• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Forum's TOP 100 Comic Covers of all Time - Proposal

65 posts in this topic

sleeping.gif

Pov please explain how you think PMs could be used to help eliminate the bias.

Well, as emoticons and quote upon quote reveal, mimics abound. Or someone may nominate a certian book and others may say "hey yah - that was good" and just vote. SO PMs are the way to go.

By AA I mean Atom Age.

I agree in keeping it simple but we need 5 for each era and if we start with Marvels we could wrap this up in no time. I could probably do mine in about 15 minutes or less as I can pick half of those off the top of my head. Most of us usually buy/own our favorite covers anyways so this should be easy. Marvel's are the easiest to start with then we can go to DC next, etc. I don't collect DC's so if we keep it simple but focused on a few categories it will be eaiser to come to an acceptable conclusion. Lets start the thread(s).

If DC don't clean up the bronze category then this is a sham.

Marvel covers from the bronze age pale in comparison.

BTW, i think we should just submit our top 5 favourite covers with all sections put together. crazy.gif

How about each poster lists their favorite five books (preferably with scans/links so everyone can see the book). This can go on for a week or so.

Then when all the scans are posted, each poster chooses their top 5 books. End of story.

How about each poster lists their favorite five books (preferably with scans/links so everyone can see the book). This can go on for a week or so.

Then when all the scans are posted, each poster chooses their top 5 books. End of story.

Too simple & too logical. This is the CGC Forums, we need something more complicated. tongue.gif

If DC don't clean up the bronze category then this is a sham.

Marvel covers from the bronze age pale in comparison.

BTW, i think we should just submit our top 5 favourite covers with all sections put together. crazy.gif

UV,

I respectively have to disagree with you on this one because no one could touch big Johny B in the early 70's, although his best work was probably in '68, '69. Your not going to post any Scooby Doo covers are you? Zoiks! stooges.gif

Make the rules about 250 lines less then what you posted Most will not read them in current form) and let me know when I get to post my nominations.

Make the rules about 250 lines less then what you posted Most will not read them in current form) and let me know when I get to post my nominations.

i think jbud might be rethinking his idea by now. it's pretty obvious that it could be painfully difficult trying to get this forum to agree on a format.

and i tend to agree with POV that open voting unduly influences others votes.

unfortunately, i have little to suggest other than to say i'll participate regardless of the ultimate format. (if there ever is one grin.gif)

This is essentially what the proposal said, however you get to vote for your top 5 books in every age. Because while there is already whinning about the complicated nature of the rules - one of this top things that is always disagreed upon in terms of artwork is the fight between ages. Anyway, I guess what I need are a couple of more volunteeres besides Pov to help me out with running the voting so that all the participants have to do is submit the nominations and then vote. IN THE END THAT IS ALL YOU WILL HAVE TO DO.............. very simple. But I will need a few ppl who can understand how to tabulate the votes and nominations and a little help with the scans, so preferable those who understand how to manipulate scan and formatting on the boards.