• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,594 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jkelly said:

Yes. I used CCS in October of last year and didn't get my books back until March and within that time I submitted my January box that you and I have been comparing times. I have now switched to this guy based in Los Angeles: https://www.cscspressing.com/ . Since switching to him I've had 3 boxes lap my January shipment (and probably a few more before all is said and done). He's relatively cheap - 10 bucks a book, 10% discount every 10 books submitted, 20% for 20 books submitted and he turns books around in 2-3 weeks. 

He's gotten me a better 9.8 return than when I went through CCS, so I cant complain. CGC still hasn't started unboxing from the date they announced the rate change so I feel like I whacked the CCS wait mole, but CGC is going to be a problem once we really see what that backlog is.

Brent/Karen over at CSCS are good people! Very quick turnarounds for books, and is always honest/upfront about whether the press will really help or not. Also like being able to meet-up with them and hand the books off vs mailing them if you're in southern California.

3 minutes ago, Aarrow108 said:

Brent/Karen over at CSCS are good people! Very quick turnarounds for books, and is always honest/upfront about whether the press will really help or not. Also like being able to meet-up with them and hand the books off vs mailing them if you're in southern California.

Ill give them a try when I get a chance. I'm also renewing my membership here :banana:

10 minutes ago, Aarrow108 said:

I wish I was lol, I'm east coast in Pa

58 minutes ago, Point Five said:

A new signing was announced 15+ minutes ago. Get with it, man!  :busy: 

46 minutes ago, DocSaum said:

I came here for the same thing. Leaving disappointed. :fear:

40 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I think he's got a backlog of signings to post. He's now posting signings announced the week of April 19th.

:news:

FUNNYBOOKS CGC In HOUSE SIGNING Update

Posted on 6/9/2021

Funnybooks apologizes for any delays that customers experienced when recently reading the  current turn around rates at CGC thread

When planning to update our services , Funnybooks decided to give readers a full week to complete reading the thread, and then another 30 days for follow-up comments or reactions. Our objective was to provide sufficient advance notice of the update notification changes before they went into effect.

The vast majority of CGC members were able to successfully complete their jeers, but many reported that the process was too slow, and there were too many errors. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. We were prepared for a significant surge in volumes — and we had programming staff constantly monitoring the form for any outages — but the online forum still became slow under the stress of unprecedented demand.

Although we will not be extending the time for members to read all the old remarks, CGC members who completed their reading prior to April 28, 2021, will now have until June 28, 2021 to abuse Funnybooks  and still qualify for reactions of all kinds from all CgC forum members. In other words, if your reading and constructive criticism was completed on April 27, it will still qualify for the old reactions as long as the reactions were delivered to the thread by June 28.

This extension will allow our staff to send words of encouragement to everyone who needs them as well as send the moderators to those members who did not receive them and are deserving of pernts.

Funnybooks holds itself to the highest standards and strives to provide the best possible services to our members and the hobby. We regret that our online thread update fell short of those standards over the last couple of days. We will continue to invest time, energy and resources to improve our services and the customer experience.

The recent surge in the popularity of collecting has created numerous available positions within CGC and its affiliate companies such as Funnybooks. If you or someone you know is interested in a career in this fast-growing market, please consider applying at collectiblesgroup.com/careers/you'renotfunny. If you are hired and start by June 30, 2021, you may be eligible for a $.02 sign-on bonus (ask for details).

3 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

:news:

FUNNYBOOKS CGC In HOUSE SIGNING Update

Posted on 6/9/2021

Funnybooks apologizes for any delays that customers experienced when recently reading the  current turn around rates at CGC thread

When planning to update our services , Funnybooks decided to give readers a full week to complete reading the thread, and then another 30 days for follow-up comments or reactions. Our objective was to provide sufficient advance notice of the update notification changes before they went into effect.

The vast majority of CGC members were able to successfully complete their jeers, but many reported that the process was too slow, and there were too many errors. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. We were prepared for a significant surge in volumes — and we had programming staff constantly monitoring the form for any outages — but the online forum still became slow under the stress of unprecedented demand.

Although we will not be extending the time for members to read all the old remarks, CGC members who completed their reading prior to April 28, 2021, will now have until June 28, 2021 to abuse Funnybooks  and still qualify for reactions of all kinds from all CgC forum members. In other words, if your reading and constructive criticism was completed on April 27, it will still qualify for the old reactions as long as the reactions were delivered to the thread by June 28.

This extension will allow our staff to send words of encouragement to everyone who needs them as well as send the moderators to those members who did not receive them and are deserving of pernts.

Funnybooks holds itself to the highest standards and strives to provide the best possible services to our members and the hobby. We regret that our online thread update fell short of those standards over the last couple of days. We will continue to invest time, energy and resources to improve our services and the customer experience.

The recent surge in the popularity of collecting has created numerous available positions within CGC and its affiliate companies such as Funnybooks. If you or someone you know is interested in a career in this fast-growing market, please consider applying at collectiblesgroup.com/careers/you'renotfunny. If you are hired and start by June 30, 2021, you may be eligible for a $.02 sign-on bonus (ask for details).

I'm getting my CGC resume together.  It will take some time because I have to copy/paste every thread comment I made in the past three and a half years.  :slapfight::insane:

9 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Will our reaction Turn Around Times start when the posts are delivered or after they have been received by all parties involved?

On 6/8/2021 at 11:27 AM, Ninja0215 said:

How long does it stay at ccs after you're billed?

Finally got a response from customer service on this. The guy I talked to claims after you are charged by CCS it is 5 WEEKS before its moved back to cgc. (: