• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, BrntWS6 said:

Really?....mine were delivered, then SFG a month later.  That's why I figured their clock started when received.

It starts when delivered :foryou: 

per the website That's also what CGC has stated over the phone, and I got that from several Reps when calling not just one, they had made an announcement of such a long time ago, but I couldn't tell you where anymore

Scroll below to see the CGC grading and CCS pressing tiers and services available to CGC Collectors Society members for direct submissions to CGC in the United States. Not a member? Learn more>

A $5 handling fee per invoice applies to all online submissions, and an $8 handling fee per invoice applies to all paper submissions.

Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today. Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. Due to high submission volumes, there may be a delay in opening incoming packages. Certain grading tiers are currently experiencing significant delays.

First time submitter, I opted for pressing for my books and I'm wondering if there's actually a "CCS" status? The status explanations are kinda vague about it:

Status Explanations

Received / CCS

The submitted collectibles have been counted and entered in CGC’s computer system along with the submitter information, submission date and requested service. If there are multiple tiers of service, the collectibles have been separated by tier of service.

Will my order jump from "Received" straight to "Scheduled for Grading" or do they go through a "CCS" status first? Sorry to hijack the thread, but it is ultimately related to turn-around-times...

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 03/23/21
Received 04/17/21
Scheduled For Grading 04/17/21
Grading/QC 06/22/21
Shipped 06/23/21
49 Business Days from Received to Shipped
Nice grades (44) 9.8, (3) 9.6, (2) 9.4 and (1) 9.0 (with no Graded Notes)

Delivered 04/01/21
Received 04/29/21

Delivered 04/15/21
Received 05/25/21
Scheduled For Grading 05/25/21

Delivered 04/26/21
Received 06/08/21
Scheduled For Grading 06/08/21

Delivered 05/04/21

Delivered 05/18/21

Delivered 06/01/21

Delivered 06/09/21

Delivered 06/18/21

27 minutes ago, zypher said:

First time submitter, I opted for pressing for my books and I'm wondering if there's actually a "CCS" status? The status explanations are kinda vague about it:

Will my order jump from "Received" straight to "Scheduled for Grading" or do they go through a "CCS" status first? Sorry to hijack the thread, but it is ultimately related to turn-around-times...

It goes to "received" when at ccs, it'll get a "new received date" under submission tracking when it gets to cgc for grading, then sfg, then grading/qc/, then shipped :) 

2 hours ago, BrntWS6 said:

Really?....mine were delivered, then SFG a month later.  That's why I figured their clock started when received.

Clock starts the moment the UPS, Fedex, or USPS driver hands your box to CGC, and the scan is registered. 

Hope that helps

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It goes to "received" when at ccs, it'll get a "new received date" under submission tracking when it gets to cgc for grading...

Perfect, this is exactly what I was looking for thanks!

I'm not a seller, I'm a holder, so the turnaround isn't SUPER important to me. I'm patient but still eagerly awaiting any updates and get worried everytime I see the turnaround slip again...

12 minutes ago, DINGER033 said:

Still no movement on my book signed by Miller in SFG since 5/12. Ever time I look the TAT get longer, 160 working days ?. But I thought with a SS book they were supposed to be shorter?

My Eastman has the same received date, when it got back from pressing. It was signed on April 14th....

In the second batch, I've already received one non magazine book back from that signing

This last magazine was delivered in December and signed on April 14th still is sfg....

They say they still have the book and processing so idk

On 6/22/2021 at 4:05 PM, lotofsilver said:

Yes, I have a prescreen received the same day and something is definitely not right. I've called twice and emailed once in the past week and been told that mine were sent for grading on 3/5, that it shouldn't be taking this long, that they will put out an apb and get it moving. That they will follow-up with me.

No one has followed up. 

At this point there is almost no doubt in my mind that the submission is either lost or damaged seeing as my 2/11 and 3/5 prescreens have all been back to me for some time now. 

You are correct.  They were damaged.  

CGC is trying to send one of the invoices back to me as all rejects, with graders notes of "bad press".  I did not submit these books to be sent to CCS.  I am the original owner of all the books.  I have never pressed a book in my life or had a book pressed, period.

I am not letting them get away with it.

1 hour ago, CKB said:

You are correct.  They were damaged.  

CGC is trying to send one of the invoices back to me as all rejects, with graders notes of "bad press".  I did not submit these books to be sent to CCS.  I am the original owner of all the books.  I have never pressed a book in my life or had a book pressed, period.

I am not letting them get away with it.

Mine ended up shipping out OK so definitely wasn't a global thing with the 1/12 submissions. 23/25 hit the 9.8.

Batch of 25 modern fast-track prescreen - And now the fun starts

Shipped 4/29/21

Delivered 5/3/21

Received 6/24/21

SFG 6/24/21

Edited by 1Cool

Does anyone use the delivery tracking tool on CGC? The one where you input the tracking number to see if they’ve taken possession of the box from USPS not the one based on invoice that they actually opened the box? If so how long between when the USPS says it was delivered until when it showed up as delivered thru this tool?

Anyone have a regular Modern Pre-Screen submission (no Fast Track) entered as "Received" on/before 3/25/2021 that they are still waiting on? Seems like most people did Fast Track based on all the updates I've seen. Hoping to see if they are working their way towards mine, or if it might have been skipped (because we all know FIFO is a lie...)