• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventurers thread

332 posts in this topic

I think there is a CGC Census data entry error with Adventurers 1. When you start out by typing just "Adventurers" at the main Census page, this comes up.

Adventurers

When you go into "The Adventurers; Publisher: Aircel; Issue Date: 1986," it shows 3 copies in 9.8 for the 1986 series (non-variant). But then when you click on "Adventurers; Publisher: Aircel; Issue Date: 8/86" it shows 1 x 9.9, 3 x 9.8's for the regular cover, and 1 x 9.9 and 4 x 9.8 for the variant cover.

Not the first time this has occurred, as it seems someone catalogued some books wrong and now they are not consolidated in the census count. And who knows - "The Adventurers" could be the variant cover before there was a variant section under the regular cover entry.

I think there is a CGC Census data entry error with Adventurers 1. When you start out by typing just "Adventurers" at the main Census page, this comes up.

Adventurers

When you go into "The Adventurers; Publisher: Aircel; Issue Date: 1986," it shows 3 copies in 9.8 for the 1986 series (non-variant). But then when you click on "Adventurers; Publisher: Aircel; Issue Date: 8/86" it shows 1 x 9.9, 3 x 9.8's for the regular cover, and 1 x 9.9 and 4 x 9.8 for the variant cover.

Not the first time this has occurred, as it seems someone catalogued some books wrong and now they are not consolidated in the census count. And who knows - "The Adventurers" could be the variant cover before there was a variant section under the regular cover entry.

Bravo, Nick :applause:

Adventurers

So in other words, they just added another 3 9.8's to the regular covers listing? 6 total? That would explain things a little better. I think I remember a clerical error in another book I collected a while back.

i have a hsu signed Elf Warrior 1 from a toronto show in the late 80's
I liked that series a lot. Hsu had an add in the adventurers claiming to hate elves, and that many would be crushed and eaten in the book. He did not disappoint. If you want to sell it, I'd be interested!

Adventurers

So in other words, they just added another 3 9.8's to the regular covers listing? 6 total? That would explain things a little better. I think I remember a clerical error in another book I collected a while back.

Exactly! If someone contacts CGC about this, they can correct the census count.

MCS had a skeleton cover #1 in "NM" for $2. It's gone now. Someone on this thread maybe? hm

Interesting, as I think their prices just went up slightly as well.

Conan: If you are reading this, you need to participate in the discussion. :foryou:

See, I can't even check to see if I can even compose correct sentences. Apparently not. Anyone have any possible 9.8's from book 1?

I have a 1 (reg) and a 2 that will make it, but they are waiting for Peter Hsu.

See, I can't even check to see if I can even compose correct sentences. Apparently not. Anyone have any possible 9.8's from book 1?

I have a 1 (reg) and a 2 that will make it, but they are waiting for Peter Hsu.

I have a bunch waiting for him too, if anyone can find him! lol 3-10 are going to be tough in 9.8 because nobody wants to dig them out of their long boxes.

Grew up in the 80s, and fell in love with a lot of those black-and-white indies that came out during the quick boom and bust around 1986. Adventurers was one of my faves. Along with anything Aircel and Hsu. Also loved Fish Police and Trollords. I also have this Hsu book....

Quadrant1.jpg

I have such a fondness for Adventurers (I also snatch up the skeleton cover whenever I see a copy), that I created this personal one-of-a-kind bound hardcover.... :cloud9::headbang:

Adventurersbind.jpg

The remaining series are even currently going through the same binding process for a Volume 2, which will end up looking like the book above, but here's the layout....

Adventurers-Book2.jpg

Oooh, Dungeon, you and I are separated at birth. I have 2 9.8 copies of the skeleton variant issue 1. This was the very first CGC book I ever picked up, and started me on this new niche of the hobby.... :cloud9:

Adventurers1variant.jpg

Yes my brother... We are one. :hi: We like the same things, and i think there are many who probably feel the same. Good quality is good quality, regardless of value. My mission is to sub a 10.0 of the first issue. I just wonder how many times it will take to succeed?! So, there's 3 of the 4 skeleton cover 9.8's. Someone here probably has the 4th.

I have such a fondness for Adventurers (I also snatch up the skeleton cover whenever I see a copy), that I created this personal one-of-a-kind bound hardcover.... :cloud9::headbang:

Adventurersbind.jpg

The remaining series are even currently going through the same binding process for a Volume 2, which will end up looking like the book above, but here's the layout....

Adventurers-Book2.jpg

5933db27.jpg

Wow. That's amazing. Can you make me one? :applause:

Oooh, Dungeon, you and I are separated at birth. I have 2 9.8 copies of the skeleton variant issue 1. This was the very first CGC book I ever picked up, and started me on this new niche of the hobby.... :cloud9:

Yes my brother... We are one. :hi: We like the same things, and i think there are many who probably feel the same. Good quality is good quality, regardless of value. My mission is to sub a 10.0 of the first issue. I just wonder how many times it will take to succeed?! So, there's 3 of the 4 skeleton cover 9.8's. Someone here probably has the 4th.

I saw it on ebay at one point last year with a BIN of around $125 or so I think. I passed on it, figuring I didn't want to hoard ALL of the variant 9.8s (there were only 3 at the time). Now there's a 9.9 copy out there!!! :o:sumo:

Wow. That's amazing. Can you make me one? :applause:

lol I wish I could make more. Unfortunately, not only was this bind waaaay more expensive than anticipated, but the bindery that did it is no longer accepting projects through David Banks, who helped me create it and get it made. As a matter of fact, my second volume got in just under the wire and will be one of the last comic projects this bindery does with David. :cry:

I saw it on ebay at one point last year with a BIN of around $125 or so I think. I passed on it, figuring I didn't want to hoard ALL of the variant 9.8s (there were only 3 at the time). Now there's a 9.9 copy out there!!! :o:sumo:

hm