• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Total Recall was awful.

73 posts in this topic

I was actually interested in seeing this. I'm dissapointed to hear it isn't good. What has happened to Colin Farrell? I thought he showed such promise but he has done some awful movies lately I feel like...Maybe I'm missing some...

You could film her watching TV for two hours and I'd never take my eyes off her. :luhv:

Kate_Beckinsale_12.jpg

That is a wow picture: beautiful woman.

I just looked at his IMDb page out of curiosity. Not counting the movie Jive said that i've never heard of, im struggling MIGHTILY to find a single even decent movie that Colin farrell has appeared in. Why is this guy a movie star?!? (shrug)

This might be wishful thinking, but wasn't he good in Alexander? I don't remember it being a good movie, but I feel like he might have done a decent job. And wasn't the Recruit half way decent? Its been a long time since I saw either so I might be mistaken.

Correct, you are mistaken about both movies (thumbs u

lol

I was actually interested in seeing this. I'm dissapointed to hear it isn't good. What has happened to Colin Farrell? I thought he showed such promise but he has done some awful movies lately I feel like...Maybe I'm missing some...

You could film her watching TV for two hours and I'd never take my eyes off her. :luhv:

Kate_Beckinsale_12.jpg

I just looked at his IMDb page out of curiosity. Not counting the movie Jive said that i've never heard of, im struggling MIGHTILY to find a single even decent movie that Colin farrell has appeared in. Why is this guy a movie star?!? (shrug)

This might be wishful thinking, but wasn't he good in Alexander? I don't remember it being a good movie, but I feel like he might have done a decent job. And wasn't the Recruit half way decent? Its been a long time since I saw either so I might be mistaken.

lol

But was Farrell alright in them? I remember Phone Booth being one of the worst movies I'd ever seen. SWAT wasn't that good either. I had a friend who was an extra in it and I think that was the only reason I made it through the film.

Kate_Beckinsale_12.jpg

lol

But was Farrell alright in them? I remember Phone Booth being one of the worst movies I'd ever seen. SWAT wasn't that good either. I had a friend who was an extra in it and I think that was the only reason I made it through the film.

I was really angry after trying to watch Alexander, made it like 1/2 way through and was just angry. What a terrible movie.

Kate_Beckinsale_12.jpg

lol

I was really angry after trying to watch Alexander, made it like 1/2 way through and was just angry. What a terrible movie.

Man, I wish I could remember the movie. If memory serves me correctly it wasn't remotely accurate correct?

Kate_Beckinsale_12.jpg

lol

Man, I wish I could remember the movie. If memory serves me correctly it wasn't remotely accurate correct?

Don't really remember much about the movie but I'd probably guess no. Try and watch it again and see how long you can last.

Kate_Beckinsale_12.jpg

lol

Don't really remember much about the movie but I'd probably guess no. Try and watch it again and see how long you can last.

Thanks, but I'm good.

What I wouldn't mind is finding a movie with Kate Beckinsale in it now though! I don't think the wife would go for Underworld.

You can't beat Arnie's version..

+1,000,000

Say what you will about Arnold - but you just can't replicate what he did on-screen in the 80s. Conan and Total Recall were mistakes, and I'm sure they've got a couple more Arnie remakes in the tube.

I have always tried to give Colin Farrell a fair shake in his films I've seen - but he's just not very good at acting.

I would have loved to have seen a Predator "prequel" with that cast around 1990. No alien but a war/mercenary type story. The Predator cast is better than The the Expendables groupings. Ahnold, Ventura, Landham! Ventura looked like a goof in Running Man but he was awesome in Predator. Apollo Creed as well except he would have been more difficult to make fit with the others due to the original storyline where he worked with Dutch before but not the others.

Kate_Beckinsale_12.jpg

lol

Thanks, but I'm good.

What I wouldn't mind is finding a movie with Kate Beckinsale in it now though! I don't think the wife would go for Underworld.

Thank you everyone for quote nesting Kate so she can be seen over and over. :luhv::cloud9:

I can't get there.

Are you going to rank Bullseye ahead of--

Dr. Doom

Magneto

Green Goblin

Thanos

Mandarin

Heck, I think there are five othger Spidey villians that would rank ahead of Bullseye.

Bullseye is a top 5 Marvel villain. Otherwise, spot on.

i wouldnt rank him ahead or your top 3 but i would argue the last two... id probably put in loki and then bullseye. all a matter of opinion though

Kate_Beckinsale_12.jpg

lol

Agree. One of the worst movies ever. If I remember correctly, the only 2 seconds worth watching were Rosario letting the puppies breathe.

I thought Tigerland, and Hart's War were really good movies that he was good in.

Minority Report was decent. In Bruges I thought was excellent.

But yeah, Total Recall was . The trailer was exciting.

Other than that, the only scene I really liked was his chase through the futuristic slums.

I can't get there.

Are you going to rank Bullseye ahead of--

Dr. Doom

Magneto

Green Goblin

Thanos

Mandarin

Heck, I think there are five othger Spidey villians that would rank ahead of Bullseye.

Bullseye is a top 5 Marvel villain. Otherwise, spot on.

i wouldnt rank him ahead or your top 3 but i would argue the last two... id probably put in loki and then bullseye. all a matter of opinion though

I think you're bang on.

Doom, Magneto, Green Goblin, Bullseye and then a toss up between Loki/Thanos (perhaps very minimal edge to Loki).

I think those 5/6 villains are definitely the premier Marvel villains.

Back on topic...... Kate Beckinsale :cloud9:

I thought Colin Farrell was great in Horrible Bosses.

Yeah, he was pretty funny. lol

That was a great movie - laughed a lot. I had no idea the actress was who she was until the second time I saw it :lol:

wonder why hollywood cant even duplicate success when they do a remake?

I really like arnold's Total recall.

I didnt go to the new Total recall after seeing the commercials for it.

Previews seemed alot like the remake to Clash of the Titans to me.

wonder why hollywood cant even duplicate success when they do a remake?

I really like arnold's Total recall.

I didnt go to the new Total recall after seeing the commercials for it.

Previews seemed alot like the remake to Clash of the Titans to me.

Or the remake to Conan, or the remake to King Kong, or the remake to the Thing :facepalm:

I cant think of anything new so lets make a crappier version of a previous movie! :idea:

Great job Hollywood! meh