• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

They are now "opening submissions delivered the week of May 3rd":facepalm:

That's so long ago.

I sent in 2 separate submissions, both about a month ago.  It's really disheartening to know they were delivered, but to not see them posted on my submissions page.  I don't think that's a good business practice on their part cuz it creates anxiety for the customer.  I would rather have the piece of mind seeing my submission has been received even if the TATs are way higher.

Edited by gadzukes

15 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

They are now "opening submissions delivered the week of May 3rd":facepalm:

That's so long ago.

I sent in 2 separate submissions, both about a month ago.  It's really disheartening to know they were delivered, but to not see them posted on my submissions page.  I don't think that's a good business practice on their part cuz it creates anxiety for the customer.  I would rather have the piece of mind seeing my submission has been received even if the TATs are way higher.

You think it’s anxiety inducing to see them marked as delivered but not show up on the submissions page? Mine don’t even say that. They straight up just sent me an email saying they don’t know if they have my 75 book submission or not because it wasn’t scanned in on delivery or the scan “did not register” but that it’s probably there somewhere in the warehouse and just to wait 30 more business days and see if it is found. And this was said very much in the tone that this is commonplace for them, basically said that they get thousands of books a day and implied this is a normal screw up. 

When you say it’s not a good business practice of course it’s not. But they also know that they dominate the market share and do not care. This is the problem when you have relatively no competition. I’m pretty sure if I sent in a watch to some place to get cleaned that was worth 10’s of thousands like the contents of my submission I’d not have them tell me they don’t know where it is but they probably have it. Why? Because that’s a crazy thing to tell a customer particularly when your customers can just go elsewhere in the future.

6 - Value FT (Econ. FT TAT - 91 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Exp.) - 06/17/21 
  • Received - 06/18/21
  • SFG - 06/18/21
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

12 - Modern (TAT - 89 days)

• Received - 06/18/21
  • SFG - 06/18/21
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

25 - Modern Prescreen (TAT - 94 + 25 = 109 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Gr.) - 06/23/21 confirmed
  • Received - ??
  • SFG - ??
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??
Edited by ChrispyC66

13 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

6 - Value FT (Econ. FT TAT - 91 days)

• Received - 06/18/21
  • SFG - 06/18/21
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

12 - Modern (TAT - 89 days)

• Received - 06/18/21
  • SFG - 06/18/21
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

25 - Modern Prescreen (TAT - 94 + 25 = 109 days)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Gr.) - 06/23/21 confirmed
  • Received - ??
  • SFG - ??
  • G/QC - ??
  • F/I/S - ??
  • Delivered - ??

Crazy that your shipment was opened and SFG already :whatthe:

I sent mine Fed Ex Express (delivered 6/14) too and it hasn't been touched yet. I have Value, Standard, Economy and Modern in mine

Edited by Barth

Hi everyone, quick question.  Has anyone had any experience with G/QC taking more than a month?  I had some books enter the GQC stage on 5/26 and they still haven't shipped.  Its never taken longer than 3 or 4 business days in the past for my other submissions to go onto finalized.  Thanks for any insight.

I also had some books received yesterday that went straight to "scheduled for grading" from received.  I wonder if that's their new s.o.p.

Edited by thingsofstuff
Spelling

51 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

You think it’s anxiety inducing to see them marked as delivered but not show up on the submissions page? Mine don’t even say that. 

Mine are stated as "delivered" by my USPS confirmation #, not by anything that CGC has written anywhere.

Has your submission not been confirmed by USPS or FedEx or whatever shipper you used?

27 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Mine are stated as "delivered" by my USPS confirmation #, not by anything that CGC has written anywhere.

Has your submission not been confirmed by USPS or FedEx or whatever shipper you used?

Yes, but if you go to the My Submissions page and below the submission look up is a spot called confirm package delivery where you can enter in your tracking number. If CGC scanned your package when they took possession of it it should show up. If they didn’t (like mine) then it will not.

43 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Yes, but if you go to the My Submissions page and below the submission look up is a spot called confirm package delivery where you can enter in your tracking number. If CGC scanned your package when they took possession of it it should show up. If they didn’t (like mine) then it will not.

