• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Total Recall was awful.

73 posts in this topic

Just to clarify - we are talking about the new version :insane:

Yeah. The original and twelve monkeys shaped my formative years. The remake made my eyes bleed and my heart weep.

In which case, it will have to be one of the remakes that I will NEVER watch.

Just to clarify - we are talking about the new version :insane:

Yeah. The original and twelve monkeys shaped my formative years. The remake made my eyes bleed and my heart weep.

In which case, it will have to be one of the remakes that I will NEVER watch.

+1

I will try not to exaggerate this time. It was very boring, one mindless chase scene after another, the cgi was ovesaturated with light and looked unnatural, more like a cut scene from a cheap video game than a block buster. All the characters were underdeveloped. At one point I wished that Kate Beckinsale's character would be killed so I didn't have to endure another insipid chase.

was there any "see you at the party richter" or "DANNY! SCREW YOU!!!" or my favorite, "consider this a divorce" type moments?

"Hahahaha....you think this is the real Quaid? It is!"

The original is a classic. Full of Arnold one-liners. Great fun! :applause:

Colin Farrell instead of Arnold?!?

That dude is box office poison! every single movie he's in is more horrible than the last. it's amazing anyone will hire him for even a bit part much less as a leading man!

That dude is box office poison! every single movie he's in is more horrible than the last. it's amazing anyone will hire him for even a bit part much less as a leading man!

Bullseye is one of the top 20 Marvel villains, and Farrell managed to make him seem so uncool and stupid. Rubbing the bullseye scar/tattoo? Really? They should have had Gordon Jump do it and just painted a bullseye on his Maytag repairman uniform and it would have been better.

Bullseye is one of the top 20 Marvel villains, and Farrell managed to make him seem so uncool and stupid. Rubbing the bullseye scar/tattoo? Really? They should have had Gordon Jump do it and just painted a bullseye on his Maytag repairman uniform and it would have been better.

lol

Like 6 years ago my wife tried to make me watch that horrific movie with him in the damn phone booth the whole movie. After like 15 minutes, i was PRAYING a sniper would put a bullet thru my head and put me out of my misery! If you ever meet someone that liked that turd of a movie, hit them in the head with a shovel and try to reset their brain! (thumbs u

Total Recall was a Total Letdown. Like Buffyfan I mentioned in another thread, it was just a bunch of scenes from Star Wars, 5th Element, and every other sci-fi movie out there. Nothing new.

This is where we have to disagree. Bullseye is a top 5 Marvel villain. Otherwise, spot on.

Farrell's best role of the last five years was that of a reluctant hitman in the movie In Bruges. Certainly worth a watch if your tastes include (very) dark comedies.

You can't beat Arnie's version..

+1,000,000

Say what you will about Arnold - but you just can't replicate what he did on-screen in the 80s. Conan and Total Recall were mistakes, and I'm sure they've got a couple more Arnie remakes in the tube.

I have always tried to give Colin Farrell a fair shake in his films I've seen - but he's just not very good at acting.

Farrell's best role of the last five years was that of a reluctant hitman in the movie In Bruges. Certainly worth a watch if your tastes include (very) dark comedies.

That movie was brilliant.

Certainly laugh out loud in many spots.