• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #1 Universal 8.5 on ebay now?!?!

41 posts in this topic

You can see the auction for yourself here!

From the seller's listing looks like this was up for auction last week, and then taken down until some verification could be provided to ebay? Do they actually do this? Its a zero feedback seller, so trying to imagine a 1million dollar plus auction transaction is somewhat mind-blowing for ebay... but stranger things have happened.

Anyone know who owns the rusty staple universal 8.5?

A book of this caliber belongs in a professional auction setting. That way the grammar would be correct. It may be that English is not the seller's first language.

...and eBAY should not be the first venue choice. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

From the seller:

A local pickup is possible too, but no sooner than 3 business days from cleared payment.

Always a good way to pull back on the hook a little bit...

From the seller:

A local pickup is possible too, but no sooner than 3 business days from cleared payment.

I'm sorry - but a 0 feedback seller too?

I think you're misunderstanding me.

I believe the guy is fishing for buyers. Once he feels a nibble on the line, he "sets the hook" by making it look like he allows local pickup.

From the seller:

I believe the guy is fishing for buyers. Once he feels a nibble on the line, he "sets the hook" by making it look like he allows local pickup.

He wants the payment to clear first. Once payment has been received, he is long gone.

From the seller:

He wants the payment to clear first. Once payment has been received, he is long gone.

Right, that's why I believe he's fishing for buyers - I should have said fishing for suckers but I was tired last night.

:foryou:

Did someone on another thread say that with tan PQ you couldn't have a grade higher than 7.5? I would rather have tan pages than a rusted staple.

I have a hard time believing any legit seller is going to put this book on eBay when he has zero fb. I think this may be like the Nigerian e-mail scams that intentionally are weird and ungrammatical in an attempt to snare only the dumbest marks. Anyone who bids on this expecting to receive the book probably falls into that category.

This sale is retarded, anyone that's able to buy this book is probably smart enough to know that this is a scam. If one were a really smart scammer they'd pick affordable books to list and list in quantity rather than shoot for the stars like this seller is with an Action #1

Anyone know who owns the rusty staple universal 8.5?

Yes, from the scan this is clearly the copy that used to be owned by Kramer!

I guerss the current owner would be whoever paid Metro $1.5M for this book back in March of 2010. Of course, since it's currently only at $4K, I guess it really be "yours" for a mere fraction of the previous realized price. lol

Looks to me like the same guy who tried to auction a Hulk #1 CGC 8.0 and an Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 5.5 a few days ago.

Ebay - Hulk #1 CGC 8.0

I tried to contact him and asked (just for fun) why he wouldn't ship the books to Germany? No answer! Today the auction was taken down.

Different seller but the same procedure: Claims to be located in Germany, new account, few feedbacks (in this case zero).

I don't like it at all. I am myself from Germany. I dont't know if the scammer is REALLY located in Germany but it puts a bad rep on all international buyer/sellers.

What I don't understand: How are those guys making money if Paypal is involved? From my knowledge the buyer is insured and the money on Paypal is kinda blocked until the deal has been cleared. So... how does this scam work?

Just wondering - do you guys report these sorts of auctions to eBay as fraudulent? I do it every time I see a thread like this. (I reported this one earlier.)

Most of them get taken down before running their course, and I'm sure that numbers of reports count.