Gotcha.  I didn't know about that.  I just checked both of mine thru that and they're both delivered.  

If your delivery conf # shows "delivered" thru the USPS site, but not thru the CGC site..... then yes, that would cause anxiety.

20 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Gotcha.  I didn't know about that.  I just checked both of mine thru that and they're both delivered.  

If your delivery conf # shows "delivered" thru the USPS site, but not thru the CGC site..... then yes, that would cause anxiety.

Yup. 

3 hours ago, thingsofstuff said:

Hi everyone, quick question.  Has anyone had any experience with G/QC taking more than a month?  I had some books enter the GQC stage on 5/26 and they still haven't shipped.  Its never taken longer than 3 or 4 business days in the past for my other submissions to go onto finalized.  Thanks for any insight.

I also had some books received yesterday that went straight to "scheduled for grading" from received.  I wonder if that's their new s.o.p.

It might mean that QC is actually doing their job and fixing something that wasn't correct, but it doesn't hurt to call them and check.  A month seems like a long time.

Yes once they check in your boxes it goes straight to SFG unless it gets transferred to CCS for pressing.

1 hour ago, SeanYork said:

It might mean that QC is actually doing their job and fixing something that wasn't correct, but it doesn't hurt to call them and check.  A month seems like a long time.

Yes once they check in your boxes it goes straight to SFG unless it gets transferred to CCS for pressing.

Took your advice and called ... CS rep said that it says "finalized" on his end and sent an inquiry.  It is a crossover from a grading service that shall not be named, so he said that they may have needed to change its status to move it along but wasn't sure. I might get an email on Monday.  ¯\_( ツ)_/¯

Is holding a book in the warehouse for 2 months the new standard? It's not showing up in my submissions and it was scanned in at the beginning of May.  Maybe this is the new way to speed up the turn around times?  Simply don't set the date for having received it until its out of the warehouse?  Two months seems a little ridiculous.  At this point should I contact customer service?

When should I start worrying about a book sent for CCS Fast Track that CGC marked received on April 6th but no updates since. That's getting close to 60 business days (more like 75 if the delivered to date counts for TAT). I don't remember what the exact TAT was for Fast Tracked pressing in early April, but I think it was less than 60 days and I've seen other members posting their CCS Fast Track books received a week or two after mine that were sent for grading already.

19 minutes ago, mshelton1984 said:

When should I start worrying about a book sent for CCS Fast Track that CGC marked received on April 6th but no updates since. That's getting close to 60 business days (more like 75 if the delivered to date counts for TAT). I don't remember what the exact TAT was for Fast Tracked pressing in early April, but I think it was less than 60 days and I've seen other members posting their CCS Fast Track books received a week or two after mine that were sent for grading already.

My Fast Track Economy books with no pressing were received 4/20 and just graded today. If yours included pressing that would definitely add to the wait... how much I'm not sure.

I read an interesting interview with head of Comics curating? Sales? of Heritage Auction covering boom in sales & prices. One of the things that stood out to me  is the off hand comment, "The auction results were led by a new “pedigree” collection called The Promise Collection, featuring nearly 5,000 comics..."    

Considering how there was a brief hiatus in InHouse Signings and TATs were still increasing, I honestly believe CGC put everything on hold to process the Promise Pedigree books and get them on block ASAP. Now that they (or bulk) have cleared, we can hopefully have rest of organization catch up. Fingers crossed.   

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robsalkowitz/2021/06/23/what-the-hell-is-going-on-in-the-collectible-comics-market/?sh=7d620db6307c

Sigh, apparently any request for any sort of clarification on an orders TAT is met with vagueness.

My order has been 'Scheduled for Grading' for awhile now (TMNT Eastman signing, received by CGC last December so thus far its been 6 months. Fast track). I called weeks ago and they said it is being graded and will 'be done soon', I then I saw no changes on my account submission so I reached out and emailed this week (and they answered within 1 business day) - the answer was that it will 'be finalized soon'. Asked exactly what that might mean (day? many days? weeks?) but never got a reply.