• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 52 get your hands on it

92 posts in this topic

"lame" = a Sub-Mariner movie

Fixed. He's a secondary character (unless they do a GA Subby)

It has serious potential as they would likely start in the GA era and then finish it with a cameo FF appearance at the end to lead into another FF movie or some other joint venture [invaders for example].

I don't know, I think Blood Diamond was a pretty engaging movie.

That guy should be playing the Panther in this movie.

You guys can chase those "hot" books and pay the inflated prices if you want...I mean, is the Raccoon going to be hot in 2 years? Probably not?

Will Spidey, Hulk and the Fantastic Four stay hot? Definitely...trends come and go. I try to stick to the tried and true...tough to get stuck with an big unrealized loss if you do that...

The trick with any hot book is buying it cheap (all the stores who are still selling hulk 271s for $3) and still resell it. Lots of these copies still sitting in $1 bins and regular inventory.

There will almost certainly be FF 52s around and people will continue to be on the lookout for them.

Not sure how such a movie could keep me awake for 2 hours. What are they going to do have him run around the jungle's of Africa negotiating herds of hippo's and wildebeests?

You may not have heard, but human beings also live in Africa--it's not all animals. :gossip:

Some of the worst things human beings have ever done to each other in the history of the planet are still being done in modern Africa, so the opportunity for stories of heroes being told that are set in Africa are absolutely rampant. :whee:

Yeah they already did a movie called Blood Diamond and as far as the rest goes it doesn't sound like something terribly interesting to base a super hero movie on.

I don't know, I think Blood Diamond was a pretty engaging movie.

That guy should be playing the Panther in this movie.

I think you need more than one example to sell me....never seen that but I've heard good things. Maybe we'll put it in our queue.

When it comes to success in movies, you can overcome culture but the deciding factors ultimately are going to be quality of story and acting/directing/production.

There are plenty of movies that are not North American - centric that have done very well.

Hotel Rwanda

The Last King of Scotland

Both of those movies got Oscar nominations and were about just how awful it can get in Africa.

I agree as I've seen both and they were excellent movies. However, they didn't blow it out of the water at the box office.

Marvel Studios has set the bar very high with the Avengers and they're going to look to build on that base. If they're going to shell out $150mm or more on a movie, they're going to look to get 2x on their investment (or more). I don't see that happening with a super hero movie set in Africa. :sorry:

I agree as I've seen both and they were excellent movies. However, they didn't blow it out of the water at the box office.

Who cares about the box office? I was replying to Silver Surfer talking about movies that could keep him up for two hours.

I think this issue in high grade has taken a beating lately because the market has been flooded with them. Probably better to wait until after the movie to buy one especially if it turns out to be a dog.

I have my doubts that this movie will ever happen, and we just went thorough this two months ago and the rumor was shot down.

The "hype" sure didn't help the copy I had in the Comiclink auction. :P

If it does get made are we talking about 4 years from now?

Iron Man 3 =2013

Thor 2 =2013

Captain America 2 =2014

Guardians of the Galaxy = 2014

Antman = 2014/15 ?

Avengers 2 = 2015

That`s one long wait for speculation purposes!

:gossip:

They will probally make a JLA movie before then.

What happened to the Inhumans movie, Runaways...

It might be a good movie to lead into the third avengers movie (assuming there is one).

And it could easily be a movie that takes place in Wakanda and America, perhaps one that results in him abdicating the throne to join the Avengers (or maybe thats part of the 3rd Avengers movie).

I think it would be fun to place it in Wakanda, which seems like a place with plenty of future tech, but plenty of African tribal and mystical elements. Or they could have Dr. Doom involved or even as the main antagonist, which might lead to his involvement in Avengers 3.

There's some options, and they're watchable. I think more people would get excited about Black Panther than Ant-Man.

Not to mention you have a rather large and untapped African continent population who have been waiting to see a western movie that doesn't depict Africa in a negative light. AND would love to see an African in the Avengers.

Marvel doesn't eff around anymore with this stuff, they've likely done their research and certainly read some scripts by now if they're even close to announcing or letting rumors out. They earned some trust with the general public IMO, although I don't expect a lot out of Iron Man 3.

I think this issue in high grade has taken a beating lately because the market has been flooded with them. Probably better to wait until after the movie to buy one especially if when it turns out to be a dog.

Fixed that for you (thumbs u

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Black Panther fan, but I think it will be hard to translate the character into a movie in a way that develops the Black Panther enough and has the right story line, but I could be surprised.

But seriously who cares about the Black Panther? He is about as third tier character as they get, one step up from Big Wheel.

Somebody is going to that place with the pitchforks and fire (oh wait, maybe that is this message board). You have to love the Panther !

jungle_action_23.jpg

You guys are cwazy. He’s a very solid B-Lister. Guardians, Rocket Racoon, Big Wheel are certainly nowheresville, whereas Panther is the first black superhero, played a regular, strong supporting role in the FF during its heyday, was an Avenger for a long time and has been a prominent player in the new Avengers cartoon. :sumo:
Co-starring with SHAFT...yeah baby...

I don't think they would use some unknown for a marvel flick even captain america was human torch in fantastic four movie..

So who know what they'll do.. this movie will probably be years down the road..like inhumans, runaways, black panther, among other characters marvel wants to release.. wish lions gate still did there cartoons they were doing such a good job with them too..

But seriously who cares about the Black Panther? He is about as third tier character as they get, one step up from Big Wheel.

Somebody is going to that place with the pitchforks and fire (oh wait, maybe that is this message board). You have to love the Panther !

jungle_action_23.jpg

What a great cover. Did you ever figure out if it was done by Byrne or someone else?

Since sci-fi is my favorite genre, I suppose my favorite film set in Africa is District 9. It's sci-fi, but it clearly is meant to parallel what happened with Apartheid.

District 9 was a very well done movie. I loved it.

Truth be told, it wouldn't be very difficult to do a good Panther movie. All it would take is a proper effort.

Hopefully they don't just toss one out there for the heck of it.