to be fine with Goblin in it! Come on Dice the Movie hasnt even been watched and your calling it lame Dont be JC He is a one of a kind!

Davidking623