• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This a good buy?

10 posts in this topic

So, first off I really only collect and read moderns so forgive my ignorance on anything here.

Was at my LCS looking through their new back issues long box to see if they had any WD, Revival and other modern variants and came across a secret wars #8.

Now since I'm still fairly new to the hobby in general, I'm still iffy on being able to grade comics. The copy they had looked to have cream interior pages, but the color on the front really popped and didn't appear to be any creases or spine ticks on it (though I admit I didn't give it the longest of look overs).

If I had to guess, I would say it might grade in the 6.0-7.5 range. Anyway, they had it priced for 25 bucks. Was wondering if that's a good buy or not. I don't collect spider man comics but for that amount would there be any money to flipping it or should I just stay away?

A $25 price on a raw 6.0-7.5 SW #8 is a pretty good indication that the LCS should be completely avoided for ALL back issues above $1.

New books at cover price are probably the same everywhere.

That copy was 9.8 raw when it was priced up and bagged and boarded back in 1993. The last 19 years of sitting unsold and getting bent and beat up have simply not treated it well.

A $25 price on a raw 6.0-7.5 SW #8 is a pretty good indication that the LCS should be completely avoided for ALL back issues above $1.

New books at cover price are probably the same everywhere.

That copy was 9.8 raw when it was priced up and bagged and boarded back in 1993. The last 19 years of sitting unsold and getting bent and beat up have simply not treated it well.

lol