• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Animated Movies DC/Marvel

8 posts in this topic

i have just watched Hulk v Wolverine and enjoyed it, wondering what other decent ones there are as i have aload i can watch online for free but cant be bothered with the rubbish ones, so tell me what ones are a must and what is definate to avoid

I just watched "Batman: under the red hood" following advice from Bens thread a couple of month ago and it was excellent.

I have a few more from those recommended but have yet to watch them yet.

Gotham Knights is a cool Animatrix esq set of (six i think) animated shorts that link Batman Begins and Dark Knight

Year One was a really loyal adaption and worth a watch

JLA Doom based on Tower of Babel is an awesome story that was brilliantly changed to keep the same story but with different characters (mainly villains)

The Return Of Black Adam 22 minute short is pretty cool, not too much story but a decent film

in all honesty i haven't seen a really poor one, i didn't think the Death of Superman one (Doomsday was it called?) was brilliant but still worth a watch, Crisis on 2 Earths was good, Public Enemies is okay but the ending wasn't strong

It's weird. I'm mainly a Marvel comic fan but I prefer the DC animated universe. I haven't watched many of the Marvel movies but the ones I have watched/bought (Ultimate Avengers, Planet Hulk) were not nearly as good as the DC movies.

Anything with Bruce Timm involved is usually good. The two early Batman movies, Subzero and Mask of the Phantasm, were excellent. But my favorite Batman movie, animated or live action, is Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. And it is not necessarily for small children.

And if you want to create an excellent Superman feature that is as good as any live action movie, except for perhaps Superman II, just download or pick up the Superman The Animated Series DVDs and watch the Darkseid episodes. Make if a full feature by also watching the four Darkseid episodes of Justice League and JL Unlimited. It's way better than Superman Returns. The JLU finale cuts loose much like The Avengers movie. The only dud is the Brainiac movie. No Bruce Timm so it sucks!