• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

complete'ish comic list

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I do computer programming, and my local comic store was asking me if I could put together a database application for him to start logging and tracking his inventory.

In an effort to not have to input every single title/issue ever made I was wondering if any of you fine folks have a text file, spread sheet, or database of either a list of every (as many) titles ever produced. If it also includes the issue count as well that would be fantastic.

Thanks if you can help me out I appreciate it.

In my opinion he's asking you to do a lot of work just so he could save 40 bucks. .I would just refer him to one of the programs already available on the market, like comicbase or collectorz.com.

I currently have comicbase myself, but I'm not too happy with the layout.

Good luck!

can you integrate those programs into a website? I'm ultimately setting this up so he can do an inventory on his store then I'll put that inventory on his website with a shopping cart. I didn't see anything out there that would work for what I wanted to do so that's why I was just going to build a database for him to log his inventory into.

but it would be way to much of a pain for him (or anyone) to manually type every title/issue. I'm going to set it up to run on a tablet as a web app with drop down lists so he can quickly select a title and issue and input the condition and quantity, and with it running on a web app through an ipad or andriod he can walk around the store with it and do the data entry easily.

I think you can integrate one of those programs with excel, then you can integrate the shopping cart program with excel sheets. the shopping cart program that comes to mind is productcart. you can import xls, csv ans I think another format, or you can change the code yourself to integrate another program.

I don't know about comicbase but the windows version of collectorz used to at least let you export the database to an XML file. From there you can do what ever you need in the way of setting up a web site. The have an iOS and Android app and are about to release a new iOS app that will do two way syncing along with barcode scanning.

The only thing about using these sort of applications is that I'm not sure how you would tie it into a POS.