• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simon Hill

22 posts in this topic

Some of you might have known my brother Simon who contributed to these message boards under the handle of liam_hails.

Simon was a keen contributor to a number of message boards for those areas in life that he had an active interest in. These included Gaming, Comics, Paranormal Psychology and the Russian Revolution.

Simon often had difficulties in fitting in in certain areas of his life and his ability to interact with a like minded community of individuals gave him a great degree of comfort.

He will be missed.

Sean

I came across this post of Simon's from March 22 of this year.....and I thought it kind of summed up what his brother was saying......

Hi,

I have been reading these boards for a few weeks now and I couldn't vote for a thread of the year, because to me, every thread is great!

I think these are the coolest bunch of comic boards I have seen and you guys are the most knowledgeable posters around!

I don't know if I'll be able to contribute much, but I wanted to say thank you for making comics fun again!!!!

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

--------------------

Liam

No, thank you, Simon! flowerred.gif

My condolences to his family. This thread was his last here, and in tribute I've included a scan of this book below.

It's 18 years now since Barry Allen sacrificied himself to save the universe

Barry got the job in 1956, so he was the Flash for 30 years, but he only had a few appearances before his title started in 1959, which was 27 years.

This means that Wally West has already been the Flash for two thirds the length of time as Barry and Wally had a career as Kid Flash for 26 years before that!

As Barry recedes further into the past, do you think this will impact onto prices for his appearances? Books like Showcase 4 will always be huge, but I get the feeling that there has been a softening in value on the SA Flash title recently.

When you think of it, Jay Garrick's main career was only 9 years with a 7 year gap before Barry came along. In Overstreet 33, Showcase 4 was listed as $38000, which is 40% of the value of a Flash Comics 1. But Flash 110, Wally's first appearance, was only $1850, which is less than 5% of the value of Barry's first appearance. Could this be the biggest SA sleeper in existence

806042002o.jpg

My condolences to you and your family. I recall Simon and I not seeing eye to eye on things at the start (Threads he started like "My Top 10, My bottom 10") but I think we got it to a place where we could be civil to each other. I'm glad to have known him shared some forum time together flowerred.gif

I don't mean to sound dense.....

No need to worry Jim....you never sound dense.... insane.giftongue.gif

I'm not trying to be unsympathic but Sean's post caught me as extremely vague. Probably unintentionally so.....but with all the twists, turns, and things not being what they seem occurring on these boards lately, I've been looking at posts with a rather jaded eye.

With that said.....I wish Sean well in the future and hope his rememberances of his brother serve him well....

Jim