• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Winner of the Weekend - Let Comics General Decide Response:

135 posts in this topic

My listings specifically outline to foreign buyers that no matter the item, no matter the size I will only ship it out in a way that I can attach a tracking number on it. This is of course, going to be expensive, however, there are too many shenanigans occurring with foreign buyers. If they want the item they are going to pay that shipping plus a dollar or two to compensate for the raise in eBay fees due to eBay's charging on the cost of shipping.

I do not like selling internationally but the option is there so long as the buyer understands that parcel post, first class, and those type of methods are not an option. Some countries like Canada have the option of Priority. Other countries like Australia only have the option of Express. So I get this from a potential buyer in Australia:

I understand sending items priority to ensure that they get to the buyer with an appropriate level of accountability, but you must be on meth if you think that it would cost 130 bucks to send this item anywhere in the world - even Siberia....

I could fly across first class, get picked up in a Maserati I purchased specifically for the trip, stay one night in a house I just bought, then ship the house and the car home piece by piece for the price YOU are alleging it would cost to send a frog-twaddled comic book to Australia.

Can you send it without the hyperbole????

BTW: My present feedback is now at 1782 100% Power Seller (I always get that during the summer months) Top Rated

No, I am not afraid of replying with a snarky, nasty comment and getting a slap on the wrist from eBay.

Make sure and block this bidder.Might win the item just to neg you.

I could fly across first class, get picked up in a Maserati I purchased specifically for the trip, stay one night in a house I just bought, then ship the house and the car home piece by piece for the price YOU are alleging it would cost to send a frog-twaddled comic book to Australia.

Possible the frog-twaddling ran up the postage charge? hm

Not so long ago I came accross a listing of 1 cgc book I liked. Postage set to $130. After buying years and years on ebay (and elsewhere) this was the first time I saw this. I pay anywhere from $17 to $45 max to get 1 (and sometimes for multiple books). When I saw that postage price on a book I liked, I was thinking about sending a mail questioning that ridiculous amount.

If 99.99% of others can send it at 1/3 of that price then you should ask yourself if maybe you are getting it wrong?

At the end I didn't send a mail and spend my money somewhere else.

No hard feelings towards you, just my 2 cents

My listings specifically outline to foreign buyers that no matter the item, no matter the size I will only ship it out in a way that I can attach a tracking number on it. This is of course, going to be expensive, however, there are too many shenanigans occurring with foreign buyers. If they want the item they are going to pay that shipping plus a dollar or two to compensate for the raise in eBay fees due to eBay's charging on the cost of shipping.

I do not like selling internationally but the option is there so long as the buyer understands that parcel post, first class, and those type of methods are not an option. Some countries like Canada have the option of Priority. Other countries like Australia only have the option of Express. So I get this from a potential buyer in Australia:

I understand sending items priority to ensure that they get to the buyer with an appropriate level of accountability, but you must be on meth if you think that it would cost 130 bucks to send this item anywhere in the world - even Siberia....

Can you send it without the hyperbole????

BTW: My present feedback is now at 1782 100% Power Seller (I always get that during the summer months) Top Rated

No, I am not afraid of replying with a snarky, nasty comment and getting a slap on the wrist from eBay.

I'd just reply with a lol and reiterate that this is the shipping I can do. No snarkiness, no baiting, no rising to his baiting. And maybe add a comment about how now he's got me wanting a Maserati.

I'm assuming the original poster set such a high price for international shipping because he, understandably, doesn't want to ship internationally. Accepting this as the premise, wouldn't wacky emails from international bidders be expected? Therefore, the OP received the very email he set himself up to receive. The snake is eating its own tail. :o

I shipped a computer power supply via priority mail to Australia not too long ago. It was somewhere in the area of $45-$47 and that includes built in insurance you get with priority international. The amount of insurance varies based on what country you are shipping to but it is completely free.

Your $130 charge just makes you look like a rip off artist/scum bag.

I'm assuming the original poster set such a high price for international shipping because he, understandably, doesn't want to ship internationally. Accepting this as the premise, wouldn't wacky emails from international bidders be expected? Therefore, the OP received the very email he set himself up to receive. The snake is eating its own tail. :o

+1

From the responses given here, there are obviously a number of cheaper options that'll do the same job that the OP has ignored in an effort to put off international buyers.

A sarcastic message is the least he could expect.

I shipped a computer power supply via priority mail to Australia not too long ago. It was somewhere in the area of $45-$47 and that includes built in insurance you get with priority international. The amount of insurance varies based on what country you are shipping to but it is completely free.

Your $130 charge just makes you look like a rip off artist/scum bag.

I just checked the listing:

The auction is set to UPS Worldwide Express for Australia for a 2-3lb Package. So where he gets $130 from, God only knows. If anything when I just went to read the setup of the auction I noticed that there is no handling fee which there should be to offset the cost in the eBay fees for the shipping. One slab securely packed in a strong brown box is usually hits the 2lb tier.

Where he gets $130 from is beyond me, probably the same place that he read priority instead of Express. It may be the same place that he came up with Frog Twaddled.

International people need to understand that the seller needs some protection. I usually get 1-2 people a week sending me a message about how my shipping is too high and if I can do something cheaper.

In the end, I suspect many of them might even know that 1st class is not trackable, and are honestly trying to rip you off. I say this because when I was first selling, a buyer in Germany did exactly that. He asked me if I can ship something 1st class, I did and he opened a claim around the time I suspect he got the item. He automatically won the claim. I didn't know better at the time.

I just had a guy ask tell me that I need to ship a Sideshow Galactus bust (which is 25 lbs) for free internationally. I've started to just ignore them.

130.00 to ship a comic book? Just Douchebaggery. :facepalm:

Did you happen to read what I wrote?

The listing is set to UPS Worldwide Express for a 2-3 lb package.

How he even gets $130 is beyond me in his shipping zone.

He also lists that it is priority shipping, when I have it set to express.

In the end, I suspect many of them might even know that 1st class is not trackable, and are honestly trying to rip you off.

meh

You ever left your borders?

Or is the criminal anarchy too much to handle?

Sorry, if I offended anyone, but eBay is loaded with people from all over the place looking to rip others off.

In the end, I suspect many of them might even know that 1st class is not trackable, and are honestly trying to rip you off.

meh

Thanks what my insufficiently_thoughtful_person brother did crossing the border and an incident involving me that landed me in a private room at an airport having to be fully searched, I try not to leave the border or fly too much. The last two times, I just "happened" to have win the "random" search by border patrol or the airports and be detained for a while.

meh

Sorry, if I offended anyone, but eBay is loaded with people from all over the place looking to rip others off.

Pretty sure a great part of ebay scams are perpetrated within the US.

meh

Pretty sure a great part of ebay scams are perpetrated within the US.

lol funniest thing I've read all day!! Everyone knows all scams come from Portugal!! :sumo: