• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Clink!

83 posts in this topic

Is it too soon to start making observations about the Clink auctions that close in a few hours? I noticed that the FF 112 Thing/Hulk page is already at nearly 15k. If it doesn't get another bid, that is still a stunning number. Also, the Ditko Spidey 29 page at 54k is very, very strong. The Weird Science 12 cover has made it's reserve and makes me look even more longingly and regretfully at Terry's Cochran catalog postings. And the Romita DD 16 page is going strong. Having said all that, there are a number of major pieces that have not met reserve that I suspect will pass. A mixed bag overall, but I will enjoy the show.

Scott

By the way, a somewhat off topic question for all of our comic collectors out there, but what's the word on the Weird Science 29 slabbed at 9.8? I don't follow comic book prices at all but that happens to be one of my favorite covers of all time, and wonder what sort of price to expect on that. Any guesses? It's already over 15k.

Scott

By the way, a somewhat off topic question for all of our comic collectors out there, but what's the word on the Weird Science 29 slabbed at 9.8? I don't follow comic book prices at all but that happens to be one of my favorite covers of all time, and wonder what sort of price to expect on that. Any guesses? It's already over 15k.

Scott

Well Metro owned it for a while, not sure what they moved it at, I though around 10-12K. I'd be surprised if it does much more frankly.

I am interested to see if the Frank Miller Dr Strange loose pencil drawing makes the $1000 reserve. That is a bit much I think for the piece. I am also a bit surprised the Nowlan Dr Strange 57 cover is at $4k.

Sorry, I am in the mid range pool so those are my interests. I am watching the Charest pinup as well - $2100 is a nice deal but we will see what it finishes for.

On the art side of the fence, I was watching the Perez Archives piece. It got its reserve bump to 5,375. I'm actually ambivalent at that price as there are a bunch of things in that price point to be had that I have more fondness for :o . I know it shocks me to say that too but I picked up the cover to NTT 33 for about that much. There is a certain Lee/Williams X-men page that hm will be interesting to watch.

The GS Spider-man 5 cover at 23K :insane:

The Nowlan Dr. Strange piece at 4K already, seems a strong price for that artist, but it is a fantastic image.

The JLA pages seems to be cheap right now.

On the I'm not sure front, The Iron Man cover and the Conan Saga cover, given how much or little OA is in those I'm not sure what to think of them.

Oh and the Zeck Marvel Saga and Starlin Super Villian Team up cover also have Glue sniffing $$$ reserves IMO.

2c

I am also a bit surprised the Nowlan Dr Strange 57 cover is at $4k.

Agreed!

I am watching the Charest pinup as well - $2100 is a nice deal but we will see what it finishes for.

The Charest is not done by a long shot I think.

Scott

The Ronin page met reserve and now sits at $7500, stat and all. The last one sold for $6700 in May.

BTW, am I the only one who find the comic link web site very user unfriendly? I always need to go through quite a few links to get where I am going. I do not like it, Sam I am, I do not like it worth a damn.

well I officially have auction fever. Bidding on things outside my wheelhouse.

Can Kirby people tell me why the Thor 170 page is only at $1300. I was gonna bid at that price but looking it over it looks pretty, and not too Kirbyish to me. Is that Bill Everett being too slick for my tastes? Do others see that, and is that why the page is lower than the rest?

I like the page. I'm no expert but I don't have any issue with the inking personally, as you said I kinda like it. I would guess that a) the price will go up before its over and b) the content isn't really A grade fanboy material (no thor)

Anyone else notice the auto reserves (*) bouncing around? The Perez piece I mentioned was 5.3K then 6.2K now its 5.4K :whistle:

I was just mentioning that to a couple of friends. Several items..more than 6..started moving up and down a couple days ago. They were down last night and up today.

Weird.

Ya not a bid fan of their website. My first time winning on clink and I wasn't exactly sure how to go about paying. It took a bit and I figured it out, HA is soo much easier.

I think most of us will agree the CLink website is long overdue for an overhaul.

Does anyone else get annoyed when bidding on a book in their ComicBookExchange

section(not the auction section)? The site makes you complete an order form in advance for a simple bid. Why ?

Anyone else notice the auto reserves (*) bouncing around? The Perez piece I mentioned was 5.3K then 6.2K now its 5.4K :whistle:

I was just mentioning that to a couple of friends. Several items..more than 6..started moving up and down a couple days ago. They were down last night and up today.

Weird.

Chris you are too kind, I'd call it suspicious at least. We all know that shilling goes on at auctions, not house is immune. I guess the consignors are free to adjust their reserves as they see fit, but it does look a little fishy and does not inspire confidence.