• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much does your LCS charge for boxes?

34 posts in this topic

I went out this week to buy a dozen boxes and,since I had a falling out with my LCS over those cut coupon books,tried a few new places. First shop wanted $4.50 plus tax for short boxes,second wanted $3.78 which became $4.00 with tax but only had two. Third shop wanted $6.00 for long boxes,didn't stock short ones. Last place wanted $2.50 and I bought a dozen. What does your LCS sell them for?

$4.00 for a short box

$6.00 for a long box

I'l tell you what. Short boxes take up way less room,are much easier to move around and seem to stack better.I've always used long boxes but am quickly becoming a convert. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, but they short boxes are harder to store for me. I do have 2 magazine sized short boxes for my HG books, because the mylars don't fit regular comic boxes.

The take up less room, yes, but, er, they hold fewer comics so you'd need more of em. All really depends on the space you intend to place the comics in. My space is limited, so what wall space I do use for my giant bookshelves of comics I have to use to the max. Means long boxes. Just switched out entirely from my shorts.

Shelves

2 more of those elsewhere, 1 goes 5 wide instead of 4. Pay no mind to the neatly drawn on boxes on the bottom. Those would be my first 2, from when I was 10 (18 years ago) and got loose with a red marker. Those too will be replaced when I start switching over to the plastic boxes. Few projects in line before that one though. =)

You can see, given the space, long boxes work best. =)

It all comes down to your space requirements. I've had about seven long boxes in my room the last several months.I find it much easier to stack the ten short boxes I converted them to. They look nicer and take up less floor space.I'll stay ith long boxes in my warehouses and when doing shows,flea markets ect,but am quite happy with how the short boxes worked in my room.Sinvce they take less books,its easier to work with hem. For example with space for 300 books in a box,I had Batman,JLA,Adventure and a bunch all in a box. Now one side of a box is Batman titles,the other side is JLA.

I've just recently converted to all short boxes. The simple reason comes down to the shelving units. I got tired of wanting to pull something from the bottom box of stacked longs so I got shelves that fit the shorts perfectly. Since this is in the closet of my office I didn't exactly have room for shelves that could hold long boxes. It's much nicer now to be able to pull any box I want with ease thumbsup2.gif

I've just recently converted to all short boxes. The simple reason comes down to the shelving units. I got tired of wanting to pull something from the bottom box of stacked longs so I got shelves that fit the shorts perfectly. Since this is in the closet of my office I didn't exactly have room for shelves that could hold long boxes. It's much nicer now to be able to pull any box I want with ease thumbsup2.gif

perhaps you should lift weights to build some muscle. flowerred.gif

I would, but I'm too afraid of looking like Hammer 893whatthe.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

I'm probably stronger than both of you guys put together and I just converted all of my long boxes to shorts. Wanna make something of it?

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

I needed 50 short boxes and there was no way in hell I was going to buy them from my LCS. I got them from Heroes Aren't Hard to Find. 50 shorts plus shipping was $128.05.

I'm probably stronger than both of you guys put together and I just converted all of my long boxes to shorts. Wanna make something of it?

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

Hammer developed most of his muscles by pulling apart CGC slabs with his bare hands.... and using his Paper Cutter... not by lifting weights. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I am still trying to figure out how short boxes take up less space as according to several people on this thread? Are you saying that 5 short boxes take up less space than 5 long boxes or are you saying that 5 long boxes worth of comics takes up less space in placed into short boxes. If it is the former, then duh...if it is the later please explain...

I buy acid free boxes for about $5 each not from my LCS.
Where do you get these? I've been looking into getting some.

Are they nicer in any way than the normal boxes...aside from being acid free?