• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else playing Guild Wars 2?

72 posts in this topic

I bought it on Monday night. I doubt I'll ever play Diablo again.

It reminds me a lot of WoW but only because I keep saying WOW while I'm playing it.

I'm just getting started but so far it puts every other MMORPG I've played to shame. It's impact will be felt for a long time.

If you're a MMORPG fan, try it. You'll be blown away. (worship)

I bought it on Monday night. I doubt I'll ever play Diablo again.

It reminds me a lot of WoW but only because I keep saying WOW while I'm playing it.

I'm just getting started but so far it puts every other MMORPG I've played to shame. It's impact will be felt for a long time.

If you're a MMORPG fan, try it. You'll be blown away. (worship)

Planning on checking it out when I find time. Started on GW's 1 before WOW. Didn't ever want to move over to WOW cause I loved the graphics of and gameplay of GW 1, but it lacked content. Hopefully this time around there's a lot more to do (thumbs u

I am, we got a small crew over on Stormbluff Isle, we're all in our late 20's/early 30's.

The scenery is simply amazing; I'm playing an elementalist and am having a blast. Combat mechanics are great and having skills tied to weapons is brilliant. I love the Skyrim type exploration.

GW2 is setting a new bar for any new MMO that will come out after it. It is in my opinion putting every other MMO to shame, including the kungfu panda one, which by the way has had 7 years of post launch development.

I will be playing this game for a long time.

i need to stay far far from this game, it took me years to get completely off of WoW, and I dont need another time synch like this... I did try SW:ToR but it felt 'bleh' (I still miss SWG), there just hasnt been anything to compete with what WoW provided....

hmmm.... maybe just a month to try it? lol

i need to stay far far from this game, it took me years to get completely off of WoW, and I dont need another time synch like this... I did try SW:ToR but it felt 'bleh' (I still miss SWG), there just hasnt been anything to compete with what WoW provided....

hmmm.... maybe just a month to try it? lol

the way I sell it to myself is that there's no gear grind so I can put it down and pick it up whenever without a catchup penalty. It's also F2P after you buy it! That being said, I don't think I'll be putting it down anytime soon.

I am, we got a small crew over on Stormbluff Isle, we're all in our late 20's/early 30's.

The scenery is simply amazing; I'm playing an elementalist and am having a blast. Combat mechanics are great and having skills tied to weapons is brilliant. I love the Skyrim type exploration.

GW2 is setting a new bar for any new MMO that will come out after it. It is in my opinion putting every other MMO to shame, including the kungfu panda one, which by the way has had 7 years of post launch development.

Yeah, it's in a class all it's own. I see myself playing this game for years to come.

If you liked WoW, this game will blow you away.

Im playing on BlackGate and also playing Swtor not sure if you are playing that... Gave up wow not to long ago after playing on and off for almost 7 years lol

add me its tag is Haunt.9712

I'm still into WoW. I tried Star Wars: The Old Republic and still have an active account, but I don't play it, it was too much like WoW just set in a different universe. Diablo 3 only kept me entertained for a week or two...I love player versus player action, I can't take too much player versus environment. I played Guild Wars 1 and loved the graphics, but as someone mentioned, the content was thin and there wasn't much to keep you going. The people who conceived of and created Guild Wars used to work for Blizzard on WoW, but before WoW was ever released, they quit Blizzard and started their own company because they wanted to make the graphical engine in WoW grander than Blizzard ended up allowing them to do.

I haven't looked at GW2's features. Is player versus player an integral part of it? The Metacritic ratings on it look decent with only a few in so far, it's at 94% on the strength of four reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

WoW is still the game to beat. It has aged, but it's still on top. No other MMORPG has beaten its depth of gameplay yet.

Yeah, it's in a class all it's own. I see myself playing this game for years to come.

If you liked WoW, this game will blow you away.

Is it free to play? :)

I haven't looked at GW2's features. Is player versus player an integral part of it? .

Absolutely, you can level 1-80 by doing strictly PvP (or crafting or PvE).

WvW - 3 servers competing over two weeks. Hundreds or thousands of players fighting on the same enormous map at the same time. Last I heard the cap was 2,000 people at once. Think epic battles. You are up-leveled to 80 on this map, but only have your currently skills/armor.

sPvP (hot join) - this is your 10v10 EoTS/Arathi Basin type games, but way cooler. Underwater combat, trebechuets, etc... there are quite a few different maps. You are up-leveled to 80, with the best gear, and all your traits unlocked.

Free Tournaments - these are your join as group games, where you can join with up to 5 of your friends and be paired against another group. These are unranked battles, single elimination. You are up-leveled to 80, with the best gear, and all your traits unlocked.

Regular Tournaments - same as above but you're competing for points in single elimination. You are up-leveled to 80, with the best gear, and all your traits unlocked.

I'm still into WoW. I tried Star Wars: The Old Republic and still have an active account, but I don't play it, it was too much like WoW just set in a different universe. Diablo 3 only kept me entertained for a week or two...I love player versus player action, I can't take too much player versus environment. I played Guild Wars 1 and loved the graphics, but as someone mentioned, the content was thin and there wasn't much to keep you going. The people who conceived of and created Guild Wars used to work for Blizzard on WoW, but before WoW was ever released, they quit Blizzard and started their own company because they wanted to make the graphical engine in WoW grander than Blizzard ended up allowing them to do.

I haven't looked at GW2's features. Is player versus player an integral part of it? The Metacritic ratings on it look decent with only a few in so far, it's at 94% on the strength of four reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

WoW is still the game to beat. It has aged, but it's still on top. No other MMORPG has beaten its depth of gameplay yet.

They're still rolling out features. PvP is coming soon. They seem to be a lot more diligent at fixing things than the Diablo3 developers are.

PvP in Guild Wars blew away WoW. PvP was actually the main thing that Guild Wars got right. The rest of the content was too weak.

Give GW2 a try. You'll have more than enough things to do and learn while you're waiting on the PvP.

If you like WoW, you'll love this game.

Absolutely, you can level 1-80 by doing strictly PvP (or crafting or PvE).

They're still rolling out features. PvP is coming soon.

Ramrodcar sounds like he's saying PvP is in it right now. hm Leveling up mostly through PvP with a little bit of PvE when I get bored would be fantastic. :headbang:

I still long for the freedom to switch seamlessly between PvP and PvE like I did in Ultima Online...a world where you're free to attack other players almost anywhere, anytime, anyhow is just fantastic. It was so much fun just standing around the bank in Ultima Online--there were pickpockets all over the place trying to steal from players, and if you were so inclined, you could play the role of a hero and try to bring some justice to them by whacking them or beating them at their own game. I loved hunting down player killers SO much in that game and long for it. :sorry: I don't expect Guild Wars to give me that type of experience as I understand that the way Ultima Online was structured pissed most players off, but leveling via compelling player versus player would be great.

Does GW2 have something equivalent to WoW's raiding experience?