• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,094 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Ninja0215 said:

I'm already in and charged , can't wait!!!! 

I have a lot of silver age books that I want CGC to grade. I know I won't see them until next year or so given the craziness here but honestly I trust them with these books. Plus, I know they wont charge until time of service so I can save a little lol 

My last shipment was not charged until it was graded and shipped.  This is a departure from how it was in the past where they charged you when it was received.  I think its best if they wait until they have processed the books, but have they stated anywhere that this is there new policy? 

I'm in a similar situation with a bunch of silver and bronze age books I'd like to grade.  Wish I had sent them in over the last several years, but can't change that now.  As to trusting them with books, I don't think I would want them holding too many of my books for an extended period of time.  I'm sure their warehouses are packed and they are also hiring many new people.  Not saying this is an opportunity for books to go missing, but I don't see this as a good combination.  I was at a small show a few weeks back where the guy had a ASM 361 graded 9.8.  Or so I thought until he pointed out that the book had the wrong label.  The grade was a 9.8 but it was for a different title (can't remember which). The book next to it had the label that was for the ASM 361 graded at 9.6.  That is a pretty major quality control issue if you ask me. 

4 minutes ago, Petroman said:

My last shipment was not charged until it was graded and shipped.  This is a departure from how it was in the past where they charged you when it was received.  I think its best if they wait until they have processed the books, but have they stated anywhere that this is there new policy? 

I'm in a similar situation with a bunch of silver and bronze age books I'd like to grade.  Wish I had sent them in over the last several years, but can't change that now.  As to trusting them with books, I don't think I would want them holding too many of my books for an extended period of time.  I'm sure their warehouses are packed and they are also hiring many new people.  Not saying this is an opportunity for books to go missing, but I don't see this as a good combination.  I was at a small show a few weeks back where the guy had a ASM 361 graded 9.8.  Or so I thought until he pointed out that the book had the wrong label.  The grade was a 9.8 but it was for a different title (can't remember which). The book next to it had the label that was for the ASM 361 graded at 9.6.  That is a pretty major quality control issue if you ask me. 

My last submission to them was for the Jim Lee signing. They usually take the money out almost as soon as it's received.. I still havent ben charged fully for my February  submission...:whatthe:

17 hours ago, DustinL said:

The turn around times are calculated from the time they are marked as received by CGC. Not the time they are delivered by the post office.

I thought they changed this to when they are delivered.  

According to this it is when they are delivered:

42 minutes ago, Petroman said:

Was it a prescreen? If so that's why.

36 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

My last submission to them was for the Jim Lee signing. They usually take the money out almost as soon as it's received.. I still havent ben charged fully for my February  submission...:whatthe:

Probably because they're not back from ccs yet?

2 hours ago, bmdully said:

Oh boy!  My value went SFG 5/2.  Maybe there is hope for me.

For chips and jiggles I called to check on the status of my FT Value submission Received as of 4/28 and was told that should be done sometime around the end of August.

@Point Five

2 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Spot on my friend! I was told it would be a few weeks when I was charged for pressing but that was a month ago lol

lol I feel you

I called yesterday 

before you hit #1 for customer service at cgc, if you wait one more second, and hit #2 for accounting they'll gladly charge you right away (since I didn't press my 20 book moderns lol )

I assume they'd do it for pressing to, but they might wait until the books are for cgc grading portion to charge it idk

I haven't called to make sure I've paid for the Jim Lee yet, I'm trying to give them a chance to do it themselves haha

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I feel you

I called yesterday 

before you hit #1 for customer service at cgc, if you wait one more second, and hit #2 for accounting they'll gladly charge you right away (since I didn't press my 20 book moderns lol )

I assume they'd do it for pressing to, but they might wait until the books are for cgc grading portion to charge it idk

I haven't called to make sure I've paid for the Jim Lee yet, I'm trying to give them a chance to do it themselves haha

I called and asked and the lady ( who was really nice) said we could do it now if you want lol I kinda regret calling now lmao 

Just now, Ninja0215 said:

I called and asked and the lady ( who was really nice) said we could do it now if you want lol I kinda regret calling now lmao 

wha? lol yep ahahhaahhaha

I had the same feeling :devil: sad but true haha

Still it's over and done with, idk lol 

16 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

For chips and jiggles I called to check on the status of my FT Value submission Received as of 4/28 and was told that should be done sometime around the end of August.

@Point Five

My books spent six months at CCS, I hope they're not at CGC that long for grading.:facepalm:

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was it a prescreen? If so that's why.

Probably because they're not back from ccs yet?

No, it was just a 25 book Slow Modern submission.  As I look back to the timings of things Delivered 3/24 (As per USPS), Received 4/20, Shipped 6/30, Charged to Amex 6/30.  Really the only good thing in the process was that they waited until the books were shipped back to charge me.  If I knew that this was the case going forward I might send more books in.  But in the past I think they charged me much earlier in the process and I wouldn't want to pony up a ton of cash and have to wait 6 months to get my books back.

2 hours ago, Ryan. said:

@Point Five

Just to point how inconsistent they are I have a FT Value that was received 4/29 that went into Grading/Encapsulating last Friday. 

2 minutes ago, Jkelly said:

Just to point how inconsistent they are I have a FT Value that was received 4/29 that went into Grading/Encapsulating last Friday. 

Anyone have any idea how long books are sitting in the new Grading/Encapsulating status before heading to the next phase, I assume Grading/Quality Control or Finalized shipped?

4 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

Anyone have any idea how long books are sitting in the new Grading/Encapsulating status before heading to the next phase, I assume Grading/Quality Control or Finalized shipped?

I was going to post the caveat that for some reason It hasn't moved in 3 days to QC, which seems out of the norm. Last week I had 3 modern boxes that would sit at Grading one day move to QC the next and then ship on the third day. But this Value box seems to not be following that path.

1 hour ago, Jkelly said:

I knew I should have sent my books in a day later :cry:

On 7/8/2021 at 1:32 PM, SeanYork said:

18 Modern - Quick Press and Grading

1/6/21     Delivered      

1/21/21   Received           

6/8/21     Charged by CCS              98 days from box opening

7/8/21     CCS in process                22 days since I was charged

7/14/21     Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging    136 working days from delivery

side note:  these never had the SFG tag

6 hours ago, X_Phile said:

I had some mags that were at grading/encapsulation since that was created. Just went to QC today.