• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead FAQ's with answers

198 posts in this topic

That is funny that you reference the link in my sig, because the link is this very thread (see page one). lol too funny.

I guess maloney414 needs to update his original post. I wasn't collecting when it was removed, so I cant give a complete story on that. I would guess it was moved from the 1-48 registry set. You'll notice that set has no variants/second prints/etc.

The other registry set I mentioned, Walking Dead (2003 Complete with Variants), has a slot for the 35 error.

So, a newly slabbed 35 error will look like the picture I gave and only has a slot in the "Walking Dead (2003 Complete with Variants)" set.

lol Yeah this came up before.

It was removed from the registry, but since my original post it's been added to the other set; however, this thread is too old for me to edit the 1st post.

So the wrong info about that is stuck on the 1st post. Sorry... :sorry:

It needs a bit of an update though regarding the changes in the art production along the way... e.g. Moore > Adlard > 17 x 11, 2 pages on one board, 14 x 8.5, 17 x 11 separate pencils and inks, etc etc

Hopefully someone can help me out on this.

Back in the day, I subbed two #7's, one first print and one second. Both came back 9.8 but CGC forgot to denote which was second print.

I also subbed two #8's at the same time and CGC screwed that up too.

All four are also sig series too.

I called CGC on this and they agreed to cover all costs because it was their error and then... my laziness kicked in/surfaced/resurfaced so I've never sent in.

Now, I'm thinking of selling my 1-114 set (not on registry because that's not important to me) and would like to fix or at least patch :)

At least on the cover, I can differentiate the #8's as the 1st print's UPC code ends in 611 and the 2nd print ends in 812. I verifyed this by checking my raw 2nd print UPC which ends in 812.

Problem is that #7's are identical on their face including UPC numbers. :(

However, in looking at the #7's side by side, I noticed that one has a somewhat deeper shade of blue in the logo and cover (or, one has a lighter shade of blue). Can someone with 1st and 2nd prints look at them side and by side, see if they see this and let me know which is which?

FWIW, I looked at my raw #7 1st print and it's the darker one but I don't have a raw 2nd print handy to compare.

Can anyone help me out with this?

It needs a bit of an update though regarding the changes in the art production along the way... e.g. Moore > Adlard > 17 x 11, 2 pages on one board, 14 x 8.5, 17 x 11 separate pencils and inks, etc etc

That would have been a cool thing to add. (thumbs u

Unfortunately, I can no longer edit the original post because of how old this thread is.

That would have been a cool thing to add. (thumbs u

Unfortunately, I can no longer edit the original post because of how old this thread is.

Reboot it!! :banana:

Hopefully someone can help me out on this.

Back in the day, I subbed two #7's, one first print and one second. Both came back 9.8 but CGC forgot to denote which was second print.

I also subbed two #8's at the same time and CGC screwed that up too.

All four are also sig series too.

I called CGC on this and they agreed to cover all costs because it was their error and then... my laziness kicked in/surfaced/resurfaced so I've never sent in.

Now, I'm thinking of selling my 1-114 set (not on registry because that's not important to me) and would like to fix or at least patch :)

At least on the cover, I can differentiate the #8's as the 1st print's UPC code ends in 611 and the 2nd print ends in 812. I verifyed this by checking my raw 2nd print UPC which ends in 812.

Problem is that #7's are identical on their face including UPC numbers. :(

However, in looking at the #7's side by side, I noticed that one has a somewhat deeper shade of blue in the logo and cover (or, one has a lighter shade of blue). Can someone with 1st and 2nd prints look at them side and by side, see if they see this and let me know which is which?

FWIW, I looked at my raw #7 1st print and it's the darker one but I don't have a raw 2nd print handy to compare.

Can anyone help me out with this?

There's no discernable difference that I can tell on my 7s. The only way I could tell them apart is by popping the cover open. Obviously not possible in your scenario. I wish I could help you there Bruce.

I could help alleviate some space in that run if you're still considering the sale. (If you have the ones I'm looking for. Also secretly hoping you still have those survivors guides you bought a long while back)