• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con 9/7 & 9/8 2013

106 posts in this topic

Just moved back to Maryland to the Annapolis area and thought I mnight check this out and drop a few books off to CGC.

Never been to a Comic-Con before so kinda curious how things work getting autographs and dropping off some books for submission. Always been a big Perez fan, be nice to get him to sign a few comics maybe even get them graded.

Might be a good opportunity to pick a few more keys to add to the collection too :)

There's a thread in the signature section to show you how to prep your books, it's very informative. Check with CGC BEFORE you get a signature to coordinate someone to be with you when you get it signed. If you're going to get multiple sigs from different creators, let them know so you can open an invoice up to add to it.

If you're dropping books off just be graded, I'd do that first, so you have less to carry around. Just stop by the CGC table and fill out the paperwork (Or even quicker, bring it filled out with you).

Shows are a good place to find plenty of keys, you'll see them everywhere!

It's my first time at Baltimore, but having gone to 10 shows across the country over the last two years, I'm looking forward to it like its my first! Have fun!

Thanks for the info Chuck. I've prepped books for signature before but wasn't exactly sure how it works with a CGC rep having to witness the signature. Do they have to stand with you in line or something or am I missing something? Seems that would be hard to have them do.

I think it was mentioned before but wanted to verify. Do most dealers have credit card/debit machine capability? I don't want to carry around a lot of cash.

I'm excited though to experience it all. Moving from Oklahoma they never have anything like this.

Thanks for the info Chuck. I've prepped books for signature before but wasn't exactly sure how it works with a CGC rep having to witness the signature. Do they have to stand with you in line or something or am I missing something? Seems that would be hard to have them do.

I think it was mentioned before but wanted to verify. Do most dealers have credit card/debit machine capability? I don't want to carry around a lot of cash.

I'm excited though to experience it all. Moving from Oklahoma they never have anything like this.

If the artist has a really long line, I've had witnesses have me text them as I got closer and either they or another witness would show up to be there. Much shorter line artists' are easier, but yes, the witness has to be there with you and once it's signed, only they can handle the book from that point on.

Scope out your artist situation ahead of time, and stop by the CGC booth to coordinate. I can tell you ahead of time: Perez has a monster line. lol

There are credit card/debit machines around most shows (I would think this would be no different), but it's always a good idea to have at least some cash, but most dealers take credit cards.

Just realized I've forgotten to pick up art boards or anything to get sketches or commissions on. Is it poor form to expect the artist to have these on hand? I live in an area without access to a place to purchase these last minute.

Most artists have these on hand, as they prefer to use their paper of choice.

Just realized I've forgotten to pick up art boards or anything to get sketches or commissions on. Is it poor form to expect the artist to have these on hand? I live in an area without access to a place to purchase these last minute.

Come to the Cards, Comics, and Collectibles booth. I'll hook you up.

Got out of a prior commitment and will be able to make it tomorrow :banana:

also, if you guys are coming from out of the area, check out Geppi's museum near Camden Yards. Some cool comic stuff, some cool stuff from the history of the Baltimore area, and a really cool memorabilia collection. Definitely a trip down memory lane.

Well that was interesting for my first con. Had a nice time walking around and seeing the creators, only got some prints signed by Neal Adams as the Perez line was a mad house plus I really didn't have anything worth signing of his.

I was really disappointed at the prices...wow...ridiculously overpriced key comics. At least I got stuff signed and also was able to drop off some books at the CGC booth. The guys at Hot Flips were really helpful too. Got a few top loaders for my signed prints to protect them.

Good time though will definitely go next year.