• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

British E.C. Comics-How Rare Are They?

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone-this is my first time posting here, so forgive me if I make any noob mistakes. I have a question for ya'll: There were supposedly 4 E.C. comics printed in England during the 1950's: Tales From the Crypt #1 and #2, Haunt of Fear #1, and Vault of Horror #1. A look at the CGC census should give a snapshot of just how rare they are….and I've heard that there are ZERO known copies of the Vault issue. Is that correct? Who out there have these rare beauties? I have the remaining 3, and I would thin that they are at least as rare as the Canadian Weird Suspenstories 1-3, but the Canadian issues get more press. Any feedback would be awesome!

Nice!

Welcome to the boards.

While on the subject of foreign editions, I'm curious about Australian ECs. I know there was a series of Two Fisted Tales that ran to at least #9 (even though the content wasn't entirely EC), but I can't find evidence for any others.

First up, to the Original Poster (OP) Welcome To The Boards (WTTB) :hi:

Those books look great and I'd like to know whether they are a Black and White or colour interior and whether there has been any censorship of the stories.

I ask this because (and this is to you AJD) I have an Australian reprint that has EC stories that were heavily censored.

Here's the cover:

Campaign738x1042.jpg

BTW, this has B&W interiors.

I also own the three aforementioned UK EC Books. I believe the Vault of Horror was never published and only appreared in an In-house-ad.

See Martin Barker Haunt of Fears by Martin Press for more info on these elusive tomes