• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 CGC 7.0 o/w No Marvel chipping

84 posts in this topic

for clarification, Brian was answering questions to all PMs, not me specifically since I have no interest in the book. God forbid people associate me with offensive low balling PMs, I have enough haters :foryou:

for clarification, Brian was answering questions to all PMs, not me specifically since I have no interest in the book. God forbid people associate me with offensive low balling PMs, I have enough haters :foryou:

I was wondering, cause this didn't sound like you in the least.

I am not desperate for cash so offers of $40k with your justification for why I should say yes are not going to get a deal done.

:roflmao:

Nice book Brian, why do I get the feeling this book presents better in person then the scans show?

I am not desperate for cash so offers of $40k with your justification for why I should say yes are not going to get a deal done.

:signfunny:

If someone would float me a loan I'll buy it from you for 39K then flip it to the 40K buyer.

I could use a grand about now... :D

"Last sale on comic connect was $53,000 and I believe my copy has superior eye appeal."

This has probably been asked before but, why doesn't GPA show Comic Connect prices on CGC comics? Are they not able to verify the sale? That $53,000 sale is a pretty important sale and really should be shown on GPA

"Last sale on comic connect was $53,000 and I believe my copy has superior eye appeal."

This has probably been asked before but, why doesn't GPA show Comic Connect prices on CGC comics? Are they not able to verify the sale? That $53,000 sale is a pretty important sale and really should be shown on GPA

Good question. I'm not sure if it's too recent or CC, unlike Metropolis, won't share their data with GPA for some reason.

Lots of PMs and email inquiries with questions:

Will I move the book? Sure. Am I okay with not selling it? Yes. I am not desperate for cash so offers of $40k with your justification for why I should say yes are not going to get a deal done.

People trying to "convince" a seller on why a lowball offer is good is always a classic lol.

K.

Good question. I'm not sure if it's too recent or CC, unlike Metropolis, won't share their data with GPA for some reason.

I think it would help with your sale if that $53,000 sale was listed on GPA. I personally would not have known unless you told me. Your copy is gorgeous btw.

Great, so it's official another great white shark in the Golden Age pool. With Rick, George and you I wonder if there will be any good books left for the rest of us :baiting:

Sure. Believe it or not there are a lot of great GA books for us reg'lar folks.

I think it would help with your sale if that $53,000 sale was listed on GPA. I personally would not have known unless you told me. Your copy is gorgeous btw.

It always helps a seller to follow all forms of sales to help price a book...

For example: I was thinking of flipping an IF 14 9.8 for around GPA

but I may think twice after the comic link auction bumping this book back

to around 1,600 with a day left.

I remember the golden days for this book obtaining over 2k just a few years ago

and now it seems to be on the rebound.

Great, so it's official another great white shark in the Golden Age pool. With Rick, George and you I wonder if there will be any good books left for the rest of us :baiting:

Sure. Believe it or not there are a lot of great GA books for us reg'lar folks.

Please put me in the regular folks camp. And I'm still buying silver -- I'm not quite at the Rick and George pitch.

If that's the case, that's new. Every book I've ever bought in a CC auction is sitting on gpa. Usually they add it within a day or two and I'm pretty sure that I saw it on there like a week or two ago. I could be crazy but I'm 99% sure I did see the 53k sale on gpa before. Is it possible the sale didn't go thru and CC contacted gpa to have it removed?

Regardless, that's a hell of a nice 7.0! (worship)

If that's the case, that's new. Every book I've ever bought in a CC auction is sitting on gpa. Usually they add it within a day or two and I'm pretty sure that I saw it on there like a week or two ago. I could be crazy but I'm 99% sure I did see the 53k sale on gpa before. Is it possible the sale didn't go thru and CC contacted gpa to have it removed?

Regardless, that's a hell of a nice 7.0! (worship)

That's a possibility -- I think I'll email Vinny now.

Lots of PMs and email inquiries with questions:

Will I move the book? Sure. Am I okay with not selling it? Yes. I am not desperate for cash so offers of $40k with your justification for why I should say yes are not going to get a deal done.

People trying to "convince" a seller on why a lowball offer is good is always a classic lol.

K.

People actually do that? :o

I stay out of the Golden Age pool. Smells like bengay. I prefer the 25 to 35 year old pool.