• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHERE THE F*** ARE THOSE BALTIMORE SKETCHES?

230 posts in this topic

Thanks guys

Over the years I witnessed J. G. Jones create materpieces for friends and other convention patrons. I said to myself....... " self you need a Jones masterpiece also"

With this being said I was the first in line for Jones this Baltimore. I gave him a choice of two characters Dr. Doom or Super-Man . Doom was Jones's choice and boy am I glad.

this was my main goal for Baltimore everything else was secondary.

goal Achieved :grin:

J.G. Jones Dr. Doom

7978022306_908cae64cb_z.jpg

IMAG0238-1-1 by C-Raider1, on Flickr

I know I don’t normally get sketch covers or post the ones I have, but I always try to get some original art or just something “original” in general from every show I do. I may have broke the mold this time.

As a wedding present, my wife got me the whole “VIP Gold” thing with Stan Lee at Baltimore Con this past week, and what I wanted signed got waaaayyy out of hand. lol

I took my Copy of “Seduction of the Innocent” (as well as some other books) for Stan to sign and not only did he, but so did the whole panel. The result was about a 45 minute appetizer and drinks with Stan and some others discussing the book and what it meant to the industry. The word of the book got around and led to a bit of fallout for the rest of the show.

It’s now signed by:

Stan Lee, Herbe Trimpe, Louise Simonson, Walt Simonson, Larry Hama, Frank Cho, Bernie Wrightson, Tom Raney, JG. Jones, Koi Pham, Mike Lilly, Chris Uminga, Dan Nokes, Barry Kitson, Charles P. Wilson III, Mark Morales, Cully Hamner, Mark Buckingham, Mark Waid, Roger Stern, Mark Wheatly, Dan Parent, Steve Conley, Joe Rubenstein, Kevin Magruire, Eric Larson, Jerry Gaylord, Penelope Gaylord, Billy Tucci, David Mack, Jim Califiore, Eric Powell, David Peterson, Dan Didio, Brian Pulido, Matt Wagner, Brian Stefreeze, Stewert Sayger, Jim Starlin, Randy Green, Mike Wolfer, Cary Nord, Sean Chen, Bernard Chang, Neal Adams, David Finch, Gene Ha, Jose Villarubia, Frank Quitely, Cliff Chiang, Ryan Sohmer, and Daniel Govar.

With Sketches by:

Quackers by CP Wilson, “Frankenstein” by Wheatly, “Naked female figure” by Frank Cho, “An eye being gouged” by Wrightson, “Mouse Guard” by Peterson, “Large ” by Powell, “Evil Ernie” by Pulido, “Robin blowing Batman” by Wagner, “Batman” by Sayger, “Thanos” by Starlin, “sexy lady” by Green, “Wonder Woman” by Chiang, “Man with Severed Head” by Nord, “Dog f**king Batman’s shoulder” by Gene Ha, “Small by Quitely, “DSLs” by P. Gaylord.

So yeah…. If Stan Lee signing “Seduction of the innocent” weren’t ironic enough, this things is a piece of history now, especiialy with everyone treating it like a high school yearbook and the inappropriateness that that intales. It will be joining me at Va. Comic Con this weekend where the list will grow and grow. I’ve had some insane offers for it already…. I suppose everything has a price though right? Maybe if the right price comes along… ;)

@LloyedJBailey: I would scan in the many pages and post them, but seriously.... between Frank Cho's naked lady, varous penises strewn throughout, and Wagner's Robin blowing Batman... I can't really post any of the pages here without violating some sort of rules concerning "appropriate material"(s).

If you really do wanna see'em though, send me a private message with your email and I'll show you that way. But if you're easily offended, I'd skip it. this thing is now truly one of a kind and a really good example of legendary artists and writers acting like un-leashed children.

lol.

Black Cat by Dooney

IMG_6394.jpg

Dooney did this for me before the show on a 10x13 . My first OA request. Looks a lot better in person!

IMG_6403.jpg

Spiderman by Bob McLeod. I asked for a Spiderman crawling on a wall with the spidey symbol behind him and got this! Couldn't be happier!

IMG_6396.jpg

Venom, Finch. It only took about 4 hours waiting in line Sunday starting at 9:30am.

IMG_6395.jpg

I didn't have a good experience with him either. At Baltimore I got on his list Saturday morning. By Sunday afternoon he never started it because he forgot to write down my character choice. He spent the rest of the day finishing the Black Knight sketch for Rich. That wasn't done until after the con was over. So my sketch never got done. :(