• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHERE THE F*** ARE THOSE BALTIMORE SKETCHES?

230 posts in this topic

Brian, Eton, C-Raider, and SecretSon all had some seriously nice books. (worship)

Also had a chance to see Bill busting out some great stuff.

the CGC booth was crazy on Saturday. MrMylar was handling witness duties like a champ and despite the craziness stay cool under pressure! :cool:

I am sure i am forgetting some other boardies I saw.

It was great running into everyone!

I only got 2 quick sketches on covers. but also got a few commissions and pages and added 2 more sketches to my jam. I will post some up when i get back in town this weekend.

I apologize to anyone who was looking for Brian this weekend. I did indeed drag him away to eat and drink. Sorry guys. :(

I set two sketches up for NYCC and got the following:

First is OA and an 11x14

OA - JG Jones - Shi:B,W+Red 1 pg 8

Jones-Shi-BWRedIssue1pg8.jpg

Catwoman by Joseph Michael Linsner 11x14

zzcatcomCatwoman-JosephMichaelLinsner.jpg

Sketch Covers

Cary Nord - Conan and Red Sonja

NordConanRedSonja.jpg

JG Jones - Red Sonja JonesRedSonja.jpg

It was nice meeting you yesterday.

Awesome stuff! JG Jones is great and that Linsner is amazing!

Brian, Eton, C-Raider, and SecretSon all had some seriously nice books. (worship)

Also had a chance to see Bill busting out some great stuff.

the CGC booth was crazy on Saturday. MrMylar was handling witness duties like a champ and despite the craziness stay cool under pressure! :cool:

I am sure i am forgetting some other boardies I saw.

It was great running into everyone!

I only got 2 quick sketches on covers. but also got a few commissions and pages and added 2 more sketches to my jam. I will post some up when i get back in town this weekend.

Great to finally meet you. Sorry about your hotel imploding!

I posted a thread in OA. Didn't think to look in here.

Here's a recap:

What I wanted most: A Walter Simonson sketch of Thor.

SimonsonThorSketch.jpg

Mark Morales take on Thor:

MarkMoralesThor.jpg

Brendan & Brian Fraim: Black Widow

FraimBrothersBlackWidow.jpg

Randy Kintz - Baroness as Black Widow:

RandyKintzBaronessBlackWidow.jpg

Mike Morrocco - Wolverine:

MikeMorroccoWolverine.jpg

Greg Horn - Black Widow:

GregHornBlackWidow.jpg

Greg Horn - Wolverine:

GregHornWolverine.jpg

Since I _patiently_ waited in line first for Walter Simonson, I didn't get on Larry Hama's sketch list until number 28. He said there was no way he'd get that many done -- AND I wasn't going to be there on Sunday anyhow. Luckily, I had a friend going on Sunday and he checked with Larry, who gave him this:

LarryHamaDestro.jpg

I have one more coming from SL Gallant, but I haven't seen it yet. I was only able to go to the con on Saturday. I had a buddy pick it up from him on Sunday... He says it's great.

I'll share too.

Any G.I. Joe fans out there???

This is with CGC now getting the Signature Series treatment. Thank you Steve and Mike for taking care of me!

"Firefly" by Eric Henson. :cloud9:

FireflybyEricHansen-1.jpg

11x17 "Firefly" by SL Gallant (G.I. Joe ARAH artist). :cloud9:

FireflybySLGallant.jpg

Instead of getting the classic "Fastball Special" of Colossus throwing Wolverine, I've started a theme of getting independent comic creators to drawn their own characters doing the "Fastball Special." So far I've got one from Jeff Smith (Bone), Charles Paul Wilson III (Stuff of Legend), and now Eric Powell. The Jeff Smith & CPW III were on sketch covers, but I decided to go bigger for this one.

11x17 "Fastball Special" with The Goon & Frankie by Eric Powell.

GoonFastballSpecial-1.jpg

Since I _patiently_ waited in line first for Walter Simonson, I didn't get on Larry Hama's sketch list until number 28. He said there was no way he'd get that many done -- AND I wasn't going to be there on Sunday anyhow. Luckily, I had a friend going on Sunday and he checked with Larry, who gave him this:

LarryHamaDestro.jpg

I have one more coming from SL Gallant, but I haven't seen it yet. I was only able to go to the con on Saturday. I had a buddy pick it up from him on Sunday... He says it's great.

Guess that answers my question if there are other Joe fans! lol

That's a great Destro! (thumbs u I got a Snake-Eyes from Hama. I was number 3.

What character did you request from Gallant? As you can see from mine he does an amazing job! Please post a pic when you get it!

Highlight of the con was meeting Greedo! Nice to meet you Josh!

Thanks Mike! For those of you who have never met Mike, he is as laid-back and as easy going as it gets and can handle some business at the same time. Great guy to talk to. (thumbs u

Great to finally meet you. Sorry about your hotel imploding!

Great to meet you too Brian! Despite the Hotel debacle, I was able complete my biggest goal of getting a Simonson Head sketch of Odin (thanks to some great timing by MrMylar). All is right with the world! :cloud9:

I'll share too.

Any G.I. Joe fans out there???

This is with CGC now getting the Signature Series treatment. Thank you Steve and Mike for taking care of me!

"Firefly" by Eric Henson. :cloud9:

FireflybyEricHansen-1.jpg

11x17 "Firefly" by SL Gallant (G.I. Joe ARAH artist). :cloud9:

FireflybySLGallant.jpg

Instead of getting the classic "Fastball Special" of Colossus throwing Wolverine, I've started a theme of getting independent comic creators to drawn their own characters doing the "Fastball Special." So far I've got one from Jeff Smith (Bone), Charles Paul Wilson III (Stuff of Legend), and now Eric Powell. The Jeff Smith & CPW III were on sketch covers, but I decided to go bigger for this one.

11x17 "Fastball Special" with The Goon & Frankie by Eric Powell.

GoonFastballSpecial-1.jpg

Wow, those Firefly sketches are awesome! :applause: I think he's the coolest looking character from the Cobra side, and it's great to see someone else give him his due! (thumbs u

I had a relatively small haul from Baltimore, but I definitely loved how each of my sketches/commissions turned out. I got a Wolverine head sketch from John Romita Jr at the Hero Initiative Booth, a Cap vs Snake Eyes from Finch, and a Gambit and Rogue piece by Mike Choi.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=135310

What character did you request from Gallant? As you can see from mine he does an amazing job! Please post a pic when you get it!

I asked him to do a full-figure ink/grey wash of Destro and The Baroness.

I'll put it up here as soon as I get a picture of it.

Ryan