• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2021 at 7:09 PM, Jemin said:

5 Modern Fast Track CCS and grading. 

4/23: Delivered

4/26: Received

6/16: Credit Card charged by CCS

6/18: CCS in Process

7/20: Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

7/21: Grading / Quality Control

7/22: Finalized / Imaged / Shipped

:banana::banana::banana:

Now the wait for the batch that was delivered on 6/21 to show up as received!

For anyone curious: The TAT was 40 days for CCS and 21 days for Grading when I submitted these.  From the day it was delivered to the Finalized / Imaged / Shipped status it was exactly 61 business days.

Edited by Jemin

On 6/17/2021 at 9:18 AM, Barth said:

(2) Standard

(9) Economy

(31) Value

(1) Modern

(1) Reholder

All delivered on 6/14 :popcorn:

No movement yet... Did everyone mark their box with what tiers are included? I didn't do that and I was just curious if that helped at all, especially with the Standard and Reholder. 

On 7/23/2021 at 8:47 AM, Barth said:

No movement yet... Did everyone mark their box with what tiers are included? I didn't do that and I was just curious if that helped at all, especially with the Standard and Reholder. 

Tom Petty once said " The waiting is the hardest part...."

On 7/23/2021 at 10:22 AM, Chazgee said:

I am. Every year since 2014. 

I started going in 2017. My sister and my bro in law get me tickets every year for my bday . The last time I was there wasn't much fun but I'm looking forward to this year because I know what to do differently. :banana:

Edited by Ninja0215

On 7/23/2021 at 9:38 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Deadline is almost over for the Jim lee signing! I'm so excited to see what grade I'll get :takeit:

Well that'll be the start of grading and if you pressed then an 8 week tat from then.

But like you I'm curious cause mine was an unpressed 9.2 hoping hoping hoping

On 7/23/2021 at 5:16 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Does anyone know at what point you're billed for grading? 

Indiscriminately is my answer.   

I had an Express get charged and they went ahead and added on the charges for 2x InHouse Signing, 1x FT Value, and 1x Modern slow. Even tho those 4 are still SFG and won't see movement for months. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:53 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

Indiscriminately is my answer.   

I had an Express get charged and they went ahead and added on the charges for 2x InHouse Signing, 1x FT Value, and 1x Modern slow. Even tho those 4 are still SFG and won't see movement for months. 

I'll be sending in on the standard tier very soon. I'm using an outside presser though and I wanted a heads up on when that charge will drop. Btw, has anyone used trinity pressing in Fort Knox ,Kentucky?? 

On 7/23/2021 at 9:56 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I'll be sending in on the standard tier very soon. I'm using an outside presser though and I wanted a heads up on when that charge will drop. Btw, has anyone used trinity pressing in Fort Knox ,Kentucky?? 

Generally speaking, I'm charged on books LONG after they've arrived. Lately it seems that it's just before or during the grading process (so months after). But I do know that, if you have a couple of orders in holding pattern, as soon as one is charged, they tend to charge the rest. So if you send a Standard by itself, it'll be 3-4 months down road. If you have a lingering Modern that goes to grading about time Standard is checked in, they  may charge you for both together. That's why I always put my stuff on a little used CC, so it isn't a surprise when $1000 CGC bill shows up on there randomly.   

And sorry, never heard of Trinity Pressing, I use my own presser too, but he's in TX. 

a regular modern sub just shipped that was in the same box and entered on the same day as my modern fast track

while i am happy that this one moved quicker, i really needed to get the fast track sub first as there were more valuable books in that submission

5/17 received/scheduled for grading

7/20 grading/encapsulation

7/22 grading/qa

7/23 shipped

On 7/23/2021 at 11:24 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

Generally speaking, I'm charged on books LONG after they've arrived. Lately it seems that it's just before or during the grading process (so months after). But I do know that, if you have a couple of orders in holding pattern, as soon as one is charged, they tend to charge the rest. So if you send a Standard by itself, it'll be 3-4 months down road. If you have a lingering Modern that goes to grading about time Standard is checked in, they  may charge you for both together. That's why I always put my stuff on a little used CC, so it isn't a surprise when $1000 CGC bill shows up on there randomly.   

And sorry, never heard of Trinity Pressing, I use my own presser too, but he's in TX. 

No worries dude! thanks for the response! 

I have two books I'm super stoked about and I want to send them on standard but I was curious to know when the hammer dropped lmao. I reached out to the guy the runs in and he seems like a good due, does a lot of stuff going to CGC and the grades were great.