• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Winner of the Weekend - Let Comics General Decide Response:

135 posts in this topic

My listings specifically outline to foreign buyers that no matter the item, no matter the size I will only ship it out in a way that I can attach a tracking number on it. This is of course, going to be expensive, however, there are too many shenanigans occurring with foreign buyers. If they want the item they are going to pay that shipping plus a dollar or two to compensate for the raise in eBay fees due to eBay's charging on the cost of shipping.

I do not like selling internationally but the option is there so long as the buyer understands that parcel post, first class, and those type of methods are not an option. Some countries like Canada have the option of Priority. Other countries like Australia only have the option of Express. So I get this from a potential buyer in Australia:

I understand sending items priority to ensure that they get to the buyer with an appropriate level of accountability, but you must be on meth if you think that it would cost 130 bucks to send this item anywhere in the world - even Siberia....

I could fly across first class, get picked up in a Maserati I purchased specifically for the trip, stay one night in a house I just bought, then ship the house and the car home piece by piece for the price YOU are alleging it would cost to send a frog-twaddled comic book to Australia.

Can you send it without the hyperbole????

BTW: My present feedback is now at 1782 100% Power Seller (I always get that during the summer months) Top Rated

No, I am not afraid of replying with a snarky, nasty comment and getting a slap on the wrist from eBay.

:facepalm:

If you can't or rather won't pay the postage then why bid, moreover, why leave such a stroppy message.

They. Haven't. Even. Bid. On. The. Item.

They just decided to send me a message.

If you can't or rather won't pay the postage then why bid, moreover, why leave such a stroppy message.

They. Haven't. Even. Bid. On. The. Item.

They just decided to send me a message.

Now that's just being rude for no good reason - scumbag

Is it a comic? $130 to send a book priority is extreme, even with insurance.

No justification for his rude message though.

Even though he writes "priority," I checked the auction and for his country express is the only option (which is how I intended it). I will only use express for Australia and a few other countries.

I quoted him exactly- no changes.

Even though he writes "priority," I checked the auction and for his country express is the only option (which is how I intended it). I will only use express for Australia and a few other countries.

I can only speak for the UK. USPS Priority to here with delivery confirmation for a slab costs $40. $19 for First Class International.

If that's the price to Austrailia then that's the price but $130, that's insane.

I'm sorry my fellow countryman was rude to you, but I get tracked signature on delivery slabs from sellers like Heritage for $36. Comics can be cheaper at around $28. Why do you insist on express?

Wait a minute!

You mean to tell me USPS does not ship packages to Australia via USPS Priority International? That sounds bogus. hm

I've had comics shipped from the USA to me here in Bangkok, Thailand in a standard USPS box via USPS Priority International for about $45.00!

The USPS Customs Form has the appropriate tracking # both the seller and buyer can use on the USPS and Thailand Post websites.

Australia Post (the postal service of Australia) is a member of the EMS Cooperative. All 173 postal administrations who are members adhere to a strict protocal dealing with the delivery of mail. Priority mail is covered under this cooperative.

http://www.ems.coop/members-ems-cooperative

You could also go even cheaper with USPS Registered Mail. You can track it and must be signed for at the delivery point. Again, Registered Mail is covered under the EMS Cooperative.

I agree that the potential eBay Buyer didn't need to be snipy in his message to you, but I can understand his angst. meh

If that's the price to Austrailia then that's the price but $130, that's insane.

That is NOT the price for a package to be sent via USPS Priority International to Australia. FACT!

I've had express with tracking and insurance to me in Australia for a total cost of $54. Was the listing for 1 graded book?

My apologies for the rude fellow Australian BTW. If he didn't like it he should just move on. There's no need to be nasty.

That is the same price I recently paid for USPS Express International for 3 comic books to be sent from the USA to me here in Bangkok, Thailand.

First, that response is genuinely funny and creative. The buyer took the time to compose a humorous observation of your shipping price.

Second, that shipping price is ludicrous. I completely understand making it so high that no international bidder in their right mind would buy from you, but to insinuate that you're doing this to protect yourself is disingenuous.

Third, you did this to yourself.

How can it be that much?

i just sent a 25lb box of slabs to a boardie in the UK that had insurance, tracking and was sent USPS Express and it was only $130 and change (shrug)