• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joss Whedon to produce SHIELD TV series

35 posts in this topic

I would think they would include the RAFT or the VAULT prison concept. Also a long-running enemy organization: AIM, HYDRA, etc.

Maybe establish the viewpoint through a new SHIELD recruit. Jessica Drew?

(With Whedon on board... I'm thinking female SHIELD agent.)

Young Maria Hill? Like as a new recruit.

Reasons:

1. Can tie loosely to the movies.

2. Joss Whedon does seem to have an affinity for young female protagonists with room to grow and discover themselves then become superstars.

3. We can learn about SHIELD and the 'universe' as Maria Hill does.

4. While Cobie Smolders is attractive, it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who looks like her, but is 10-15 years younger.

Other option would be a young shield agent who also has some secret powers, but is learning slowly how to use them while also learning to be an agent, and maybe has a secret mentor who also has some albeit mild powers. See: Daisy Johnson aka quake, or maybe Jessica Drew

If they follow the Marvel film model thus far, this will be used to build on what has already been put in place, not to go back into history.

Given the scale of the Marvel mythos, it could be a neat way of filling in huge gaps before the next movie(s) hits the screen, stuff that would just otherwise cement up the works when trying to shoe-horn it into 150 minutes.

If they follow the Marvel film model thus far, this will be used to build on what has already been put in pace, not to go back into history.

Given the scale of the Marvel mythos, it could be a neat way of filling in huge gaps before the next movie(s) hits the screen, stuff that would just otherwise cement up the works when trying to shoe-horn it into 150 minutes.

Don't know why, but after looking at your post, I've got this image of a younger Agent Hill. hm

If they follow the Marvel film model thus far, this will be used to build on what has already been put in place, not to go back into history.

It would be great if they used it in that way :headbang:

I was never a S.H.I.E.L.D fan but if Whedon is doing this as a TV series I am really looking forward to it. He has a real sense of humor and characters.

Buffy is still a favorite show. FIREFLY??? I am still amazed this was dropped after one season. I consider FIREFLY to be one of the absolute best things ever done for TV.

So hopefully Whedon will pull out his magic and make even old Pov a S.H.I.E.L.D fan.