• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,041 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2021 at 1:35 PM, Petroman said:

Well this is a good sign, the last updated to the "now opening" banner was Friday, it only took 2 business days for them to open a week's worth of packages.  Maybe there is hope yet...

image.thumb.png.243d78ac8ab04237c0f17bc9eeb2ad8a.png

It is. Now if only they can find my MFT sub that was opened and marked as received on 6/22. They have been trying to look for it in the slow track going on 3 weeks now. :frustrated:

On 9/21/2021 at 1:38 PM, X_Phile said:

It is. Now if only they can find my MFT sub that was opened and marked as received on 6/22. They have been trying to look for it in the slow track going on 3 weeks now. :frustrated:

Wow, that's harsh.  Based on other posters here you should probably have gotten those books back already.  At a minimum they should give you back your Fast Track fees.  I can only imagine how out of control their warehouse is.  This is what happens when a small-ish company has a growth explosion.  And they completely shot themselves in the foot by announcing a price increase during a period of extremely high submissions.  I wonder what would have happened if they had just increased prices with no announcement.  It probably would have had the effect of slowing submissions a little bit an allowing them to catch up and even expand grading capacity.  A rookie mistake if you ask me.  Hopefully the new management will have a better idea of how to grow the company to handle higher volumes and greatly reduce turn around times.  I'm very leery to send anything too valuable/irreplaceable to them at this point as it really seems the chance of getting lost in Unopened Box Purgatory is way too high.  Unfortunately your case supports these fears.

On 9/21/2021 at 10:38 AM, X_Phile said:

A couple of my books were "misplaced" last year. I would call weekly and eventually they were found under a different order #.... So keep calling because they will forget about it. The books may eventually show up at some point but who knows how long that would take.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:19 PM, Hudson said:

Update - It is now 09/17 and CGC still has not even scanned my package yet.  In what world is this considered acceptable customer service?

USPS shows pacakage delivered on 08/09 and yet CGC still has not even scanned it as received.  39 days and counting.

09/21 - 43 since USPS showed package delivered.  Today I received a Submission Acknowledgement from CGC.  I then typed my tracking number into their system and it says...

"Your package has either not been delivered or has not been scanned by our staff. Please check back in a couple of days."
(shrug):facepalm: