• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 52 get your hands on it

92 posts in this topic

But seriously who cares about the Black Panther? He is about as third tier character as they get, one step up from Big Wheel.

Somebody is going to that place with the pitchforks and fire (oh wait, maybe that is this message board). You have to love the Panther !

jungle_action_23.jpg

What a great cover. Did you ever figure out if it was done by Byrne or someone else?

Thanks Roy, I still love it and finally have it framed and hanging on the wall. It has been confirmed, it is Byrne.

But seriously who cares about the Black Panther? He is about as third tier character as they get, one step up from Big Wheel.

Somebody is going to that place with the pitchforks and fire (oh wait, maybe that is this message board). You have to love the Panther !

jungle_action_23.jpg

What a great cover. Did you ever figure out if it was done by Byrne or someone else?

Thanks Roy, I still love it and finally have it framed and hanging on the wall. It has been confirmed, it is Byrne.

My source says Jungle Action 23 cover is by Dan Adkins.

jungle_action_23.jpg

That is such an overlooked cover, I love it. Congrats on adding it to your collection batman_fan

jungle_action_23.jpg

It seems like if it were truly Byrne, BP would look more like he's taking a dump, than just crouching there...., :whistle:

jungle_action_23.jpg

WOW!! Real awesome cover, I have never seen this issue/cover before. Just put it up as my desktop background. John Byrne? It doesn't look like his style to me.....but if it is, it is. Anyway, again GREAT cover! :headbang:

Did anyone else read David Liss' "The Man Without Fear: Black Panther" run recently?

Curious to see what you thought of it. I actually quite enjoyed it.

Yup, the run that took over Daredevil. I collected it monthly after Daredevil and enjoyed it a lot. I thought it was cool having BP in the city, Hells Kitchen.

Great read for any that has not read it, pick it up!

I just noticed that it is easier and more affordable to get a copy of FF 48 than a copy of FF 52. I would wait for 52 to die down unless someone was looking for a quick flip in a few months time.

Did anyone else read David Liss' "The Man Without Fear: Black Panther" run recently?

Curious to see what you thought of it. I actually quite enjoyed it.

Yup, the run that took over Daredevil. I collected it monthly after Daredevil and enjoyed it a lot. I thought it was cool having BP in the city, Hells Kitchen.

Great read for any that has not read it, pick it up!

I didn't like the art that much, but enjoyed the story.

I just noticed that it is easier and more affordable to get a copy of FF 48 than a copy of FF 52. I would wait for 52 to die down unless someone was looking for a quick flip in a few months time.

Comparing 52 to the hands-down easiest Silver key to get 48 isn't much of a comparison. Not sure what grades you're looking at--I'm guessing the nosebleed ones--but the reason 52 sometimes goes for more than 48 is because it is incredibly less common. I wouldn't call 52 rare, but I WOULD call 48 extremely common.

jungle_action_23.jpg

Dan Adkins? Doesn't look like he had any hand in drawing it. Inking, maybe but drawing, don't see it at all.

Here is the link to where the artist and inker were originally discussed

Jungle Action 23 discussion

jungle_action_23.jpg

Dan Adkins? Doesn't look like he had any hand in drawing it. Inking, maybe but drawing, don't see it at all.

Clue #1 look at top margin above cover word GROUP :makepoint:

Clue #2 it was listed in ComicBase database information :idea:

Just thought I would help (shrug)

The Grand Comic Database is just a wiki type website where contributors add information that they believe to be true. It's not 100% accurate.

The Grand Comic Database is just a wiki type website where contributors add information that they believe to be true. It's not 100% accurate.

It's ComicBase version 16, Vintage.

Really solid information. Not to mention the big name ADKINS on the top of that art page!!

Correct, someone originally though Gil Kane drew it and had it signed by him as well. Art was shown to John Byrne (not by me) and he confirmed he drew it.

It's ComicBase version 16, Vintage.

Really solid information. Not to mention the big name ADKINS on the top of that art page!!

So if it said "Stan Lee" on it then it might have been drawn by Stan Lee?

:o