• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,097 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Petroman said:

I think they could also get a first-in-first-out (FIFO) working by tier/speed, e.g. Modern/Slow-Track, Modern/Fast-Track, etc.  But in the end, I guess it doesn't really matter -- it will take as long as it takes, and that time seems to be ever increasing.  Looking back it was just an epically bad move to raise their prices during a time where they were having major throughput problems.  All that did is exacerbate the problem but causing a flood of submissions before the update.  They may very well be stuck on opening boxes received the week of May 3rd for a very long time.  

IMO - The 4/28 changes were required for the purchase of the parent company. Count back 60 days from the public announcement of the purchase.

:idea:

9 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

IMO - The 4/28 changes were required for the purchase of the parent company. Count back 60 days from the public announcement of the purchase.

:idea:

A great observation, and you're probably right.  Still, the huge deluge of shipments around the 4/28 date has effectively seized up the grading machine.  I wonder how long they will be stuck on the week of 5/3.  And will the week of 5/10 be any faster?

I am just more upset at the idea that when I shipped my books it was mid June for the fast tracks and August for the regulars - now it's mid-sept for the fast tracks and nov for the regulars... turn around times may not be guaranteed but when they increase 3-4 fold thats unacceptable. People pay based on what they expect reasonably in return ...  

1 minute ago, greggy said:

I have 600 at @joeypostwaiting to be pressed and submitted and over 1000 books at home waiting to be prepped and submitted eventually.  And that doesn't include the books that I continually buy every week. 

Legen ...wait for it...dary!!!

Edited by Ninja0215

@Ninja0215 the last of my CCS books from January have been shipped today so hopefully you are right around the corner. One of my boxes from last week had some grades that bummed me out but the last of the batch (the one that had the big books) finished strong with some killer grades. Heres to hoping you get yours soon and you get some nice grades!

21 minutes ago, Jkelly said:

@Ninja0215 the last of my CCS books from January have been shipped today so hopefully you are right around the corner. One of my boxes from last week had some grades that bummed me out but the last of the batch (the one that had the big books) finished strong with some killer grades. Heres to hoping you get yours soon and you get some nice grades!

Thanks bro! Means a lot . Fingers crossed!! Mine still says CCS processing so I'm hoping that's a good sign!! btw , do you when you get charged if you drop off books at a show ?? I posted a thread about it and nobody replied lol

15 minutes ago, John Worley said:

Modern slow track I mean

I think they have barely just started opening May boxes. I have a box that was delivered May 12th that hasn't even been checked in yet. If its any indication of where they are at I have a Modern/Slow from April 1st that was finalized and mailed Friday.

1 hour ago, Ninja0215 said:

Thanks bro! Means a lot . Fingers crossed!! Mine still says CCS processing so I'm hoping that's a good sign!! btw , do you when you get charged if you drop off books at a show ?? I posted a thread about it and nobody replied lol

I unfortunately have yet to drop off at a show. It's probably the same toss up as mailing them in since I think you still fill the form out and put your credit card in online and just bring it to them to their booth.

1 minute ago, Jkelly said:

I unfortunately have yet to drop off at a show. It's probably the same toss up as mailing them in since I think you still fill the form out and put your credit card in online and just bring it to them to their booth.

Thanks man!! If they take as long to bill me as they did for my last order , I can drop off my whole collection there lol

4 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Thanks man!! If they take as long to bill me as they did for my last order , I can drop off my whole collection there lol

I try to map mine out so they are spaced out but CGC totally found a way to stick it to me. 2 weeks ago I got hit with charges for 8 orders at once spanning from January to late April stuff. The only one they consistently hold off on til the very end is Pre-screen submissions. Everything else is seemingly whenever they feel like it.

Edited by Jkelly

1 minute ago, Jkelly said:

I try to map mine out so they are spaced out but CGC totally found a way to stick it to me. 2 weeks ago I got hit with charges for 8 orders at once spanning from January to late April stuff. The only one they consistently hold off on til the very end is Pre-screen submissions. Everything else is seemingly whenever they feel like it.

Well there goes that dream lol

44 minutes ago, John Worley said:

Modern slow track I mean

Here are the latest books that have shipped for me.  So getting closer.

Delivered 04/01/21
Received 04/29/21
Scheduled For Grading 07/02/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 07/08/21
Grading/Quality Control 07/09/21
Shipped 07/09/21