• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four CGC books: Three ASMs (#1, #4 & #6) and one JIM (#83)

19 posts in this topic

:rulez:

1 - :takeit: over PMs.

2 - Price includes shipping within the US. International I will consider but please PM me first.

3 - Payment via Paypal, check or money order. I will offer a non-Paypal discount.

4 - No HOSers or Probies.

5 - Open to time payments. If anyone is interested, PM me to discuss

Books coming up...

Feel free to PM me offers. Worst I can say is no thanks...and who says you need to be at Baltimore CC to see nice books (thumbs u

Yes, Wow .... really nice Spidey 1. In my opinion the vast majority of these all have a significant production flaw. The staples off the spine and clearly seen punched through the cover.

Not this copy ... pow ... right on the spine.

While I'm at it ... all copies with staples in the cover are garbage : ) .... well, not really. But here's the thing. For thousands of dollars I'd never look at any copy that didn't have the staples on the spine.

Soooo .... this is a B - U - TEEE - FULL 3.5 and in my opinion far superior copy of the book.

The kind of copy that was made right in the first place. Congratulations to ernster and columbiacomics.

While I'm at it ... I don't care what CGC says ... they love to give books with a slight cover roll from the back to front uber high grades because it creates a white spine that shows no defects .... but that is a defect.

The books need to be square from the get go ... with the cover and back meeting cleanly on the spine with the staples on the spine.

Just wanted to get that out of my system .... anyway this Spidey 1 is the way a Spidey 1 should look structurally ... and most of them don't look this way .... in fact they never did .... they were manufactured poorly and came out of the factory wrong with staples through the cover.

Or the Reverse with the human torch's body into the spine ... That bugs me just as much ... the Torch's body should not be into the spine or wrapped around to the back .... I'd rather have this correctly made and RARE 3.5 ... than a 6.5 at twice the grade ....

The market doesn't think like this ... it's all about the money and the slab ... but here's the thing BUY THE BOOK NOT THE SLAB ... and as far as the money goes ... if you pay for a higher grade book make sure it is manufactured properly because as this copy demonstrates there are a few ... not a ton ... but a few Spidey 1's that were manufactured square.

My only wiggle with this one is there are copies with the comics code box not trimmed off ... that is a square book with everything there ... just a tad more cover ... thanks to Marvel's non-existant quality control on 12 cent comic books ... there is variation.

To sum up ....

The vast majority of Spidey 1's have a noticeable front to back or back to front cover shift ... compounded with staples not on the spine but showing on the cover ... these books are common and in my opinion .

The Spidey 1's that are RARE have a correctly place cover with staples correctly square on the spine.

The masses have spoken and slobber over a high CGC grade ... but if you want something special ... RARER and FINER ... get a Spidey 1 that is square and on top of that with the full Comic Code Box ...

That's special ... in fact it's more special than a 9.2 ... to re-iterate ernster the book you just bought is more desirable to me than one with less wrinkles and creases that was manufactured wrong in the first place.

Ahhh ... I feel better ... I've been meaning to get on that soap box for years ... and call attention to the Spidey 1's like this one that are truly special. Go ahead and look see how many have the staples on the spine with the Torch not on the spine or around it ... with a full comic code box ....

Yes, Wow .... really nice Spidey 1. In my opinion the vast majority of these all have a significant production flaw. The staples off the spine and clearly seen punched through the cover.

Not this copy ... pow ... right on the spine.

While I'm at it ... all copies with staples in the cover are garbage : ) .... well, not really. But here's the thing. For thousands of dollars I'd never look at any copy that didn't have the staples on the spine.

Soooo .... this is a B - U - TEEE - FULL 3.5 and in my opinion far superior copy of the book.

The kind of copy that was made right in the first place. Congratulations to ernster and columbiacomics.

While I'm at it ... I don't care what CGC says ... they love to give books with a slight cover roll from the back to front uber high grades because it creates a white spine that shows no defects .... but that is a defect.

The books need to be square from the get go ... with the cover and back meeting cleanly on the spine with the staples on the spine.

Just wanted to get that out of my system .... anyway this Spidey 1 is the way a Spidey 1 should look structurally ... and most of them don't look this way .... in fact they never did .... they were manufactured poorly and came out of the factory wrong with staples through the cover.

Or the Reverse with the human torch's body into the spine ... That bugs me just as much ... the Torch's body should not be into the spine or wrapped around to the back .... I'd rather have this correctly made and RARE 3.5 ... than a 6.5 at twice the grade ....

The market doesn't think like this ... it's all about the money and the slab ... but here's the thing BUY THE BOOK NOT THE SLAB ... and as far as the money goes ... if you pay for a higher grade book make sure it is manufactured properly because as this copy demonstrates there are a few ... not a ton ... but a few Spidey 1's that were manufactured square.

My only wiggle with this one is there are copies with the comics code box not trimmed off ... that is a square book with everything there ... just a tad more cover ... thanks to Marvel's non-existant quality control on 12 cent comic books ... there is variation.

To sum up ....

The vast majority of Spidey 1's have a noticeable front to back or back to front cover shift ... compounded with staples not on the spine but showing on the cover ... these books are common and in my opinion .

The Spidey 1's that are RARE have a correctly place cover with staples correctly square on the spine.

The masses have spoken and slobber over a high CGC grade ... but if you want something special ... RARER and FINER ... get a Spidey 1 that is square and on top of that with the full Comic Code Box ...

That's special ... in fact it's more special than a 9.2 ... to re-iterate ernster the book you just bought is more desirable to me than one with less wrinkles and creases that was manufactured wrong in the first place.

Ahhh ... I feel better ... I've been meaning to get on that soap box for years ... and call attention to the Spidey 1's like this one that are truly special. Go ahead and look see how many have the staples on the spine with the Torch not on the spine or around it ... with a full comic code box ....

Let's hear your Hulk 1 assessment. lol