• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FanExpo report with random pics

72 posts in this topic

Still trying to decide if it's worth the drive all the way down there just for Sunday. hm

It is.

It was, we were able to go Saturday instead. Got some nice stuffs, too bad the ASM's were so beat, the one I got may be a 9.6 on a day the graders have been drinking.

Why do colorists always color JSC covers with red noses? There's always an annoying color change on the end of the nose that makes everyone look alcoholic or frostbitten.

I completely agree. I can't stand it.

The art kicks . The red noses ruin it, though. :cry:

I bet if you saw the original pencils the nose would be shaded somewhat, but I totally agree.

MY FAN EXPO ADVENTURE

I was not sure I was even going to go at all. As a matter of fact it wasn't until late Saturday night that I decided to go.

I got downtown and was in line by 10:30am to buy day of even tickets. Took me about an hour to get it(would have gone faster if I wasn't paying by debit)

Once get in I decide to make a circuit of main hall which due to its size took some time to walk around. While it was crowded I did not have much difficulty getting around.

After run though I went to artists alley. I met Bob Layton and spoke with him for a while.

(he is taller than I thought.) Bought an Iron Man print off him.

I also bought a print from Agnes Garbowska (SP?) for my daughter.

then the hunt started for comics.

I went through booths and booths. Visited the big vendors. Found a Green Lantern book I was looking for so I was happy.

Visited the Archie comics book and got some books for my wife.

I picked up the Archie Meets KISS hardcover and got it signed by Dan Parent.

Picked up some Tshirts for my daughter and my wife.

My Daughter now has a Green Lantern shirt to match me.

I have picture of my and her wearing matching shirts but still on my phone.

All in all it was a decent show. Thankfully entrance was decent.

The J Scott Cambell covers were all dinged up but I got One I think I can press.

Definitely will go next year.

I'll make a post later, but just because one or two people told me I wasn't Jimmy Linguini and that Jimmy Linguini was short and fat...

photo14.jpg

I think I'll do an exit/ sales thread when I'm less feet sore-ed.

Oh, oh, oh, I like that shirt.

I'll make a post later, but just because one or two people told me I wasn't Jimmy Linguini and that Jimmy Linguini was short and fat...

photo14.jpg

I think I'll do an exit/ sales thread when I'm less feet sore-ed.

Oh, oh, oh, I like that shirt.

so do I..

She deserves Two Stars

so do I..

She deserves Two Stars

No. She deserves to break up with her boyfriend and date a real man. Jimmy Linguini.

Where's your post about the con?

:baiting:

I feel very sick today. So I am going to do a selling thread with an update on the status of Jimmy Linguini later today. If not, I'll just post some cool 2pac songs so I can fill my hood-thang quota. For example, his "never call you a person_without_enough_empathy again song" is so good.