• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does a crease effect the grade?

28 posts in this topic

dog ear on bottom right corner.. No way, It can get above a 7.0 with that type of flaw, I hope marvel stamp is intact.. Its a 181.. nice to keep in anyones collection..

That color breaking crease brings it down. Along with sever flaws along the spine..

I'm sorry but I'm new, but what's the difference between blue and green labels? i saw a post on green labels but it didn't exactly explain the differences.

I'm pretty new to green labels, but it seems a comics with a page missing or some severe flaw that would otherwise keep the book from scoring high is given a qualified label where they grade it as high as they normally would have, but with an ugly green label :-)

So not worth getting it graded huh? Thanks for the info everyone

That issue does well in any grade....it's still a nice book. I'd get it graded...

+1 I wouldn't hate having a graded 7.0 IH 181.

I'm sorry but I'm new, but what's the difference between blue and green labels? i saw a post on green labels but it didn't exactly explain the differences.

I'm pretty new to green labels, but it seems a comics with a page missing or some severe flaw that would otherwise keep the book from scoring high is given a qualified label where they grade it as high as they normally would have, but with an ugly green label :-)

Link

We also have the green label, which represents the CGC Qualified Grade. The information to the left and right of the registration number remains the same as the universal grade and/or Signature Series. This category is used when further information is needed to provide an accurate description of the book. For example, it often serves to denote books that have some defect worthy of note or those that were signed without a CGC representative present. Because of factors like these, the word “apparent” is added to the numerical grade.

I don't think this crease falls into the "This category is used when further information is needed to provide an accurate description of the book" category. Perhaps if it were inner pages that were creased, but this is right in plain sight.

A pretty major crease on the book tbh. So yeah, you shouldn't really hope to be getting more than a 7.0

Though as others have said, still worth getting it slabbed, especially if you intend keeping it for a long time.

Books with unwitnessed signatures also receive green labels.