• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Well like I said we have the power on the 1st level to slow CGC down.  Everyone stop submitting for 2 months.  Problem solved.

Once other submitters lay down their submissions I will do the same.

I haven't submitted any more books since end of April. I have a few books to send but have held off. Still debating whether to send them in or not as the difference between raw and graded is too high for the grades the books are in

19 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I haven't submitted any more books since end of April. I have a few books to send but have held off. Still debating whether to send them in or not as the difference between raw and graded is too high for the grades the books are in

100-125 each month for me.  Just sent in another 125 yesterday. 

1 hour ago, BrntWS6 said:

2 of them had notes of "pebbeling".  Which is assume are tiny dimples?  

improper pressing from moisture. Can be reversed from the likes of smarty pants Joey but his turn around times are just as bad as CGC's :hi:

12 hours ago, Gator Guru said:

Care to elaborate? Just curious as ai have seen people unhappy with grades recently and assuming there are grader notes that help understand why a harsh grade right?

On my final submission I had a few head scratchers in the 9.2/9.4 range with no grader notes (and even an 8.5).  Overall I wasn't too happy with the grades I got.  Hard to know if it's because of new grading staff, but I did feel that they were lower than I normally would see.  I'm done submitting to CGC until they can get their grading times into a more reasonable timeframe -- maybe below 50 days for Slow Modern.  Already turned off my auto renew for Elite membership that was due to be paid in September.  I'll likely try a few small submissions to CBCS to see how those turn out, both from grading and turn around time perspectives.

Edited by Petroman

20 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

I have a book in for Jim lee but that's my last submission here for awhile. I do have a lot of books I don't want to send anywhere else though. I want them in the capable hands of CGC. :headbang:

lol since we've talked about it in this thread and etc you mentioned it again...

My Jim Lee clocked in yesterday....

then 20 modern book slow no press

received 7/12/2021

the wait begins.... :tink: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol since we've talked about it in this thread and etc you mentioned it again...

My Jim Lee clocked in yesterday....

then 20 modern book 

received 7/12/2021

the wait begins.... :tink: 

I'm already in and charged , can't wait!!!! 

I have a lot of silver age books that I want CGC to grade. I know I won't see them until next year or so given the craziness here but honestly I trust them with these books. Plus, I know they wont charge until time of service so I can save a little lol 

On 7/8/2021 at 7:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm not sure that it may help but

Mags both economy and modern....

Delivered 2/24

Received/3/17

And as of today been about shy of 5 months....

Are at the new "Grading/encapsulation/image"

So I'm hoping soon, they weren't pressed or anything so (shrug)

well both economy and modern mags have been at the new status since last Thursday, understandable....

Still hoping for soon, and wanted to go back to see when I posted that they were at the "new status" :) 

1 Express, 3 Standard, 4 Economy Fast Track, 17 Modern

Delivered: 05/12

Confirmed: 05/14

Received:  07/14

SFG:       07/14

G/Q:       

Shipped:

2 months...40+ working days...that's penalty when they miss a box clearly marked EX. Thing is is that it's not the only one. Oh well.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” - Homer J. Simpson