• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

any other floridians

39 posts in this topic

So this storm is a good news for me as I do Catastrophe work. This means I can work for three months this year and buy and sell comics for the rest of the year!

I live in West Palm Beach but currently in Jacksonville on my way to Alabama to help out with the damages from when it hits as a hurricane.

I'm in West Palm. Wind is roaring pretty badly now, lots of rain. Nothing like what we've had in the past, just a long time since we've had one.

was just checking out the most recent advisory and radars, ya that side of the coast has a nasty cell running through it right now. take care and be safe.

Well, it looks like the storm will passing right on top of me early Wed morning. Spent all day yesterday moving short boxes to inner closets and covering them with plastic sheeting.

Still don't know if work is going to force me to evacuate to Atlanta or not, but hopefully the storm doesn't ramp up into a monster storm. Say a quick prayer for us in Louisiana, the anxiety levels will be high for the next several days.

I'm in Weston and we got a lot of rain and some hefty gusts of wind but thankfully nothing like Wilma was 7 years ago.

I hope New Orleans is okay.

We rented a time share in Weston 3 years ago. I really liked that area.

I grew up in Weston. We moved there in 1985, when Arvida was owned by Disney. The police department used to be the Weston Restaurant, sales center and The County Store. Disney had the same trams it uses at its parks to take people from the sales center to the empty areas where the houses were being built. The city has come a long way.

Which development are you in Mark 1? My mom still lives in the house I grew up in, in the Patio Homes next to Country Isles Elementary.

Josh

Good luck to all of those who may be affected by this storm … :wishluck:

+1 :wishluck:

+2

Stay safe

+3

This storm reminds me of katrina. Was supposed to hit South Florida but passed by here weakly before turning into a monster storm in the Gulf. Considering this storm is now on a collision course with NO, hopefully it doesnt gain much steam in the Gulf :wishluck:

As far as South Florida goes, wimpiest Hurricane EVER! meh

Good luck to all of those who may be affected by this storm … :wishluck:

+1 :wishluck:

+2

Stay safe

+3

This storm reminds me of katrina. Was supposed to hit South Florida but passed by here weakly before turning into a monster storm in the Gulf. Considering this storm is now on a collision course with NO, hopefully it doesnt gain much steam in the Gulf :wishluck:

As far as South Florida goes, wimpiest Hurricane EVER! meh

Katrina was absolutely the first thing that came to mind for me too. It was a pretty big glob early yesterday; looks to be relatively well formed (all things considered) today and it's heading into the gulf. Definitely keeping that region in my thoughts.

By about this point or pretty close, Katrina was a MONSTER storm. I remember looking at the maps and just being shocked how huge and perfectly formed it was when it was like a day away from landfall. This doesnt look to be anything close to what that was but still, NO certainly doesnt need any more Hurricanes :o

No one commented about my question in my OP regarding CGC. They're in Sarasota right? What do they do when a big storm threatens? Is it feasible to pack up everyones books and move them? I can't imagine they leave them at their facility there do they, they must a ton of expensive books there.

The facility is llike Fort Knox. If I could I would use it as a shelter I would.

+1

The old location I would have been worried if a hurricane was on its way. But if I was a grader and a huge huricane was heading my way I'd volunteer to work overtime for free just to be safe inside that building.

I'm in Weston and we got a lot of rain and some hefty gusts of wind but thankfully nothing like Wilma was 7 years ago.

I am in Miramar. This storm was over hyped by the news.

I agree but better to be safe than sorry.

Been that way for the last 15 years.

Viewers are more likely to stay tuned for more of your forecast, if there is an element of risk or potential "disaster" on its way.

Can you imagine a meteorologist who says "eh, no worries. This thing would have to take a major unforeseen turn to hit us. Sure we might get some rain, but it won't be as bad as the torrential cloudbursts we get in the summer. It just might take 30 or 45 minutes to clear up, instead of 5 minutes.

If you live in low lying areas, prone to flooding you should already know it. That is what prone means, dipstick. Either move, or deal with it"