• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi I just bought this book. What do you thInk it would grade and was it a deal?

29 posts in this topic

So the seller told me pages are off white but no creases, tears or anything missing in the book. This is the link to the book on eBay. Sorry I don't have scans yet as book is in transit. I hope I got a good deal on this book!

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=140843263073&index=14&nav=WATCHING&nid=71267956080

Thanks for your patience in that I didn't post a scan but I am not yet proficient in grading but once I am I will be posting my opinions on books in the future to return the favor!

From the scan I'll go 6.0, but I could go .5 higher or lower really depending on what's going on at the bottom where the black bar is, it looks pretty rough at the 'B' in beware. I really don't know weather or not you got a deal.

Are you looking for validation on whether you got a "good deal" on the Iron Man 55 you just purchased? You should have asked BEFORE you started bidding I think.

I'm posting the scans taken directly from the auction.

IMO, with all the visable wear and defects on the front and back covers, CGC would grade this either a 6.0 or 6.5 at best?

The "vets" here will chime in hopefully.

Z-IronMan55Front.jpg

Z-IronMan55Back.jpg

Also, with regards to whether you got a "good deal" at $192.50 for this comic book, perhaps someone who has GSA can let you know what an Iron Man 55 in either 6.0 or 6.5 grade is trending at?

I can't go fn for this. Looks more like 4.5-5.0 for me. I would be worried about the staining, maybe water damaged and that would drop the grade for me.

Welcome to the boards.

Is that what's along the bottom edge of the BC?

I can't go fn for this. Looks more like 4.5-5.0 for me. I would be worried about the staining, maybe water damaged and that would drop the grade for me.

Welcome to the boards.

Stain that bothers me the most shows on the front cover above the issue #55 and also on the back cover at the what appears to be the same location. Looks to me like a water stain through the entire book. Hope it's not though.

Welcome to the boards.

Stain that bothers me the most shows on the front cover above the issue #55 and also on the back cover at the what appears to be the same location. Looks to me like a water stain through the entire book. Hope it's not though.

Hmm when I saw that I hoped it was printers ink just because on the BC pic you can see the pages are dark. :wishluck:

Welcome to the boards.

Out of curiosity, what does a 4.5 or 5.0 graded copy of Iron Man go for?

I think the OP may have gotten a good deal after all.

Welcome to the boards.

Hmm when I saw that I hoped it was printers ink just because on the BC pic you can see the pages are dark. :wishluck:

Hope you're right.

Welcome to the boards.

6.0 recently sold for $400. 90 day average is just over $200.

5.0 recently sold for just over $200. 90 day average is $120

4.0 sold in March for $77. No recent sales to reflect the price jump this book is experiencing.

6.0 recently sold for $400. 90 day average is just over $200.

5.0 recently sold for just over $200. 90 day average is $120

4.0 sold in March for $77. No recent sales to reflect the price jump this book is experiencing.

This a VERY helpful information, and I'm certain the OP as well as many others here appreciate you taking the time to research and post this. kidu.gif

This issue is currently over-valued in my opinion. Too much hype is driving the price up.

Did you get a great deal? Not in my opinion. The question is this: did you get a solid deal?

Maybe.

Looks like a 4.5 or a 5.0 to me.