• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2021 at 8:12 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

Ahhh, that one tempted me, but opted for Silvestri which is still in holding pattern. Seems like they also arent announcing on FB/Insta when creators come in. Like no Q&A or drawing on whiteboard. So just a surprise when it's done. 

Silvestri went fast. I couldn't resist the Kubert remarque.

What would happen if I package up/submit 40 moderns in the same box as 1 Express and mark the box "EX"? Would that move my 40 moderns into received straight away? Just asking for a friend that wants to save on combined shipping.....

On 8/5/2021 at 1:51 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.61963a9145662a8ceade2551c55167ac.png

Considering Greggy's quick turn around time does Joey have a service where he just drops off your books in person.  I appears to be trimming months off the grading time so it could be a valuable service.

So here is a thought @CGC Comics You have the whole "Opening comics delivered on ##,##,####". Now you need to add a "Grading books of Tier $$$$$ marked received ##,##,####" This would fix 95% of the complaints on the forums. And since your site claims to be first in first out this should be a 4 hour job for your Web Developer to add in. All you're doing is a select statement that pulls the oldest in a tier that has not been shipped or encapsulated, then feeding it to a page. If they tell you that it will take a week they are lying and its time for a new programmer.  

On 8/10/2021 at 9:52 AM, 1Cool said:

Considering Greggy's quick turn around time does Joey have a service where he just drops off your books in person.  I appears to be trimming months off the grading time so it could be a valuable service.

:news:

On 8/10/2021 at 8:12 AM, dave32563 said:

What would happen if I package up/submit 40 moderns in the same box as 1 Express and mark the box "EX"? Would that move my 40 moderns into received straight away? Just asking for a friend that wants to save on combined shipping.....

I saw a youtube video where a guy did this and the answer was yes. I can't find it now of course.  

On 8/10/2021 at 11:32 AM, cd4ever said:

I saw a youtube video where a guy did this and the answer was yes. I can't find it now of course.  

This is also why many people swear by fast tracking couple books in order and writing FT/Fast Track on box. Not that CGC has formal instructions for that....    

In my mind though, if that works, it just means they're inventoried faster and you stare at SFG for a longer period than otherwise. Doesn't actually *boost* est TAT. 

On 8/10/2021 at 12:57 PM, awakeintheashes said:

1168765788_ScreenShot2021-08-10at12_54_53PM.thumb.png.6baf15fc83665f3c493ae8a42e6071b2.png

lol   My modern fast track pre-screen received on 6/24 are still sitting at SFG.  Did Joey drop yours off at CGC in person?

On 8/10/2021 at 1:18 PM, 1Cool said:

lol   My modern fast track pre-screen received on 6/24 are still sitting at SFG.  Did Joey drop yours off at CGC in person?

Nope. These were mailed by me. I do have two submissions still with Joey, though.

On 8/10/2021 at 12:17 PM, loganparker said:

I have 50 FT Moderns received on 6/23 that haven’t moved from SFG? How does a FT Modern Pre-Screen received on 7/9 get to grading already? Doesn’t seem like books are being handled in any consistent order?

Having lived in this forum for couple years, seen these events a couple times. I strongly believe a trainer grabs a box or sub order at random and sits down with trainee to go through whatever apprenticing they get. Maybe things are bad enough that a middle manager grabs a stack at random and grades or inventories. It's the only thing that makes sense for such "extreme'' line jumps.

Edited by Jaywalker0

On 8/10/2021 at 3:33 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

Having lived in this forum for couple years, seen these events a couple times. I strongly believe a trainer grabs a box or sub order at random and sits down with trainee to go through whatever apprenticing they get. Maybe things are bad enough that a middle manager grabs a stack at random and grades or inventories. It's the only thing that makes sense for such "extreme'' line jumps.

Meh, these are the same kids that jump in line at Disney world, because they think they can :pullhair:

On 8/10/2021 at 3:33 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

You could be right. That 25 that moved to GEI was part of a 75 book submission that CGC breaks down into 3 submissions of 25. Seems like they randomly grab subs. That or whatever grader it got assigned to a grader with less of a backlog while the others did not. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 8/10/2021 at 3:06 PM, awakeintheashes said:

You could be right. That 25 that moved to GEI was part of a 75 book submission that CGC breaks down into 3 submissions of 25. Seems like they randomly grab subs. That or whatever grader it got assigned to a grader with less of a backlog while the others did not. 

So when CGC breaks the 75 sub into 3 subs of 25, do they charge $5 for each subset? Just wondering. If they don't, I'd like to submit a "mega-sub" one day to cut down on the $5 per submission fee.

On 8/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, comixry said:

So when CGC breaks the 75 sub into 3 subs of 25, do they charge $5 for each subset? Just wondering. If they don't, I'd like to submit a "mega-sub" one day to cut down on the $5 per submission fee.

Yes. No matter how many, it's broken into multiples of 25. Each with it's own $5 handling fee and return shipping scales. So per book costs have a capped floor so you can't spread it across more than the 25 at a time.