• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,110 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Sorry, it’s been years since my last CGC submission. I’ve got some books in for reholder now. They’ve been there since the first week of May without having been entered into their system.

the below image is a screen grab from CGC, and it says the reholder turn around time is approximately 63 days.

is this 63 days from the day the books were initially delivered to CGC? Or 63 days from when cgc finally opens the box and checks in my books?  Please just kill me now if it’s the latter.

74504E51-A39C-43A3-9CCB-F86521A1FD09.png

Unfortunately, the later. I feel your pain.

So my $10 per book for fast track is down to only trimming a couple weeks off the time.  Do you think I have any chance of getting them to not charge the fast track fee and have the books go the regular route if the package delivered 6 weeks ago is still not checked in yet?  

I've decided to not send in the other two batches of 25 books that I got printed out prior to the price change.  None of the books are huge big ticket books and waiting 4 or 5 months is just not worth it.  Especially since I don't know how tight grading is.  If the results are good from my 1st batch I may send in some more at the higher price.

Edited by 1Cool

Crikey... I've got some movement...

Modern Slow + CCS (25 books)

Delivered : 3/15

Received : 4/7

Modern Slow + CCS (25 books)

Modern Slow + CCS (25 books)

Modern Slow + CCS (24 books)

Modern Slow + CCS (20 books)

Modern Slow (5 books)

Delivered :  3/15

Received :   4/7

SFG : 4/8

Graded/QC : 6/14

Modern Slow + Prescreen (25 books)

Delivered :  3/15

Received :   4/7

SFG : 4/8

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

So my $10 per book for fast track is down to only trimming a couple weeks off the time.  Do you think I have any chance of getting them to not charge the fast track fee and have the books go the regular route if the package delivered 6 weeks ago is still not checked in yet?  

I've decided to not send in the other two batches of 25 books that I got printed out prior to the price change.  None of the books are huge big ticket books and waiting 4 or 5 months is just not worth it.  Especially since I don't know how tight grading is.  If the results are good from my 1st batch I may send in some more at the higher price.

No chance. 

4 minutes ago, Gaard said:
4 hours ago, ak47po said:

Are you absolutely sure about that?

ikr (shrug)

@GreatCaesarsGhost My experience it is upon delivery :foryou: 

it "may" vary though so idk

15 hours ago, Fisionbomb said:

The 3.0 in all its "glory"...

20210612_203952.jpg

Hey @Fisionbombjust a sanity check here…can you tell us that your Hulk 340 matches at lease 50% of this description from Go Collect for a G/VG copy

3.0 (GD/VG)
Good/Very Good. A used comic book showing some substantial wear. Cover shows significant wear, and may be loose or even detached at one staple. Cover reflectivity is very low. Can have a book-length crease and/or dimples. Corners may be blunted or even rounded. Discoloration, fading, foxing, and even minor to moderate soiling is allowed. A triangle from 1/4" to 1/2" can be missing out of the corner or edge; a missing 1/8" to 1/4" square is also acceptable. Tape and other amateur repair may be present. Moderate spine roll likely. May have a spine split of anywhere from 1" to 1-1/2". Staples may be rusted or replaced. Minor to moderate staple tears and moderate stress lines may be present, as well as some rust migration. Paper is brown but not brittle. Centerfold may be loose or detached at one staple. Minor to moderate interior tears may be present.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

It’s now $15 for fast track 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ikr (shrug)

@GreatCaesarsGhost My experience it is upon delivery :foryou: 

it "may" vary though so idk

Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today. Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. Due to high submission volumes, there may be a delay in opening incoming packages. Certain grading tiers are currently experiencing significant delays.

6 hours ago, ak47po said:

30 minutes ago, ak47po said:

Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today. Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. Due to high submission volumes, there may be a delay in opening incoming packages. Certain grading tiers are currently experiencing significant delays.

exactly, but for some reason you said it was when the open to be received, by your own quote of what cgc said it's when it is delivered....

which we were correcting your initial statement..... for @GreatCaesarsGhost so thank you for correcting? (shrug) anyway :tink: 

Believe it or not.....

Economy magazine 2 book sub

Received 3/17

Is now sfg 6/14

It'll still probably will be while so hope I remember the sfg date

I dont recall if it w was delivered 3 weeks earlier than received, I want to say that it was received right away but I forget

2 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Why clean and press this book?  ???

Because it was wavy AF, and dirty, needed to get it clean(er) and flat so it would present better when encapsulated. Regarding why I wanted those things: Because it's special to me, lots of sentiment. (As I said before, grade wasn't really a concern)

And since "Why not by a better raw, or a high grade slab?" is coming from someone soon I'm sure, I'll pre/re-answer. This one is MINE, special to me, lots of sentiment, no intention to sell.