• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead FAQ's with answers

198 posts in this topic

It still blows my mind that people even give a about collecting TPBs of any title for value.

but the same can be said of anything.

I guess so, but it seems that the perception of TPBs, GNs, collected editions (and additional printings of original issues, which sort of makes sense due to how things are released these days) sure have changed since 20-odd years ago.

It still blows my mind that people even give a about collecting TPBs of any title for value.

I guess so, but it seems that the perception of TPBs, GNs, collected editions (and additional printings of original issues, which sort of makes sense due to how things are released these days) sure have changed since 20-odd years ago.

oh i agree that things have changed. i personally am a huge fan of the later printings of comics, as they are USUALLY printed in lower quantities and tend to be "passed on" by the "gotta have it" crowd.

oh i agree that things have changed. i personally am a huge fan of the later printings of comics, as they are USUALLY printed in lower quantities and tend to be "passed on" by the "gotta have it" crowd.

really? i think the only ones that give a spoon are the "gotta have it crowd."

please forgive me, as i am VERY green to everything comic books...

why is it that i am having a very difficult time finding (in quantity) Saga #1 in 2md, 3rd and 4th prints? but i can find first prints all day long.

this is not a slight, i am being serious.

why is it that i am having a very difficult time finding (in quantity) Saga #1 in 2md, 3rd and 4th prints? but i can find first prints all day long.

someone could chime in with actual #'s but i'm guessing the print runs for 2nd-4th were an iota of the first print which was something like 30k IIRC. maybe i'm thinking of "gotta have it" differently than you are; to me, "gotta have it" implies OCD

someone could chime in with actual #'s but i'm guessing the print runs for 2nd-4th were an iota of the first print which was something like 30k IIRC. maybe i'm thinking of "gotta have it" differently than you are; to me, "gotta have it" implies OCD

i have the OCD lol

but as far as "value" it history seems to say that "the gotta have it crowd" wants the first printing

Personally, I think a lot of interest in 1st prints depend on time in availability. I collect vintage young adult books too and it always breaks my heart when I buy a poorly identified second or third print or a misread impression in the numberstring. These later printed books rarely hold their value (especially re-written reprints) in time. I also on the other hand, don't mind picking up a random 27th print as long as I don't have to pay a premium, to get an old book feel for a reader. I have no problem with being a completist (also doing foreign editions now) or being a hoarder, but that all strictly depends on the mentality of each collector to collect multiple prints or trades. Most of the time with Modern children's books now, is you have to get the ARC too, to have the "actual" 1st print even. Sometimes the actual first print US hardcover book is a third impression even, depending on an early overseas release too. Wait forgive for rambling, I'm from New Hampshire.

Collect what you like. :foryou:

I think one of the most undervalued WD books is the Days Gone By retailer incentive hardcover ... there were only a 1000 copies and the book looks cool as hell (black HC w/ a red zombie head), but I don't ever see it appreciating in value (which is why I've never picked up multiple copies).

Thanks! Original post on page 1 has been edited to include the issue. (thumbs u

I'm glad to see that people are still finding this thread. If anyone reading this missed this thread before, check out the original post. (thumbs u

With the $how that WD 100 has been already, I wanted to add one more submission to the list. Walking Dead 100 Skybound exclusive Lucille foil variant cover. I ordered my copy from Skybound and just received it in the mail this morning!

How did your book look? Any issues?

Overall, 9.5ish. There was one significant area of concern, the top spine edge. It looks like more of a tear than a cut from the printer. There are no creases, no other dings or spine ticks, which for a monochromatic cover is good to see.

I will try to take some pic's of the area of concern and post them here as well. Out of pure self interest, has anyone else ordered and received a copy of this book, and if so how did it look?