• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever had a comic...

39 posts in this topic

Have you ever had a comic that never comes up for sale...finally come up for sale in an auction?

The last copy that you know of sold years and years ago for a fair price and you think you're going to finally pick up a decent looking low/mid grade copy for a steal.

Then with 20 minutes left to go the vultures start to show their faces and mark their territory all over the price of the book you want.

PS. Whoever wins it, I hate you. :facepalm:

No - but I had a book I'd been looking for for six years, and never seen a copy anywhere...., that I bought out of paratroopers sell off thread :cloud9:

Have you ever had a comic that never comes up for sale...finally come up for sale in an auction?

The last copy that you know of sold years and years ago for a fair price and you think you're going to finally pick up a decent looking low/mid grade copy for a steal.

Then with 20 minutes left to go the vultures start to show their faces and mark their territory all over the price of the book you want.

That seems to be the case with every comic I want that's not dollar bin fodder :sorry:

LOST TV show made the comic infamous

if you want to blame someone...

blame them???

:baiting:

Doesn't mean I can't want a copy on the cheap. :(

LOST TV show made the comic infamous

if you want to blame someone...

blame them???

:baiting:

Doesn't mean I can't want a copy on the cheap. :(

Unless I am totally wrong this book doesn't have a significant Gerber rating

so you will find it. Whether or not it is cheap depends on who is napping.

:foryou:

It's kind of weird but I am almost seeing the opposite of this scenario

for BA and late SA hard to find books...

There was one time where Cap 117 was considered a tough book to find in grade

now you see them all over the place.

And the same can be said for Strange Adventures 205 in grade. A few years ago

it was a challenge and this year I bet I have had over a half dozen opportunities

to get this book over CGC 8.0 and not be jilted by highway prices.

A good friend told me a few years ago that there is no need to over pay for a book

that isn't recognized in the gerber journals no matter how rumored of a rare book people

say, because you will find over and over and over again...

Last MCS sale was three years ago. If it was a book I wanted, I don't think $140 was all that much. As I pretty much stick to pre-1965 Marvels, I don't run into books that have one sale every three years. Almost every book I want is sold daily, if not hourly.

With that said, I did win the coverless Captain Marvel Jr #1 tonite. Thats a book you hardly ever see in that condition.

This is one of them...Double covers, not a super big fan....but on 4 comics that I Have been wanting, well, they would be prizes!!..It will be hard for something like this to come up again..my computer froze in the last ten seconds of the bidding :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120971208342?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

This is one of them...Double covers, not a super big fan....but on 4 comics that I Have been wanting, well, they would be prizes!!..It will be hard for something like this to come up again..my computer froze in the last ten seconds of the bidding :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120971208342?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Wow that is cool.

Not sure why you're so bent out of shape. You know eBay has evolved into a "sniper's paradise." If you can't beat them, join them. Or make your maximum bid the higest price you're willing to pay and hope the other bidders don't pass you by! If it's a comic book you "really" want and is indeed scarce, be prepared to go to the hips for it.

sniper.jpg

Not sure why you're so bent out of shape. You know eBay has evolved into a "sniper's paradise." If you can't beat them, join them. Or make your maximum bid the higest price you're willing to pay and hope the other bidders don't pass you by! If it's a comic book you "really" want and is indeed scarce, be prepared to go to the hips for it.

sniper.jpg

But it just hurts when you really want it, it is indeed scarce, and there's only one other person on the planet who wants it, and he seems to want it more than you lol